NCAA Basketball 2013-14

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Wiggins needs to sort out his fucking hair. I don't want to racially profile anybody, but dude looks like a straight crack-head.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They totally fucking ruined college basketball with the rule changes. 70 fouls per game sure is fun to watch!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They totally fucking ruined college basketball with the rule changes. 70 fouls per game sure is fun to watch!
This is ridiculous. The Cincinnati game was 2:15 long. Multiple players fouled out.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Flipping through some of the games, the refs really need to call this somewhat consistently. Some games it seemed like not much had changed, and others it was a foul if there was any contact at all, regardless of what type of contact or who initiated it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The thing with the fouls is, it's not a new rule, it's just the refs enforcing the same rules that have always been in force, they just stopped calling fouls for some reason over the last decade or two.

I don't think it will take too long for teams to adjust. If nothing else, it should lead to better flowing, high-scoring basketball once teams figure out what they can and can't do on defense.

I watched Mizzou tonight, we only got called for 14 total fouls, no single person had more than 3. Didn't seem much different than usual, but we also don't run a high pressure, pressing defense anymore like we did a few years back.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The thing with the fouls is, it's not a new rule, it's just the refs enforcing the same rules that have always been in force, they just stopped calling fouls for some reason over the last decade or two.

I don't think it will take too long for teams to adjust. If nothing else, it should lead to better flowing, high-scoring basketball once teams figure out what they can and can't do on defense.

I watched Mizzou tonight, we only got called for 14 total fouls, no single person had more than 3. Didn't seem much different than usual, but we also don't run a high pressure, pressing defense anymore like we did a few years back.
The refs aren't being consistent right now. There were 59 total fouls on the KU game, 60 on the OKST game, and 59 on the Oregon game. For the most part they weren't playing any differently than the games I saw that had fouls in the 20-30 range.

Enforcement of the rules is really no different than a change to the rules themselves with respect to the effect on the game. And if they want a faster paced higher scoring game, shorten the shot clock for fucks sake, much easier solution.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cannot say I am very happy with Louisville being No. 3 after winning the championship and having one of the best records overall. Still scratching my head over Mich. St. being No. 2 over us also.

Going to laugh when Kentucky's Elite recruit squad ends up being incredibly mediocre.
Fortunately it's all completely meaningless. Yay for anything but the bullshittery of college football rankings!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The Butler game is being called exactly like last year. The game before it (seton hall) was fucking stupid, like 80 fouls and half of them were for just looking like you might play defense.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I get the impression that Cal is pretty honest with his players too. I hate hearing stories about coaches lying to their players about draft stock.

Sterling

El Presidente
Lets go Michigan State and Duke!
I could live with that. Need Duke to be a nice and highly ranked team when Florida State crushes them at some point this season. Also, I wouldn't mind if Kentucky lost every game for the rest of the season.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
CT's only pro-sport is finally here! Let's go UConn, let's go!