NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Nothing major. They're designed to be defensive so they might not be the most exciting class if you are looking for fireworks. You might want to revisit them when hardcore mode comes out though.
Except that my DE SK deals more damage and is more durable thanks to lifetaps. Ranger DPS is so high it has little survival issues, especially with a little lifetap. The Paladin just feels kinda "bleh", the "extras" to the non-spell attacks just seem too tricky and not generally effective.

Meh, Paladins are generally my favorite class and in this it's been the least fun or effective I've played.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Killed Nagafen on my SK but it didn't give me credit for completing the quest. And when I went back(without logging out) instead of it just starting me on him like it does on Vox it spawned the quest starter trash again.

edit: Oh, apparently CTRL-R makes you camp out instantly. Was trying to run away and hit CTRL instead of Shift. Bye bye quest.

That sucked. Tested a few times, definitely ctrl-r.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Killed Nagafen on my SK but it didn't give me credit for completing the quest. And when I went back(without logging out) instead of it just starting me on him like it does on Vox it spawned the quest starter trash again.
Are you sure? Check the quest progress indicated in Hero's Duty quest in your journal.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are you sure? Check the quest progress indicated in Hero's Duty quest in your journal.
It shows him slain there now, not sure if it did before. It even showed him slain for his own quest when he died, but it never cleared it from the log.

Both Vox and Naggy quests are back in my log, not sure if that's normal after killing them or not.

edit: I think I'm just being dumb and didn't realize they stay in. Just killed Phinny and same, so I has the dumb.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK something legit weird. On my ranger when I have a pair of gloves with 3 fire damage and 3% to fire damage, and shoulders with +6 poison damage.

When I equip a mace with no elemental damage I finish fights with added poison damage done.

When I equip a Jade Tan Do with it's own poison damage(+7 and 2%) I do added fire damage, and the only poison damage comes from the Tan Do proc.

When I equip a 2H with +26 cold damage I do a lot more poison damage than either other scenario.

I am confuzzled.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was doing Nagafen's Lair 1 on Nightmare just fishing for random drops, on the last fight(after multiple deaths). Killed the Noble, then had to run away. Started back up to kill king and inky Noble would spawn. Alone.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Was doing Nagafen's Lair 1 on Nightmare just fishing for random drops, on the last fight(after multiple deaths). Killed the Noble, then had to run away. Started back up to kill king and inky Noble would spawn. Alone.
zoning out and back in usually fixes bugs like this

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Addressing this tonight. The quest logic needs a minor rework.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol, just hotfixed this.
Good shit=) What aboutthis post?

I played with it a little more. With 18 poison, 13 magic, 6 lightning, and 4 cold damage equipped I do just added Lightning, and way more than it should. Like 50% more than the poison damage if I take everything but the 18 poison off.

I can't at all figure out how this stuff is calculated.

Also, any chance of a faster way to sell? Or am I missing a hotkey? Just the ability to click an item and hit a keyboard key to vendor it would be great.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
OK something legit weird. On my ranger when I have a pair of gloves with 3 fire damage and 3% to fire damage, and shoulders with +6 poison damage.

When I equip a mace with no elemental damage I finish fights with added poison damage done.

When I equip a Jade Tan Do with it's own poison damage(+7 and 2%) I do added fire damage, and the only poison damage comes from the Tan Do proc.

When I equip a 2H with +26 cold damage I do a lot more poison damage than either other scenario.

I am confuzzled.
Found a definite problem with the way it was calculating elemental damage. Fixed soon, I hope. Basically it was not numerically sorting elemental damage properly so it was getting all kinds of borked. For example, it would sort 8,10,0,0,0 as 0 0 0 10 8, with 8 being the highest.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord

edit: Oh, apparently CTRL-R makes you camp out instantly. Was trying to run away and hit CTRL instead of Shift. Bye bye quest.

That sucked. Tested a few times, definitely ctrl-r.
CTRL+R reloads the webpage in most browsers. This is not NeverGrind specific. I could disable this, I suppose. Edit: disabled next patch

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CTRL+R reloads the webpage in most browsers. This is not NeverGrind specific. I could disable this, I suppose. Edit: disabled next patch
I did not know that after 20whatever years of internetting. TIL. Always used CTRL-F5 as a keyboard shortcut for the full refresh.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Monsters in the far right slot are all showing up as phased. Just the picture, they aren't actually phased.

edit: I'm up to 67 on my SK, highest on the leaderboard, and I still have almost no idea WTF I'm doing in regards to gear=P