NCAA Basketball 2013-14

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
#bleedblue baby!

Now tomorrow night's historic unbeaten game to see if we repeat 2004.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never expected us to win another Championship this year... just amazing... I won 3k in my pool having Kentucky win the championship. Was great not even needing them to win so I could root for UCONN! Kentucky won me the same pool two years ago also.

Were so spoiled in New England that's 12 major championships since 1999. I doubt any other area of the country will see anything like it. Hell Boston College was even in the running for BCS once during that period, although I doubt we will ever get that to make it wins in all 6.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
. Hell Boston College was even in the running for BCS once during that period, although I doubt we will ever get that to make it wins in all 6.
lol good one. So you just root for all NE teams?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Lol, I bet you could arbitrarily pick another grouping of like 6 adjoining states and come away with a LOT of championships.

I'll take the Gulf Coast. Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas. Since 1999 thats 12 college football titles(SEC + Florida St, Miami, & Texas), 2 college basketball titles(Florida), 4 NBA titles(Heat + Mavericks), 2 Super Bowls(Saints & Bucs), 1 World Series winner(Marlins), and whatever else you want to throw in from lesser sports.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol, I bet you could arbitrarily pick another grouping of like 6 adjoining states and come away with a LOT of championships.

I'll take the Gulf Coast. Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas. Since 1999 thats 12 college football titles(SEC + Florida St, Miami, & Texas), 2 college basketball titles(Florida), 4 NBA titles(Heat + Mavericks), 2 Super Bowls(Saints & Bucs), 1 World Series winner(Marlins), and whatever else you want to throw in from lesser sports.
Ya no shit the only one that should be happy here is Brekk since I know he's a big uconn fan.

A lot of uconn fans are massive New York fans so being lumped in with boston is not a good thing.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, you definitely don't get to lump NY championships in with Boston/Patriot championships, because those 2 fanbases hate each others guts.

Tea_sl

shitlord

I'll take the northern great plains. Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska. Since 1999 thats... fuck.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
There has to be some NCAA Hockey or Division III Football championships in there...

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
12min to go. Looking real damn good.

Ya no shit the only one that should be happy here is Brekk since I know he's a big UConn fan.
You're god damn right. I grew up 15min from Storrs. I don't care about NY teams, Boston teams, New England teams. I care about UConn.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
#bleedblue

To quote the Courant 10 years ago. Storrs, CT is the center of the Basketball Universe.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I consider Uconn to be spiritual brothers now. The schools that lost conference roulette.
Me too. I'm glad they won. Us and UConn are bastard children. Fuck everyone else. AAC POWER!

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol good one. So you just root for all NE teams?
I was born in Ct and became a UCONN fan by virtue of that and my father and uncle being alumni. In Rhode Island it's mostly PC/URI fans with maybe slightly less UCONN fans then those schools, UCONN is pretty close to RI, College basketball is big here. But yeah pro-sports I always loved all the Boston/NE teams. LFC is only team I root for outside NE.

Don't really care much about CFB mostly save it's something to watch and I prefer New England then North East team like Syracuse to win before other teams.

It's really pretty amazing how Uconn is able to be a CBB megapower. Stores is in the most rural middle of nowhere area of the state. Not at all close to NYC or Boston. Plus Connecticut is a really weird state to have a dominant college athletic team. A MA team, or one around NYC/NJ would make way more sense.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider

I'll take the Gulf Coast. Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas. Since 1999 that's 12 college football titles(SEC + Florida St, Miami, & Texas), 2 college basketball titles(Florida), 4 NBA titles(Heat + Mavericks), 2 Super Bowls(Saints & Bucs), 1 World Series winner(Marlins), and whatever else you want to throw in from lesser sports.
I'ts not at all comparable New England has some 15m people. Many states have way more. Comparing the Championships won in New England to say Florida alone is not 100% fair given how many more teams Florida has in major sports. Forget adding all those Southern states or groups of big states.

It's true many Uconn fans like NY team. But Uconn is located near MA/RI rather then NY. Overall I would say most Uconn fans are more likely to be Boston fans but it's not by a huge margin.

Editl Add in NCAA hockey we have Yale in 2013, Boston College in 2012, 2010, 08, 07, 01 Boston university in 09, Maine in 99. Since 99 a NE team has been Winner or runner up every year but two.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I consider Uconn to be spiritual brothers now. The schools that lost conference roulette.
Yeah I've always liked Conn and having them go through the exact same shit we did makes me like them more. Congrats to their female team as well for winning.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I had awesome seats for this, got to see UConn win in 2011 as well. Impressed by Cowboys stadium, the screen is way cooler than I thought it would or even could be. Go Huskies!
rrr_img_64417.jpg
rrr_img_64418.jpg