NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Say what? Warrior should be able to equip almost anything. I've never seen this. It's a regular dagger like any other.
Try it, won't work. Neither does it work on Sham, whom can also use piercing. Thought it was weird too, dunno.

Also, why can't I get certain mobs to spawn at the end of a quest chain? Like right now, King Thex in Permafrost 3 won't spawn, killed everything else? Sometimes it seems like maybe the mobs are too high level, but then that's silly because I summon Vox just fine at 42.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Try it, won't work. Neither does it work on Sham, whom can also use piercing. Thought it was weird too, dunno.

Also, why can't I get certain mobs to spawn at the end of a quest chain? Like right now, King Thex in Permafrost 3 won't spawn, killed everything else? Sometimes it seems like maybe the mobs are too high level, but then that's silly because I summon Vox just fine at 42.
Um, possibly a bug. I'll check. Sometimes you have to be out of combat to find them.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Um, possibly a bug. I'll check. Sometimes you have to be out of combat to find them.
Yeah I know that bit, but nah in this instance I am even only getting "A goblin sage" and NOTHING else, literally x200. Odd. Restarting the quest worked though.

Any plans to make Track actually do anything?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Rangers are *ridiculously* overpowered, but a shit ton of fun. Being able to kill unlimited amounts of 5 packs of mobs that are 3-5 levels higher than you is good times.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Damn it's really boring to step into Nightmare and get the same low level uniques and shit over and over. Would be cool to see a noticeable difference in item quality right away upon difficulty jumps. Got a ranger from 1-50 in like 6ish hours though.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Damn it's really boring to step into Nightmare and get the same low level uniques and shit over and over. Would be cool to see a noticeable difference in item quality right away upon difficulty jumps. Got a ranger from 1-50 in like 8 hours though. The levels for the zones in Nightmare should be adjusted as well. You just spent all that time in the endzones in Normal and then you hop into Nightmare around 45-50 and you have like 2 zones or so max before you have to do the same Permafrost/SolB/Kedge stuff over again, would be cool to do lower zones you missed the first time, instead of giving them random useless level ranges such as like 38-44 for Najena and 26-37 for Upper Guk etc.

Edit: Realized how good exp greens and light blues are haha, but still.

Also, Rubicite Chestplate should be Reduced Weight as it was useable by Chain Classes in classic
smile.png
Also, why no Highpass
frown.png
? You have a quest for Highpass Hold (i.e. the zone between Kithicor Forest and Highpass Keep) but nothing for the insides. One of my favorite classic zones. Same with Beholder's Maze (Gorge of King Xorb) it only has the entrance, but not the really cool stuff deep in like the Enchanter Evil Eyes that used to drop Polished Bone Bracelets.

Also, tried registering on the forums but didn't receive a confirmation E-Mail to confirm. My Ranger is now level 70 and hasn't had a single upgrade since level 30ish. All my equipment is Required Level <29 except for my Ribcracker :/ Are there any Unique bows in the game above level 25? Leveling starts to get really boring when you no longer get an increase to your skill caps each level. My heals and nukes and what not have done the same damage for like 15 levels now, so the scaling isn't great. Maybe allow a skill cap raise every few levels or something.

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord
damnit! Got my hopes a little too high before I tried this, didn't know it was going to be a slideshow browser game. Giving it some time anyway I guess.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also, tried registering on the forums but didn't receive a confirmation E-Mail to confirm. My Ranger is now level 70 and hasn't had a single upgrade since level 30ish. All my equipment is Required Level <29 except for my Ribcracker :/ Are there any Unique bows in the game above level 25? Leveling starts to get really boring when you no longer get an increase to your skill caps each level. My heals and nukes and what not have done the same damage for like 15 levels now, so the scaling isn't great. Maybe allow a skill cap raise every few levels or something.
Yeah there are some higher level unique bows:

rrr_img_64762.jpg

Origin

Molten Core Raider
A couple comments/questions:

1.) Is there a way to permanently turn off auto-attack? I mean, that shit just breaks my wizard's root and i do less than 0.01% melee damage. I don't want to have to do it every fight.
2.) Can you please, please take Iron Maiden out or modify it? That shit is just retarded.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
A couple comments/questions:

1.) Is there a way to permanently turn off auto-attack? I mean, that shit just breaks my wizard's root and i do less than 0.01% melee damage. I don't want to have to do it every fight.
2.) Can you please, please take Iron Maiden out or modify it? That shit is just retarded.
1. Options.
2. Actually, I think I agree. Reflect is kind of a shit tactic. I have to think of something to replace it though.

Rime

<Donor>
Reduce Iron Maiden to a smaller percentage or have it be a number of attacks? Like 1 Attack for 1-20 reflected, 2 for 30-40, 3 for 40-50, etc?

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I'll probably just mitigate it to reflect a fixed amount based on the mob's intelligence. So 4k ice comet crits will no longer kill you.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Paladin, being my favorite EQ class, I find I don't care for much in this. The early abilities, Rebuke and Vengeance aren't terribly fun, they're very fiddly and rather weak compared to other classes. Any potential updates or reviews coming for this class?

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Nothing major. They're designed to be defensive so they might not be the most exciting class if you are looking for fireworks. You might want to revisit them when hardcore mode comes out though.

Great Ogre Dictator

Golden Knight of the Realm
Been a while since I focused on the SK (hit a brick wall with nagafen). However, with those crippling strikes I am having a blast seeing some high hits (got a 1500 slam!). I also really appreciate the reduction of DD's cast time. Gonna try for nag again after I find a bit more fire resist gear; hopefully he doesn't eat me for the 6th time tonight.
biggrin.png

Edit: Also, did you add new items? I am seeing a lot more variety than normal. Usually I would get 3 - 4 biggin's bonnets and then maybe a couple basilisk bracers before getting to something new. Tonight, I've gottena lotof heretofore unseen items. BTW, I am really digging my new hammer with the thunderstruck proc; been listening to my AC/DC collection since it dropped.
smile.png

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
While I have mainly only played a paladin, they don't really seem too defensive. At least once you get to the higher levels and everything stops scaling because you are leveling past the skill caps. A couple of things that might help paladins would be reducing the cool down of their healing spell as alteration gets higher and having rebuke ignore the global cool down. Also maybe have flash of light affect all targets on screen instead of only one. Or if you want to keep it single target and have it be used more often, greatly reduce the recast time of it to 5 secs or so and then give it another debuff that cannot be overwritten so you can only cast it on the same mob once every minute.

Great Ogre Dictator

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hot damn, I downed naggy. He had me down to 5%, he was at 5%, and he feared me. I was about to rage out when I broke fear early, popped shield slam, and cripped him for a win. I also got my first exceptional uniques:

1_eu_zps6181f36d.jpg

2_eu_zpsd925aa63.jpg

Edit: Well, plane of fear was a push over, but damn was it long. Still, just inny left and I can try out nightmare mode.