NBA 2020-2021: The Dubs Empire Strikes Back

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, John Starks isn't even HoF material. Went to exactly one All-Star game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yeah, John Starks isn't even HoF material. Went to exactly one All-Star game.

(Starks was a SG if I remember correctly)

You're correct, but Starks was smack dab in the middle of 90's basketball. Arguably the greatest era in NBA history. And he was solid. I think Ewing and Starks when I thing NYC basketball. He would JUST make it into the HOF if I had my way.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Reggie Miller clowned Starks badly, dude was mentally weak and Reggie exploited it every time they played.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I can't rank AI in my top 5. He was such a fun player to watch at Georgetown and early in his career, but he was really the ultimate volume scorer. Few players could have ever done what he did and score the way he did, but if I'm putting a team together thats not what I want in my point guard. Similar to Westbrook - who by the way has pretty similar scoring efficiency as AI - amazing, amazing motors, do so many things to try to help their teams win, but there are other guys I'd take before them.

Magic, Steph, Isiah, Stockton... probably Kidd. Nash and Gary Payton right there as well. And CP3 is right behind them. He's in the conversation for top 5 really, he can just be such a little bi&cH. CP3 may be the best PG ever at controlling the flow of the game. He's just never found a way to turn that into winning on the biggest stages, and sometimes I wonder if he controls the ball so much to the point where it can be detrimental to the team by not letting other guys get more involved.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I can't rank AI in my top 5. He was such a fun player to watch at Georgetown and early in his career, but he was really the ultimate volume scorer. Few players could have ever done what he did and score the way he did, but if I'm putting a team together thats not what I want in my point guard. Similar to Westbrook - who by the way has pretty similar scoring efficiency as AI - amazing, amazing motors, do so many things to try to help their teams win, but there are other guys I'd take before them.

Magic, Steph, Isiah, Stockton... probably Kidd. Nash and Gary Payton right there as well. And CP3 is right behind them. He's in the conversation for top 5 really, he can just be such a little bi&cH. CP3 may be the best PG ever at controlling the flow of the game. He's just never found a way to turn that into winning on the biggest stages, and sometimes I wonder if he controls the ball so much to the point where it can be detrimental to the team by not letting other guys get more involved.

Difference between AI and Westbrook is AI had zero fucking help and Westbrook has played with HoF's end of comparison and story.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You guys are delusional, how is LeBron not in anyone's top 5 PG of all time?

Come on now! Respect the KING.

• 1Dislike

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Difference between AI and Westbrook is AI had zero fucking help and Westbrook has played with HoF's end of comparison and story.

Iverson had a hall of famer (Mutumbo) on his team that he took to the finals. Also played with Carmelo when Carmelo was arguably at his best, and they did nothing together. Because in the end they are two chuckers that don't make their teammates much better like true superstars should.

I'd put it this way... if you could take Westbrook and put him on that Philly team instead of Iverson could they have still gone to the finals that year? Maybe. The strength of that team was their defense. Since they lacked scoring punch, Iverson had free reign to take all the shots he wanted and that was enough to get them to the finals that one year. Westbrook has shown that like Iverson, he also has the ability to put up 30+ shots and score 50+ on any given night. Iverson was a slightly better scorer, but I don't know if the gap was that wide as neither of them are very efficient. But Westbrook is definitely a better rebounder and the assist numbers show he gets his teammates more involved, although does turn it over a bit more. Arguably a better point guard than AI. But again, not taking either in my top 5.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
AI was extremely entertaining. He's clearly a great player, but I feel like he's generally a little overrated. Westbrook has had this weird path where he was massively overrated for so long that there's been this wild overcorrection and people seem to generally think he's always been straight garbage when the truth is somewhere in the middle.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't fuck with a dude wearing a mullet.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You gotta take your hat off to Khawi Leonard. People were talking a ton of shit about the guy when they were down 2-0 to Dallas, with media personalities even questioning his legacy and brand (even after the fucking guy single handedly brought Toronto a title, and had already won a Finals MVP with San Antonio) . With his back against the wall he came out firing and clawed the Clippers back into the series, eventually winning Game 7. Now down 2-0 again, he has evened up the series again, topping off the run with a MONSTROUS flush on Favors.

When Khawi is healthy and motivated he is a top 3 player in the league. Only LeBron and KD are better when he is in his groove IMO.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's simple. Call the foul on the fucking shooter when they pull shit like that. They are the ones initiating contact with the defender at that point.
Should even be a technical. I've been saying that would curb 99 percent of at least the egregious shit out.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider
AI was a volume scorer with a decent FG percentage and outside of steals, played no defense, he was too small to guard anyone. He did nothing to make people around him better and surely isn’t in the top five, or even top 10 as a playmaker.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users