NBA 2020-2021: The Dubs Empire Strikes Back

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Luka grabbing the back of his leg on one of those drives a few minutes back, not looking good.

When you have to run Trey Burke & Boban out there you know you have a serious talent deficit.

Sterling

El Presidente
Well early 3rd was good for Dallas, but it's been shit since. Kawhi doing work these last couple games.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Did injuries really fuck Porzingis that bad? Just watching him out there and he can't even post up Reggie Jackson. Maybe it's just a mental thing, I dunno.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Did injuries really fuck Porzingis that bad? Just watching him out there and he can't even post up Reggie Jackson. Maybe it's just a mental thing, I dunno.
Sorta. The Mavs also never setup anything for him. I mean, I think he could still really offer something to another team but with the Mavs system it's just not worth it to keep his salary on the roster. I really expect them to reach out to the Warriors, Kings, Celtics, Pacers and try to match big salaries with some other player. In fairness he came off knee surgery and had almost no off-season after the bubble.

Man, tough to watch but I think the one silver-lining is the Mavs FO hopefully realizing they absolutely cannot keep status quo. Luka played just insane, and they still lost. Re-signing Hardaway Jr. and making nominal moves is not going to get it done, this team is not "young" around Luka. Get more talent on that team. I think that Clippers team might go on a run, just such a stacked team.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hope Durant wins Finals MVP so people can stfu about him piggybacking a couple championships.

He was the best player on those Warrior teams and is the best player on this one.

I just hope he can stay healthy.

Sterling

El Presidente
I hope Durant wins Finals MVP so people can stfu about him piggybacking a couple championships.

He was the best player on those Warrior teams and is the best player on this one.

I just hope he can stay healthy.
I mean both of those things can be true. That he was the best player on those Warrior teams and that he definitely stacked the deck in his favor going there.

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Durant was a total faggot to go to the Warriors. It was a cop out. Guy is an amazing player though.

Bucks have played like shit so far, not even making the Nets work for it... I was really hoping to avoid another "super team/big 3".

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Nikola Jokic Dance GIF by NBA

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't watch, but Embiid has been playing very well according to the box scores... especially with a torn meniscus.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Mitchell scored 37 but was -2 for +/-. Ingles was pretty damn efficient though. Good night for him.

Also, why the fuck did Giannis take 8 3 pt attempts?!?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Because the league now expects him to. I really hate this form of the NBA.
Blame Dirk. A 7'0" freak with the shooting touch of a 6'4" shooting guard. Now the league expects every big man to do the same. They have that in KD, but no one should ever expect all your bigs to be like those 2.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
People shit talking CP3 earlier in this thread look a little silly now.

He's an interesting guy. Every time he joins a team they always take a leap, but he's only ever been to the Conference Finals once and lost in the first round six times.