NBA 2020-2021: The Dubs Empire Strikes Back

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
People are just sounding like old fogies in here. The young stars are going to become the faces of the NBA and the replace the old stars. Same as it ever was.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I have a serious question. Do you truly enjoy these dudes who cry, whine, and give up over the new, hard running kids? Luka, Trae , Ayton, Mitchell, Jokic , Simmons, Tatum, Morant,etc, etc. These guys are electric. Fun as fuck to watch!

Trae isn't fun to watch, he's every bit as much a flopping bit&* as Harden and CP3, but they are both better. Ayton? not sure you'd label him one of the faces of a new generation at this point. Morant is pretty overrated, a poor man's Westbrook until further notice, but yes he doesn't seem to complain a lot if thats you're main point.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Trae isn't fun to watch, he's every bit as much a flopping bit&* as Harden and CP3, but they are both better. Ayton? not sure you'd label him one of the faces of a new generation at this point. Morant is pretty overrated, a poor man's Westbrook until further notice, but yes he doesn't seem to complain a lot if thats you're main point.

CP3....better than Trae....Ok! CP3 heavy lifting the Suns with that 9 point a game average this last series. Whew, hard work! No wonder he's always injured! That team's going as far as Booker takes them, not CP3. Might want to join us in this decade instead of the last one. Morant...maybe but he's still young. Maybe he can learn to elevate his game but we know Westbrook does his thing no matter what the team needs from him. It could be a good discussion between you and him. Invite Westbrook over to watch the next round with you.

Moving on from that titillating discussion....

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
CP3....better than Trae....Ok! CP3 heavy lifting the Suns with that 9 point a game average this last series. Whew, hard work! No wonder he's always injured! That team's going as far as Booker takes them, not CP3.

Let me clarify, not disagreeing with any of that. Prime CP3 was better than Trae (for sure), and now yeah Trae is probably better only cause his health allows him to be more consistent. And yes Harden is definitely better than Trae now or then. But my main pint was that Trae is every bit the flopping bitch that they are, which disagrees with the point you were making that this new generation doesn't cry or whine.

I forgot to mention Jokic as well. Superbly skilled, but also a flopper who whines a ton. He's the center version of Harden.

Sterling

El Presidente
I feel like the flopping thing is more on the league than individual players. If they started giving out technical fouls for flops you'd see a lot less of them. If flopping gets you calls and is an active advantage it shouldn't be a surprise that people do it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Let me clarify, not disagreeing with any of that. Prime CP3 was better than Trae (for sure), and now yeah Trae is probably better only cause his health allows him to be more consistent. And yes Harden is definitely better than Trae now or then. But my main pint was that Trae is every bit the flopping bitch that they are, which disagrees with the point you were making that this new generation doesn't cry or whine.

I forgot to mention Jokic as well. Superbly skilled, but also a flopper who whines a ton. He's the center version of Harden.

Ok, and I agree with that. Good assessments on those guys for sure. Honestly, I just like to bitch like the older players do. They all have flaws and I'm tired of the old whiny bitches and have more patience for the newer ones.

Westbrook will never play team ball. Harden gets too many calls during the season and once the refs start doing their job, he fades really quickly. Kyrie only plays when he wants to, CP3 and AD are always injured and Big Baby always has an excuse for everything. I've seen their old shows too many times.

I'm ready for the next generation and am pretty tired of always hearing about the same 5-6 dudes. Reporters talked about CP3 helping the Suns move on but he really didn't do a whole lot. An honest assessment from the propaganda would be that Booker is beginning to look like an elite player.

In defense of the young guys, they learned to be bitches from the old dudes and the NBA allows it. I don't like it but it isn't going away. I'm just tired of seeing it from elite athletes.

TL;DR- first section.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I feel like the flopping thing is more on the league than individual players. If they started giving out technical fouls for flops you'd see a lot less of them. If flopping gets you calls and is an active advantage it shouldn't be a surprise that people do it.

LeBron has made a career out of it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Boy wonder not playing great the last 3 quarters. Would be a really good time to score some points...

Kawhi with an MJ game tonight. Fuck.

Last edited:

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't get the CP3 stuff. Everyone wrote him off after the Houston trade. He's old, but what he's done in Phoenix is amazing. He shouldn't have been written off imho. I wish he was on the Twolves because we could surely use someone to put KAT in his place, and help ANT along.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
KL's game is so smooth its sick. He does make it seem effortless.

George and Jackson scored the quietest 20+ points I've ever seen.

Luka had an off night (ONLY 29 points the bum)...and jeez was he playing so far off the ball that he couldn't even get a hand in anyone's face most of the time. He did get a couple great steals though.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No way Leonard was going out like a punk after airballing a 3 at the end of the game before, and people on social media throwing away his shoes.

He had to do that. For the brand.

They will promptly lose game 7 at home as Doncic goes for 50 but hey at least he protected his rep.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Luka with 29, 7, and 3 so far and losing by 8 lol. Really hope the Clippers slow down, all that talent is hard to over come.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People are just sounding like old fogies in here. The young stars are going to become the faces of the NBA and the replace the old stars. Same as it ever was.
Screen_Shot_2020-10-05_at_11.51.58_AM.jpg

Sterling

El Presidente
Luka with 29, 7, and 3 so far and losing by 8 lol. Really hope the Clippers slow down, all that talent is hard to over come.
Hardaway was shit in the first half. Maybe that 3 he just made puts him back on track.