NCAA Basketball 2013-14

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Aside from gambling in March, why the fuck does anyone even care about College BB anymore? The sport is ruined, you never see a real dynasty team or anything in regards to continuity. Just a waste of time to even give a shit when anybody good doesn't want to be there in the first place.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's definitely a problem, Brando, but there's still some continuity. Syracuse is maybe an elite school now but they haven't had a revolving door of talent. Dion Waiters and MCW are the only people of note that left early. Everyone else either had no talent or was just being stupid(especially so for Fab Melo), so no harm done there. Fan wise, still better than the pros for me.

Oh, and can someone explain why Aaron Craft gets all the press he does? His A/T hovers just slightly above 2 and the rest of his stats are just plain. Steals being slightly above average. For a senior PG, he's barely made any progression.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
He's the best PG in the nation, by far. He's one of those almost wholly intangible players where his contribution doesn't show on the stat sheets. You gotta watch the games to see it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Best PG in the nation should have the stats to back that up. At least explain how his contribution doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
He's not an NBA pick. I wouldn't want him on an NBA roster. But for college, I'd pick him as my first player this year. He makes big plays at key moments and has been the glue/leader of his teams. He's not a scorer, but one of those players that the other team absolutely hates because of his bball IQ.

tl;didn't watch version is he's the best on-ball defender I've ever seen play the college game.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Man ISU just killed Baylor. Kansas at home next Monday is going to be a great game.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
He's not an NBA pick. I wouldn't want him on an NBA roster. But for college, I'd pick him as my first player this year. He makes big plays at key moments and has been the glue/leader of his teams. He's not a scorer, but one of those players that the other team absolutely hates because of his bball IQ.

tl;didn't watch version is he's the best on-ball defender I've ever seen play the college game.
Better than Artest?

idk, I'll admit I haven't watched him play besides the Syracuse - OSU game a couple years ago. I feel he gets the white boy hype similar to gmac. A great defender, sure, but I'd still be frustrated as a fan to see him putting up the same stats as a freshman. Syracuse's front court has done basically the same thing(no progression) and it's really annoying. I have a feeling we're going to get gosu UNC on Saturday and their bigs are going to have their way around the basket.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nobody actually thinks Craft is the best PG in the nation. The reason Craft gets a tongue bath every broadcast is because of a play he made down the stretch in the game last night. Giant scrum for the ball, bunch of rebounds, Gary Harris ends up with the ball on the floor and tries to pass out of it, Craft gets his hands on the ball, is on the ground just like Harris was, and instead of trying to pass out of it, calls timeout. Kid just has 'it' in spades. If he could mix in some basketball talent somewhere, he might actually make it.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tomorrow... Cardmaggedon! Louisville VS UK, with a Louisville win of course. Time to see who owns this state again!
cool.png

Can't forget the Louisville/Miami game. Hopefully we open up our transition to the ACC on a positive note.

rrr_img_54773.jpg
How'd that work out for you, little brother? We've beat you 5 out of the last 6 times, including a Final Four game. Calipari is a shady fuck, but all the UL fans are delusional if they think they are THE basketball program in the state.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I know Izzo's blood pressure will decrease when Craft is gone. Don't think I have ever seen a coach get so riled up over an opponent. Fun to watch the coaches, especially Izzo complain about Craft.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
1. No
2. Yes
3. Fuck no
4. Get tortured by Appling all night.
5. Uh, sure? Whatever the fuck that means.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
This season is absolutely nuts so far, seems like there is a major upset(or 2 or 3) every single night.

#3 Wisconsin falls to unranked Indiana and #13 Kentucky falls to unranked Arkansas last night

Although, having a top 10 with no sign of kansas, Duke, Kentucky, or North Carolina is kinda refreshing for a change.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
ISU dropping that Oklahoma game was pretty rough especially right before Kansas. Last year KU beating us on that bullshit banked 3 pointer by McLemore really upset me. This game we just beat ourselves. Just hit a couple of the many, many 3s we bricked and its a different game. The upsetting thing is it was at home, because I don't expect Kansas to play that sloppy later in the year in Lawrence.