NCAA Basketball 2013-14

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Haha! I'm not the one to really worry about, the others guys I am going with are. It seems they get in brawls nearly every UK/Louisville rivalry game across any sport (wouldn't surprise me at a some volleyball game). Which then somehow I get kicked out with them...

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
As one of the final 16 teams remaining in the tournament and one of the three elite representatives of the basketball powerhouse that is the undefeated SEC I would like to point out to you that Wichita beat us and we are in no way shape or form a trash team. All three SEC teams are going to make the final four(despite Kentucky and us being in the same region) and when we get there we shall chant SEC SEC SEC.

And yes, ACC, this is payback for you fuckers breaking the BCS streak.

So to summarize, it's going to be Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee, and the Milwaukee Bucks in the final four, with PSV Eindhoven winning it all. It's 4 AM.
While it baffles me how much disrespect the SEC gets in basketball, almost even more ridiculous is the amount of love that the Big 12 and Big 10 get in Basketball. Let's look at some numbers:

National Championships in the last 10 years:
SEC - 3
ACC - 3
Big East - 3
Big 12 - 1
Big 10 - 0

National Championships in last 20 years:
SEC - 6
ACC - 5
Big East - 5
Pac 12 - 2
Big 12 - 1
Big 10 - 1

So the SEC and ACC deserve to be considered elite basketball conferences, so would the Big East if is still existed. Outside of that, everyone else sucks

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
National Championships are not the only metric of which to judge a conference. Outside of Florida and Kentucky(which everyone rightly hates), SEC basketball is...?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SEC basketball is...?
Fuckin AWESOME BOY!

rrr_img_63386.jpg

p.s.

Jesus Flava lookin old as fuck I just wanted to point that out.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Obviously, the National Titles speak for themselves but outside of UK, UF, and to some extent Tenn. the rest of the league is mediocre. No one is knocking the SEC for their titles. UK and UF are as good as anyone in the country nearly every year. In the end, it doesn't matter if the league top to bottom is weak, winning titles is all that matters.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Obviously, the National Titles speak for themselves but outside of UK, UF, and to some extent Tenn. the rest of the league is mediocre. No one is knocking the SEC for their titles. UK and UF are as good as anyone in the country nearly every year. In the end, it doesn't matter if the league top to bottom is weak, winning titles is all that matters.
yeah I really was just finishing DeathWing's sentence for him lol. I would agree with your assessment.

darkko_sl

shitlord
UF has to be feeling good about their draw now. OSU, Kansas, Syracuse all gone. Rest of the games are all very winnable

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I disagree. If those two teams are winning your titles, what's the point of saying the SEC has won X titles over Y years? The truth is that Florida and Kentucky have won titles, not the SEC. The SEC is the MVC outside of Kentucky and Florida.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
And the Big 12 is what outside of kansas? And the Big 10 is what outside of Michigan State(and occasionally Indiana)?

Most conferences have 1 or 2 dominant teams, and then a whole bunch of other teams that can make a nice run to a sweet 16 or maybe even an elite 8 once in a while, and then they fizzle out.

The SEC has had the following teams make the Sweet 16 in the last 5 years(2009-2013 tournaments)
Kentucky
Florida
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
LSU
And both Missouri and A&M have made Sweet 16s in that time, but were part of the Big 12 when they did it)

But, that's half of the current SEC having made the Sweet 16 in just the past 5 tournaments, 7 of 14 teams.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, all of the conferences are mostly chaff. Welcome to one and done. Most teams suck and are full of inexperienced players. Aggregate Sweet 16 appearances is not a good metric for conference quality. Unless, you really think Stanford is good this year.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Stanford is just as good as Tennessee this year, therefore they are elite. Although their conference is inferior to the SEC obviously, but we won't hold that against them too much.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking SEC, even turns fans of former big 12 teams into conference humping morons. It is douche magic.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I should have been more skeptical to begin with, that report coming from a Fox affiliate. Apparently the bullshit fruit grows on every limb of that tree.

I still don't see him jumping ship just for more money. I would think that as long as he continues to be successful at VCU, when and if he does leave it will be for both more money and for one of the gem jobs in college BB.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Arizona pulled it out. Nick Johnson was ice cold and 0-10 then came alive and saved the wildcats. Like a BOSS!