NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maelfyn this game rocks. Thanks dude!

Have a 36Sk and 32 Ranger on diff accounts right now ( the browser save is annoying). SK seems a bit dull and underpowered compared to RNG. RNG has awful gear but with that AC/agil buff and high dmg abilities he rapes everything with almost no risk compared to SK. IMO the Lifetap CD is maybe 5-10sec to long. Maybe make the Multi slash ability and Tap stronger to compensate for the lack of synergy between two of the strongest abilities.

Anyone recommend a fun caster class? Want to try more but don't want to put 10+ hours into a class to find it a bit boring/weak compared to rng.

Plaid_sl

shitlord
It's not disappearing. I'll try to be more descript.

Hovering over the game always shows the mouse pointer. If I right click, I get the normal menu as I would see on a standard webpage....save image, copy image url, etc. etc.

If I hover over an ability or an item, the pointer changes to the hand with the pointing finger. If i leave it hovering, nothing happens (we'd normally see the ability description or item info at this point). If I click on an ability or an item, nothing happens. The pointer is still displayed as the hand pointer. I can't interact with MB1 at all. This means my inventory is frozen, I can't change any options. Everything seems to be working fine until I'm actually playing the game. The character select screen is working as intended.

Edit: The only interaction I can find that works is on the button bar on the right. I can open/close with mouse but not interact on any of the windows that open.

Great Ogre Dictator

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's not disappearing. I'll try to be more descript.

Hovering over the game always shows the mouse pointer. If I right click, I get the normal menu as I would see on a standard webpage....save image, copy image url, etc. etc.

If I hover over an ability or an item, the pointer changes to the hand with the pointing finger. If i leave it hovering, nothing happens (we'd normally see the ability description or item info at this point). If I click on an ability or an item, nothing happens. The pointer is still displayed as the hand pointer. I can't interact with MB1 at all. This means my inventory is frozen, I can't change any options. Everything seems to be working fine until I'm actually playing the game. The character select screen is working as intended.

Edit: The only interaction I can find that works is on the button bar on the right. I can open/close with mouse but not interact on any of the windows that open.
My brother was having the same problems, only on firefox. We managed to fix it by clearing the cache and for him to stop duplicating the same name for every character.

Plaid_sl

shitlord
At one point I had multiple characters with the same name but those were all wiped when I deleted my cache a couple days ago.

Plaid_sl

shitlord
Going to try moving some cache files around to locate one that could possibly be in conflict with the one I want to use. Not sure the possibility of this being the problem or if it could be fixed like this, but gonna give it a shot.

EDIT: Didn't touch a thing and now it is suddenly working. No issues with mouse at all. Did you make any changes Maelfyn?

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I make changes all the time, but I did nothing to address this problem, sir. Glad to hear it's working because I had no idea.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Maelfyn this game rocks. Thanks dude!

Have a 36Sk and 32 Ranger on diff accounts right now ( the browser save is annoying). SK seems a bit dull and underpowered compared to RNG. RNG has awful gear but with that AC/agil buff and high dmg abilities he rapes everything with almost no risk compared to SK. IMO the Lifetap CD is maybe 5-10sec to long. Maybe make the Multi slash ability and Tap stronger to compensate for the lack of synergy between two of the strongest abilities.

Anyone recommend a fun caster class? Want to try more but don't want to put 10+ hours into a class to find it a bit boring/weak compared to rng.
Both Mage and Necro are shit tons of fun.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What's the best mage pet?
Fire sucks. I think I'm the 2nd highest Mage playing and it's nah good. Earth's root doesn't work as it should and Air stun is great for leveling and Water is great for bosses. I generally use Water now because I have enough spells going off that I get a great damage bonus from the freeze.

Anyone able to get Royal Guards to spawn in Crushbone 3? Finished the scoutsman and emisarry's and zoned out and in, but they just won't spawn. God twinking is fun. I have about 4 mules full of uniques + my entire bank thanks to farming Vox on my Mage from 42-45 haha.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Fire sucks. I think I'm the 2nd highest Mage playing and it's nah good. Earth's root doesn't work as it should and Air stun is great for leveling and Water is great for bosses. I generally use Water now because I have enough spells going off that I get a great damage bonus from the freeze.
Did you turn auto attack off? Auto attack weakens root.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Did you turn auto attack off? Auto attack weakens root.
First thing I did aye.

Wow get a Jade Tan Do for Ranger twinks. Can use at level 1 and the +Poison damage does about 40% of your DPS haha, good times. Can almost finally use my FBSS on a char. Hey Maelfyn, any idea why Jade Tan Do doesn't work on classes like Warrior? Warriors can use piercing, are there certain hidden class requirements? It only seems to work on Rogue and Ranger.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
First thing I did aye.

Wow get a Jade Tan Do for Ranger twinks. Can use at level 1 and the +Poison damage does about 40% of your DPS haha, good times. Can almost finally use my FBSS on a char. Hey Maelfyn, any idea why Jade Tan Do doesn't work on classes like Warrior? Warriors can use piercing, are there certain hidden class requirements? It only seems to work on Rogue and Ranger.
Say what? Warrior should be able to equip almost anything. I've never seen this. It's a regular dagger like any other.