babo

Golden Knight of the Realm
C's big 3!
E5v-CS9VgAc4Dvm.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol yeah right that would be awesome. Dame pg, Beal sg Tatum sf, ballin.

Sterling

El Presidente
that's part of it, but ball movement and spacing is 100x better so bringing back hand checking won't turn the game back into 90s hoops. Playing off the ball is actually a thing now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Had to check when that video was made. Thought it was some black comedy joking about a dead guy returning from retirement.

Sterling

El Presidente
Had to check when that video was made. Thought it was some black comedy joking about a dead guy returning from retirement.
i didn't even watch it, but you know it was a video that thinks bringing back the handcheck will lead to 80-75 games again.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Nah. He just goes into how once they enforced no hand checking how perimeter players took over the league.

Sterling

El Presidente
Nah. He just goes into how once they enforced no hand checking how perimeter players took over the league.
That's fair, that was certainly a part of it. But even since then the league has evolved quite a lot in terms of spacing and off the ball play.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
i didn't even watch it, but you know it was a video that thinks bringing back the handcheck will lead to 80-75 games again.

So...you don't watch the video but you know exactly what the argument is? What an informed opinion. As someone who watched it, of course hand checking and changing the foul rules will change the game some but it is a different game today and the NBA wanted it (an argument he was actually making). They want the perimeter game to continue to be the focus.

It would be an interesting experiment to see how much the increased pressure would lower the 3 point percentage and if guys like the Greek Freak could dominate even more with guaranteed points over the theoretically lowered 3 point numbers.

Sterling

El Presidente
So...you don't watch the video but you know exactly what the argument is? What an informed opinion. As someone who watched it, of course hand checking and changing the foul rules will change the game some but it is a different game today and the NBA wanted it (an argument he was actually making). They want the perimeter game to continue to be the focus.

It would be an interesting experiment to see how much the increased pressure would lower the 3 point percentage and if guys like the Greek Freak could dominate even more with guaranteed points over the theoretically lowered 3 point numbers.
Yeah, I mean it's the 6427th video on hand checking so there's a reasonable chance that it's making similar arguments to the other 6426. I don't think shooting percentage would change that much, although you'd probably get a few less attempts and there'd be slightly less possessions per game with there being even more need for ball movement.

• 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I mean it's the 6427th video on hand checking so there's a reasonable chance that it's making similar arguments to the other 6426. I don't think shooting percentage would change that much, although you'd probably get a few less attempts and there'd be slightly less possessions per game with there being even more need for ball movement.

You need to care about every single one....and like and subscribe. Thank you.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Not a great freeze frame there - that's a foul in any era. Anthony doing a ball check with the right hand and grabbing Jordan's arm with his left.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah people want to make it seem like in the 90s every play was a wrestling match and they never talk about the free baskets that happened all the time because you dragged the big out of the paint. Or the fact that most plays had a bunch of people basically standing around because it was all ISO. You can dislike the aesthetics of the modern NBA, but everyone is much more involved now.

• 1Like

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I'm glad cp3 will finally get his ring, but damn, Giannis needs some help. No chance he ever wins anything of consequence with Middleton as his #2

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Not glad CPwhiner will finally get his ring, hoping the Bucks can at least win the next game to make it interesting...

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Not glad CPwhiner will finally get his ring, hoping the Bucks can at least win the next game to make it interesting...

I'm hoping he finally gets it. Then, when he enthuses to Bigger Whiner, LBJ can say, "You know, dude, if I had any support at all in the playoffs...."

• 1Truth!