NCAA Tournament Challenge

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Update the trophy case holy shit I won 2 months ago wtf you doing?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm officially on the North Carolina bandwagon. fuck kansas, fuck duke, fuck the big 10. Let's go Carolina!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Going to pick KU like I do every year when they are a 1 seed, and I expect to be disappointed again.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Going to pick KU like I do every year when they are a 1 seed, and I expect to be disappointed again.
I picked them to lose in the Elite 8; which means they will either lose in round 2 or win it all.

Fucking Kansas.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The only reason I think they have a decent shot is the overall weakness of the field. The two things that they are doing very well this year is defense and transition offense, both of which are consistent and travels.

My concern is their offense which is very inside-out oriented, and when shots aren't falling they get in trouble. They have a lot of really good shooters though, so hopefully they can survive a slump or two

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm in, I went with the Spartans to win it all. Feels like it's just one of those Izzo years.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
bracket looking way too chalk thi syear. KU the best team to me, but they rarely do anything with that.

UT run!

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm in, I went with the Spartans to win it all. Feels like it's just one of those Izzo years.
cool.png

giphy.gif

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
free tips

UNC can't shoot the 3, be careful of IU if they can beat UK. Reminds me of when WV team that could get hot outside and made a run

Duke is underrated and probably in the easiest bracket. OU could go to the final four or lose in rd 2, everyone is suspect in that bracket.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
This whole season has been a total crapshoot for just about everyone. Every team has looked like total dogshit multiple times this year, but I'm always leery of Kentucky, Uconn, and Michigan St come tournament time. They seem to almost always play above their seed.

I'm always curious as to people's mindset when picking their bracket. Do you generally just look at the matchup as it stands, and picks the winner, or do you also consider how likely each team is to even make it that far?

Example, in the East bracket I have #1 UNC playing #4 Kentucky in the Sweet 16. My gut tells me to pick Kentucky if that matchup occurs, but I then think that Kentucky is going to have a hard time even making it to that game, having to probably play #5 Indiana to get there.

So while I'm maybe 55% certain that Kentucky could beat UNC, I'm about 80% certain that UNC will reach that game, but only maybe 60% certain that Kentucky will make it there, so I end up picking UNC as the winner to hedge my bet against Indiana beating Kentucky the round before.

Or do the rest of you just say fuck it, and pick the games as they fall with no regard for the likelihood of those 2 teams even being in that game?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That seems like a good strategy if you had a lot of money on the line. But there are no stakes here, so fuck it.

Edit: Duke going to be this year's Iowa State and bust everyone's bracket right off the bat?

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
You see this bullshit so fucking often. The refs just won't let this team lose.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
UConn has "upset" number one, though I'd argue they were under seeded.