NBA 2020-2021: The Dubs Empire Strikes Back

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
CP3 has always been a great, winning player. Don't let his lack of a title fool you, that guy can win. I'd absolutely love to have that guy with Luka for two years (even if he is injury prone in his old age).

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
CP3 has always been a great, winning player. Don't let his lack of a title fool you, that guy can win. I'd absolutely love to have that guy with Luka for two years (even if he is injury prone in his old age).
Yeah, except for maybe a couple years of his Clippers teams, I'm not sure any of his teams really were perceived to have the talent to be contenders.

There was his good Houston run that year he was injured at the end, but I really think they just had some fire that year... wasn't surprised how the year after went.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
He took our poo poo Hornets/Pelicans further than AD did. Better supporting cast by a long shot, but CP3 has my respect over AD.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Kyrie going down with ankle. If he can't go in game 5 and Harden is still out, this series will get very difficult for the Nets.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Kyrie going down with ankle. If he can't go in game 5 and Harden is still out, this series will get very difficult for the Nets.

Good. The only team I'm cheering against right now. I can't think of another time in my sports cheering life where I've been cool with every team in the semis except for one.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
People shit talking CP3 earlier in this thread look a little silly now.

He's an interesting guy. Every time he joins a team they always take a leap, but he's only ever been to the Conference Finals once and lost in the first round six times.

Not really. He's a great player but injury prone and now older. Hell, he had a shoulder injury during the 1st round and only went over 29 minutes twice in 6 games and had a poor series overall. He's having a fantastic 2nd round so we suddenly forget he's older with an injury history? I don't think so. I'd love for him to finally get a ring and think he deserves it, but if he goes down with an injury will you be shocked? Be honest.

Sterling

El Presidente
He's definitely had some injury issues. And as I said before there are definitely times he's a bitch. But he also makes every team he's ever been on much better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah Chris Paul is great. Top 5 PG all time IMO. And that's coming from the Dubs fan.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Yeah Chris Paul is great. Top 5 PG all time IMO. And that's coming from the Dubs fan.
Magic, AI, Steph, Jason Kidd, Isaiah Thomas. I probably got the order a little off, but no. CP3 doesn't crack my top 5

• 1Solidarity

Kaines

Potato Supreme
And of you don't think Kidd belongs there then take your pick of John Stockton or Steve Nash

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Magic, AI, Steph, Jason Kidd, Isaiah Thomas. I probably got the order a little off, but no. CP3 doesn't crack my top 5

You bring up a very good list that I find trouble arguing against.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Al is one of the greatest players to never win anything. He carried what might have been the worst team to ever make it to the Finals. More so than LeBron with the '07 Cavs.

The only player in Kaines list I might put CP3 in front of is Isaiah Thomas because if you're holding CP3's bitch ass-ness against him you have to do the same for Thomas.

"And I took that personally"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Some of it comes down to how much you value peak vs totality. Like peak Nash belongs in that mix and Stockton and Kidd are more about consistently being very good for a million years.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Some of it comes down to how much you value peak vs totality. Like peak Nash belongs in that mix and Stockton and Kidd are more about consistently being very good for a million years.
And I didn't even get to Tony Parker, John Stark, or Westbrook

• 1Solidarity