NCAA Basketball 2013-14

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
New hand che k rules especially in the post are dumb. Ticky tack fouls all over the placed. I can't stand the NBA .. if they are trying to make cbb more like it then I guess I'll just have to stop watching.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Wiggins is going to be quality, but I thought Parker was mostly excellent tonight. Best player on the court imo. Great set of games, and all 4 teams could be FF bound.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Nice to see Adidas sponsoring high school signing day announcements. No, that isn't shady at all...

user4432_97.png

Pic from the announcement setup for Cliff Alexander, top 5 prospect for 2014. Any bet on if he goes to an Adidas school or not?(Supposedly has a kansas lean, just like Wiggins/Adidas)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
ku gets another giant douchebag
821994679.gif

Way to piss off your entire home state(kids from Chicago) by pretending to pick up the Illinois hat first.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ku gets another giant douchebag
821994679.gif

Way to piss off your entire home state(kids from Chicago) by pretending to pick up the Illinois hat first.
I love the guy next to him (dad?) that wipes his nose with his hands and then stealth wipes across his shirt. Classy.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Marcus Smart is annihilating the planet on ESPN right now if anyone is interested. On pace for about 65.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Looking at the results for today's top 25 games made me think it's March already.

And lol at Georgetown game getting 61 fouls. Hoyas gonna hoya.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
My wildcats with the come from behind win over Drexel! Geez they must've been over looking them!

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looking at the results for today's top 25 games made me think it's March already.

And lol at Georgetown game getting 61 fouls. Hoyas gonna hoya.
Yeah, with the new rules in place, I can't imagine Louisville ever winning another game.

Grats Syracuse on winning the MAUI INVITATIONAL YEAH !

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
And they won with Jabari Parker getting a bunch of NBA superstar bullshit calls. It was pretty impressive, they simply looked to be a better team than Duke.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
And they won with Jabari Parker getting a bunch of NBA superstar bullshit calls. It was pretty impressive, they simply looked to be a better team than Duke.
No doubt. Gordon needs to be more assertive. He's a big strong kid and should be dominating these guys. I think he'll go high in the draft next year.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
No doubt. Gordon needs to be more assertive. He's a big strong kid and should be dominating these guys. I think he'll go high in the draft next year.
Definitely. I think most mock drafts had him as a borderline lottery pick before the season started, he's playing his way firmly into the top 10. I also think Marcus Smart of Oklahoma St is playing his way to possibly the top 2 picks. He's just an absolute beast. That's not much of a stretch though, most people had him top-5 already, but I think 4th or 5th will be too low for him.

It'll be interesting to see if Wiggins draft stock can hold up. He's been mediocre to good so far, and Bill Self's system at kansas doesn't really lend itself to 1 guy scoring a ton of points or playing 35 minutes a game. His stats won't be near as gaudy as Smart or Jabari Parki when the season ends. Self and kansas have a history of not getting the most out of top 1-and-done talent. Josh Selby was the #1 recruit in the country according to Rivals, he was roughly the 3rd or 4th guy off the bench for kansas as a Freshman, got drafted in the 2nd round and is now playing in China or something. Not so good.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Played like crap last night - Memphis was playing like it was an NCAA tourney game. Good for them, they were raped last week. Smart puking his guts out mid game probably didn't help, but he was off yesterday. I really wanted KU/OSU to be undefeated when we meet up next month, but c'est la vie.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Gordon used to go to the gym I go to and I played against him a couple times so I'm especially interested to see how he does. I think if he tries to make the jump after this season he'd probably be a mostly garbage type player (boards, D, putbacks, dunks, etc.) that at best could aspire to be a Shawn Marion or something, at worst maybe a Tyrus Thomas / Aminu who doesn't have a definitive game as a tweener and has trouble catching on with any particular team. Not the worst thing, but if he really wants to get an identity to his game I think he should play at least a couple years of college ball, the more the better. It's tough for those young athletic guys (who don't already have an amazing skillset such as Durant or Carmelo had) to develop skills and a niche in the league when they make that quick jump. I don't think he'll be big enough for a while to play a lot of minutes at PF and probably doesn't have the skills yet that you want to see at SF.