NCAA Basketball 2013-14

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
KU going to get to the elite 8 going through Eastern Kentucky, Stanford, and Dayton. Lolol

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
UMass hasn't beaten a team with a winning record since February 21. And, the Committee rewarded UMass with a No. 6 seed. - Jay Bilas

And an Iowa team that has been in full tailspin mode. You guys have had quite the road so far.
Now it gets tough. Mercer. They kicked our ass in the NIT last year!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
KU going to get to the elite 8 going through Eastern Kentucky, Stanford, and Dayton. Lolol
You remember their run to the NCAA title in 08?

#16 Portland, #8 UNLV, #12 Villanova, #10 Davidson to get to the Final 4 out of their region. Highest seed they had to face was an 8.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Somebody take the fucking whistles away from these refs already. They're gonna end up calling 60 fouls for the game.
And they weren't consistent at all. They would let someone get hacked in the lane, then call an off-ball phantom foul. And seriously, that was the worst intentional foul call I have ever seen.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You remember their run to the NCAA title in 08?

#16 Portland, #8 UNLV, #12 Villanova, #10 Davidson to get to the Final 4 out of their region. Highest seed they had to face was an 8.
Ya, but they did have to beat UNC to get to the championship game, which also was against a 1 seed. I don't think Syracuse will lose to Dayton anyways, would be funny though.

iannis

Musty Nester
lol. Coach K looked like he was being arrested on his walk down the hall after the game. That cop walking beside him and he just had his head hung.

Do these games have an immediate effect on these guys going pro? The local guy asked one of the Duke seniors if he was still going to go pro and apparently the answer was, "Well, maybe".

Is being on the title team THAT big of a deal? Or was it just a dumb kid being a dumb kid?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
lol. Coach K looked like he was being arrested on his walk down the hall after the game. That cop walking beside him and he just had his head hung.

Do these games have an immediate effect on these guys going pro? The local guy asked one of the Duke seniors if he was still going to go pro and apparently the answer was, "Well, maybe".

Is being on the title team THAT big of a deal? Or was it just a dumb kid being a dumb kid?
No, being on a title team isn't anywhere near as important as things like height, speed, verticle, etc

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Love the technical before the UK/K State game has even started. Been to a few Kentucky games in which I have personally witnessed them doing the same thing. But when it comes tournament time, gotta call things as the SEC sponsorship could be in jeopardy.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Haha, holy shit, anyone watching this VCU/SF Austin game?

VCU up 4 with free throws, misses both, SFA comes down hits a 3 and gets fouled.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Haha, holy shit, anyone watching this VCU/SF Austin game?

VCU up 4 with free throws, misses both, SFA comes down hits a 3 and gets fouled.
Ya, it was incredibly stupid. Just let him take an open three, you'll still be up 1 with 3 seconds left and the ball, the only thing you can't do is exactly what they did.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Love the technical before the UK/K State game has even started. Been to a few Kentucky games in which I have personally witnessed them doing the same thing. But when it comes tournament time, gotta call things as the SEC sponsorship could be in jeopardy.
I don't give a shit if it is the rule, use your fucking heads refs. Give the team a warning and give them the T if they do it again. They give coaches warnings all the time for leaving the coaches box, so it's not like they can't use their discretion when calling technicals.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I don't give a shit if it is the rule, use your fucking heads refs. Give the team a warning and give them the T if they do it again. They give coaches warnings all the time for leaving the coaches box, so it's not like they can't use their discretion when calling technicals.
I agree, the rule for the most part is it should only be called when a ref is on the floor (which by the rules, a ref should always be on the floor before any team). The issue is, from what I am hearing, no ref was on the floor to begin with. So pretty much, I bet Calipari went and cried about it.

Cauley-Stein should pretty much be fouled out at the half, not planted at all at the rim and is actually moving towards people. But whooda-thunk, no calls at all on him....