NCAA Basketball 2013-14

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Whelp that was definitely a block but as usual duke always gets the calls. The technical afterwards was pretty much a given though

Phalanx

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah refs had no choice there. They played better than I expected and if Boeheim doesn't lose his shit they still have a chance. Doesn't matter at this point - tough road stretch ahead. They need to forget it.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who didn't see the refs giving Duke the game, that was blatantly obvious. Please bring back the Big East.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah refs had no choice there. They played better than I expected and if Boeheim doesn't lose his shit they still have a chance. Doesn't matter at this point - tough road stretch ahead. They need to forget it.
Yep really no excuse for a coach to act like that. It looked like the ref was even giving him a chance to go back to his box but he wouldn't. Would Boeheim ever allow any of his players to act like that?

Phalanx

Silver Knight of the Realm
That's certainly why he did what he did. But still, Duke wasn't exactly lighting it up from the free throw line. Small chance, sure, but for a team that has done pretty well in small chance situations to completely close the door for them sucks.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean it certainly wasn't OVER before the technicals, but the chance was even less than Tyler Ennis' game winning shot against Pitt, that's for sure.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Wasn't duke still in the 1 and 1 at that point? Quick foul and a missed free throw and you have 8ish seconds to get a shot, which is more than enough.

Astennu

Lord Nagafen Raider
That was Syracuse's official welcome to the ACC. Enjoy your stay. Good luck overcoming the tobacco road blue blood bias.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow, I played some video games, jerked off, went to sleep, woke up, had breakfest and sat down to do some work. And I'm still fucking PISSED about the outcome of that game. My rage usually does not last this long.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
AnchoredInsidiousHornedtoad.gif

[blood temperature intensifies]

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That is called a block 95% of the time. The other 5% is when it's a charge in favor of Duke

Astennu

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, my hate for Duke runs deep. Syracuse losing did my team a favor, but fuck losing like that. Will never forget 1997 UVa/Duke game when we were shooting free throws with about 10 seconds left in the game down by 1. Our guys makes them both, and we had a guy to come in for the shooter at the scorers table. After the first free throw ref points at the player ready to come in to acknowledge him as coming in if the shot goes in. We make the free throw, Duke gets the ball and inbounds it as UVa is standing around getting set for the substitution. Refs let it play on, Wojofuckingfagski dribbles down uncontested to the other basket (as our guy at the scorers table has his hands in the air yelling what the fuck) and gets fouled after our guys see what is happening. He makes both free throws and Duke wins. Never forget Coach K going to try and shake the hand of Norman Nolan on live TV with mikes in proximity and Norman backing away saying "fuck you coach, it's bullshit and you know it". ACC apologizes, let's Duke keep the win. Fuck Duke. Forever.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Wow, I played some video games, jerked off, went to sleep, woke up, had breakfest and sat down to do some work. And I'm still fucking PISSED about the outcome of that game. My rage usually does not last this long.
This is the post Duke loss hangover, brought on by loosing a game that was tight enough that you can almost always point to some sort of absurd call/no call by the refs in Duke's favor as a difference maker. As a Carolina fan, believe me when I say I can relate.

Just be thankful you're the fan of a program that has it shit together enough to outright beat those fucks about half of the time, so that you'll be able to savor the taste of those wins for the sweet, sweet nectar of the gods that they will become.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
eh Syracuse is always a toss up if they're going to be good or bad. We've had so many players bail to go to the NBA that it seems like we can't cobble together a good season (national championship contenders). Really would like to see the NBA institute a 4 year college policy.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
If Gary Williams at Maryland was able to pull off being a routine fly-in-the-ointment for Duke, Boeheim can certainly do the same with 'Cuse.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Like 25k signatures on the bring back Bruce petition, and now someone has done this. Our coach is named Cuonzo btw, it's honestly pretty well done.