NCAA Basketball 2013-14

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Why is the Final Four constantly being referred to as "North Texas" ? It's in the damn Cowboys stadium, just say it's in Dallas.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Probably because of some directive from CBS or maybe the NCAA. Not sure why they would have such a preference.

Royal

UConn put on as impressive a defensive performance as I've seen all year. It reminded me of those Duke teams from the 90's.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Michigan lives and dies by the three. Was still close. I suppose I want Wisconsin to win for the Big Ten at least.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, and the Giants aren't in NY either. Everyone knows it as the Dallas Cowboys stadium. Referring to it as "North Texas" is about as dumb as constantly referring to the last Super Bowl as being played in Northern New Jersey. Everyone just said New York.

Royal

That doesn't make opting for "North Texas" over simply "Dallas" any less stupid though. It comes off as some focus grouped, marketing bullshit.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
The North Texas shit started during the Super Bowl that was there a few years ago. Blame the nfl.

Royal

Since we're talking about the trinity of football, Dallas, and blame why don't we just say it's all Romo's fault?

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Sombody please put Dick Vitale down already, there has been enough suffering

Royal

Both are truly annoying, but Vitale's schtick has been both longer running and has the full backing of the four letter shoving him front and center for practically every major regular season game they carry. Fuck him in his blind eye.