NCAA Basketball 2012/13

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Kansas clearly got fucked in the draw. Their road through the final four could include beating UNC, Michigan and Georgetown.

Charles_sl

shitlord
I agree that Kansas has a rough road, so does Louisville. Kansas has to play North Carolina or Villanova in the second round, that's rough already. Then after that they have to deal with Michigan and possibly Georgetown or Florida. I think Kansas has the toughest bracket. Louisville has a tough bracket too, Saint Louis, who knows what they can do if they have a big chip on their shoulder, then Duke or Michigan State, that's rough too.

The West and the East seem to be the most open brackets to me. In the West we have Gonzaga, Ohio State, New Mexico and Kansas State, that doesn't seem very top heavy to me, I think anyone could come out of there. With really only Indiana and Miami over in the East, I think Syracuse has a good chance against both of those teams.

It's going to be so fun, I can't wait. I wish Syracuse wasn't playing in California for the first two rounds though...

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Speaking of Calipari and recruits...

Julius Randall just committed to Kentucky, that makes 5 of the top 13 recruits. # 2,4,5,10,13. They also signed the #18 guy for shits and giggles. Yep, a top 20 recruit who may end up being a 6th man, may not even get to start. So when does the NCAA investigation start, or does Calipari get a pass now that he's at Kentucky and not a small program like Memphis or UMass(where he went on probation with both)

darkko_sl

shitlord
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3156&t=11388925Check out the table in the first post of this thread. Crazy good class so far. That said Calipari is the dirtiest coach in college athletics and the NCAA just looks the other way. Oh well, it will hit the fan eventually...although he'll probably skate away free to another school. If he has a final four vacated at UK he will be breaking his own record of being the only coach with two vacated final fours at different schools lol.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't understand these shit coaches, just go to the NBA? Unless of course you feel you're not nearly a good enough to coach in the NBA unless you're able to unfairly recruit the top class in the nation every year.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Kyle Wiltjer reported to be transferring out of UK now. Not that he was all that great this year, but he was still an all-American.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Interested to see where Wiggins will end up. Adding Randle to the wildcats makes me think that he will go with UNC or KU, but then again I didn't think Randle would go to UK.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Speaking of Calipari and recruits...

Julius Randall just committed to Kentucky, that makes 5 of the top 13 recruits. # 2,4,5,10,13. They also signed the #18 guy for shits and giggles. Yep, a top 20 recruit who may end up being a 6th man, may not even get to start. So when does the NCAA investigation start, or does Calipari get a pass now that he's at Kentucky and not a small program like Memphis or UMass(where he went on probation with both)
It's outrageous really. It's so obvious that the guy is still doing shady things yet it's allowed to go on. I don't think anyone who follows and enjoys college basketball, well other than Kentucky fans, thinks that Kentucky is running anything even close to a clean program. Of course they aren't the only ones, I'm sure everyone has some sort of shady strategy behind their recruiting, but Kentucky is clearly doing something above and beyond what the other schools are doing.

Top recruit, after top recruit, after top recruit, after top recruit, after top recruit...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Meh. I mean, yeah, there probably is some shit going down at SU. What large school isn't doing something against the rules? But "throw a dart at the manual and you would hit a violation", source sounds biased. Probably Doug Gottleib.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Yea I was just curious. Did you guys know the NCAA was poking around? Worst part is if the NCAA comes to town doing all their bullshit Calipari is just sitting there laughing.
frown.png

frown.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Greatest weekend in sports is upon us. Wish I wasn't so busy at work this next 2 weeks - Vegas this weekend is the best weekend in the fucking world. Scotch, sports book, strip clubs.... Sigh. Pokes have a tough one against Oregon - would hate to go out w/out Smart getting one tourney win in his college career....

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea I was just curious. Did you guys know the NCAA was poking around? Worst part is if the NCAA comes to town doing all their bullshit Calipari is just sitting there laughing.
frown.png
It was known. Severity is not. Fab Melo getting suspended twice in one season, you have to assume the NCAA is poking around.

frown.png