NCAA Basketball 2012/13

Is it me or is Gonzaga insanely overrated?

Like the two mildly decent teams they played (Butler, IL) - they fucking lost to. WTF are they doing at number 3?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Is it me or is Gonzaga insanely overrated?

Like the two mildly decent teams they played (Butler, IL) - they fucking lost to. WTF are they doing at number 3?
Hey, they beat Okie State earlier this season (by 1, the fuckers). I think they might be a solid 10-14 team, but NOBODY in CBB this season is overly impressive. I would take any team in the top 15 against any other team and on their day - any of the teams could win. I still think KU is arguably the "best" team in CBB this season, but haven't really put it all together yet and have some terrible losses. The ACC is projected as having 2 #1 seeds, which is a fucking loljoke. Getting really, really excited for the tourney. OSU hasn't been in years.

Sterling

El Presidente
Duke has 1 shitty loss to a conference team. That shit happens. NC State was ranked and Miami is actually good. They've also beaten some good teams too so I don't really have a problem with it if they end up a 1 seed. Like a number of others have said, nobody really looks all that impressive. The tournament should be awesome this year since it really feels like anyone can get hot and win it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
UF/Mizzou is turning into a terrific game. Columbia is a tough place to play - seen many a game there against the Pokes over the years. Would be a huge win for the Tigers.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hopefully it's a good version of "anyone can win it" this year, and not the shitfest we got a few years ago. Ugh, Uconn v Butler finale...

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Great win for the Tiggers - SEC probably no #1 this season. Ya, I think this is definitely a "get hot at the right time and anyone 1-15 or so can win it" kind of year.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pretty fantastic game between KU and Iowa St. Elijah Johnson must have ate his wheaties this morning, 39 points out of no where.

Refs sucked big black donkey cock, but that's pretty much the norm.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yup, fuck these Big 12 refs. Did something similar in the OSU/KU game last week. No defense by ISU at the end (all game really). You let a 3rd/4th option drop 39 on you?! Give me a break.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
This is Iowa State's team this year. They're hoping to just shoot the other team out of the building but it doesn't hold up against really talented squads. Or really on the road. They miss Royce White a lot who was more of an anchor on D than anything they have now.

I'm not sure which pisses me off more. The no call charge Niang drew at the end of regulation in this game (although the foul on the floor bugged me even more at least the announcers called the refs out on that sequence), or the bullshit 3 McLemore banked in to send the Lawrence game to OT with a similar end result earlier in the season. Oh well. ISU will still see the tournament for the second year in a row. Have to go back over a decade and Larry Eustachy's Natty Light days since the last time that happened.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This is Iowa State's team this year. They're hoping to just shoot the other team out of the building but it doesn't hold up against really talented squads. Or really on the road. They miss Royce White a lot who was more of an anchor on D than anything they have now.

I'm not sure which pisses me off more. The no call charge Niang drew at the end of regulation in this game (although the foul on the floor bugged me even more at least the announcers called the refs out on that sequence), or the bullshit 3 McLemore banked in to send the Lawrence game to OT with a similar end result earlier in the season. Oh well. ISU will still see the tournament for the second year in a row. Have to go back over a decade and Larry Eustachy's Natty Light days since the last time that happened.
Oh I think it can hold up against talented squads as well. The problem with a 3 point shooting team is when they don't shoot well they are susceptible to losing to even mediocre teams. It's a lot harder for a talented team that has strong inside presence to lose because even if they are shooting bad they can usually still get points in the paint. That's usually why one dimensional 3 point shooting teams usually don't get too far in the tournament. It's really hard to string together 6 good shooting nights in a row.

They way ISU was shooting last night I think they would have beaten almost any team. KU was extremely fortunate to not get the charge call at the end (although there were still plenty of bad calls that went against KU throughout the game) as well as having Johnson shoot the best he has his whole college career. Without Johnson going nuts and making some well guarded long 3s it wouldn't have been close.

If Johnson can keep his momentum going and be a solid PG for the rest of the season KU will be extremely hard to beat. They have had virtually no PG play all year so if he becomes a driving/3 threat it will open up all sorts of shots for Withey and Young underneath and Mclemore/Releford from the perimeter.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think ISU will do very well in the tournament because they suck away from Hilton. Last year they lucked into a perfect match up against UCONN who was one of the worst teams in the nation defending the 3. I'm hoping for a first round opponent similar this year and maybe we'll get lucky. Don't see them going past that though.

We'll see how next year goes. Hoiberg did what he could to get the team turned around quickly and a lot of that was taking in transfers. Next year we lose Clyburn, Babb, Lucious and McGee all 4 are impact players. Niang is a true freshman and looks to be a baller. He'll get better and we have this Matt Thomas guard coming in that's supposed to be an impact freshman. Losing a lot of talent though.

KU is such a weird team this year. That Releford dude has one of the worst handles i've ever seen but he somehow manages to keep control most of the time. McLemore can't shoot away from home. They have tons of talent for sure, and I think that Johnson dude has played better as of late, but I'd view this game as more of a fluke than anything.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cincinnati has slumped big time this season but at least we got the worst uniforms in the history of sports (yes, worse than the Steelers jailbird uniforms).

rrr_img_15482.jpg