NCAA Tournament Challenge

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
They got into the tournament off a 70ft buzzer beater...
Oh i know that's how they got in, but their record this season is not a fair representation of the teams ability. They had multiple closes losses that could have gone either way, and 3 were with Brimah out.

I wouldn't say they deserve a much higher seed, but maybe a 6-7 range. I won't call beating an 8 as a 9 a true upset.

March Madness: Five dark horse Final Four contenders to consider | NCAA.com

it's really, really hard to pick against UConn in March

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
lol @ Baylor.

Big 12 is terrible

The Big 12 has had an overall losing record in the tournament for 3 years in a row now. No other Power 5 conference(B10, ACC, P12, SEC) has even had 1 year with a losing record in the tournament in the last 3 seasons. B10 is something ridiculous like 38-17 over the past 3 years.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Bracket group is locked i can't join
frown.png

Yale vs. Baylor is the blackest team I've ever seen vs. the whitest one

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Mother
Fuck
Baylor

They are perennial underachievers. Maybe they should get Kim M-R to coach the men's team?

lol @ Baylor.

Big 12 is terrible

The Big 12 has had an overall losing record in the tournament for 3 years in a row now. No other Power 5 conference(B10, ACC, P12, SEC) has even had 1 year with a losing record in the tournament in the last 3 seasons. B10 is something ridiculous like 38-17 over the past 3 years.
Stop being jealous that Mizzou never accomplished shit in the Big XII. I'm sure you get a big kick out of always having to root for other conference members to beat real teams for you.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm the only one who picked Xavier. Definitely an underdog pick but at least I know I win if they do. I think everyone else had someone else sharing their winner.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
lol @ Baylor.

Big 12 is terrible

Been saying that for awhile. Big 12 gets propped up only because of Kansas who is probably one of the most overrated and overhyped of the "big name" basketball schools. They really don't belong in the same category of UNC, Duke, Kentucky, but yet people try to put them in that category due to their conference titles of a very lackluster conference.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
They struggle in the tournament but let's not ignore facts because none of the schools have East Coast history

-Big 12 teams have combined for 65 wins against squads ranked in the top
50 of the RPI and despite having only 10 teams, the total is the most of any
conference. The Big 12 is the only league where every squad has at least
one win against teams in the top 50 of the RPI.

-The Big 12 is No. 1 in the RPI with three teams in the top 10 and seven in the
top 36 (most of any conference) and is the only league with every squad in
the top 174. Inclusive of 2016, the Big 12 has been the No. 1 conference in
four of the last seven years, including three in a row.

-Of the 18 teams with six or more wins versus the top 50 of the RPI this
season, six are from the Big 12 (33.3 percent). Four of the 10 squads with
eight victories in this category are from the Big 12.
Eight Big 12 teams are in the top 24 nationally for strength of schedule,
including three squads in the top five.

-The current RPI (.5884) for the Big 12 would rank as the best in its history
since the league began play in 1997 and the second-highest for any
conference since 2000.

-Six teams are ranked in the latest top 25 polls. Despite the Big 12 having
the fewest teams, that's the most of any conference. Nine of 10 squads in
the Big 12 have been ranked or received votes this season.
Big 12 teams have a 28-15 (.651) record versus the ACC, Big East, Big Ten,
Pac-12 and SEC. It is the best combined winning percentage in the nation
for those conferences against each other and the top mark in Big 12 history.

-The Big 12 boasts the nation's best non-conference winning percentage
(.820) and has just 23 non-league losses, the fewest of any conference.
The current Big 12 non-conference win percentage is the highest by any
league since 2003-04 and is also the 14th-best in NCAA history.

-The Big 12 has had at least five teams in the top 25 for 37 consecutive
weeks. Nine of the 10 teams in the Big 12 have been ranked in the top 25 at
some point since January 1, 2014, including eight last season alone.

-The Big 12 as a whole has won 27 of its last 31 and 40 of its last 47 nonconference
contests overall.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
WTB Power 5 slot for UConn. If it wasn't for god damn football the P5 would be chompin at the bit to pick up UConn.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
WTB Power 5 slot for UConn. If it wasn't for god damn football the P5 would be chompin at the bit to pick up UConn.
I think Rutgers is looking, reaching, begging, praying for a tag out of the B10(not really, obviously).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Hey, if Missouri can go to the SEC then region doesn't mean shit. Maybe Uconn can get in the Pac12

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Been saying that for awhile. Big 12 gets propped up only because of Kansas who is probably one of the most overrated and overhyped of the "big name" basketball schools. They really don't belong in the same category of UNC, Duke, Kentucky, but yet people try to put them in that category due to their conference titles of a very lackluster conference.
You say they are overrated, and yet KU beat UK this year. And Texas beat UNC

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Hey, if Missouri can go to the SEC then region doesn't mean shit. Maybe Uconn can get in the Pac12
I'm hoping they'll get an offer to the Big12. New York market and totally legitimate Basketball teams both Men, and obviously Women. MSG attendance has shown UConn to be NYC's team.

Also, The BEST answer ever to a question. (Reppin for the other CT team)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Stop being jealous that Mizzou never accomplished shit in the Big XII. I'm sure you get a big kick out of always having to root for other conference members to beat real teams for you.
Hey, we're hot dogshit right now but we won the last B12 tournament we participated in, as well as 2 of the last 4
x2_b68e3ec.jpg

In fact, Mizzou is probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Big 12 over the past decade, and we were only in the league for 6 of those 10 years. kansas has won the regular season all 10 of those years(shared with Texas once and Kstate once) as well as the tournament 6 of 10 years. Mizzou won the tourney twice, and Iowa St won the tourney twice.

So you have kansas more than dominating, and then Mizzou/Iowa St fighting it out for 2nd best.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'm hoping they'll get an offer to the Big12. New York market and totally legitimate Basketball teams both Men, and obviously Women. MSG attendance has shown UConn to be NYC's team.

Also, The BEST answer ever to a question. (Reppin for the other CT team)

I heard that yesterday. God damnit I like him, fucking reporters and their stupid questions.

I hope Uconn gets in the Big12, would be great. Probably won't because of football, but personally I don't give a shit about football so I wouldn't mind

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Michigan St about to ruin a LOT of brackets

I had them in the Final 4. Goddamnit.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
1st: Prince is a badass.
2nd: Fire Scott Drew
3rd: Someone check on Caal. He might not be doing real well.