NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Well, it works on mobile browsers, but I wouldn't call it great performance. It would need to be optimized further and more usable for mobile devices. For example, so much interaction in this game depends on hover events and mobile dunno dunno hover. Have you guys tried it on a mobile browser?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Probably shouldn't be playing at work, considering I've been yelled at before for playing games by my manager, but whatevs. I can't help it. Games fun!

Don't have a server account, but just started up a new rogue. Have all day too play!

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any chance on giving backers early server account access? Am hesitant on really putting in any time before this goes live.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Mmm, I've played it on my Kindle Fire and my iPad Mini. Must be some kind of bug... yay mobile testing.
Update on mobile use: Can click things with touch screen and get to character creation, can't type anything into the name field to make a character. That's about as far as I got.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Any chance on giving backers early server account access? Am hesitant on really putting in any time before this goes live.
KS $20+ backers get account access on Friday, April 17th, so you can powerlevel all weekend with your sweet KS-only items while the peasants are forced to wait outside the gates until Monday to create their first character. The local accounts will not be wiped on launch day despite my fervent desire to banish local accounts. I would rather wait until the players "buy in" to the account system and feel confident using the site.

I have every intention to phase out local accounts because it's one more thing I have to support in my code base that can create more bugs and extra lines of code. It also creates a confusion for the player base, search engines, analytics, etc.

Crone

On April 17th, is there going to be a method to merge local accounts into server accounts? Such as I have guys at work, then I have guys at home, can I combine those all into 1 server account?

Edit: Or I guess it doesn't matter if there is going to be a wipe. That's pretty normal in the genre, to wipe after beta, or at least wipe after a certain point.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
There's no way local accounts will be converted to server accounts. They are significantly different in a lot of ways though the gameplay will feel the same. None of your data currently lives in a database which means I would be completely taking your browser's word for it that you are what you say you are. At least with server accounts the data will be more secure since the data will live on the server and have some kind of sanity checks.

Also note, I plan for Nevergrind to have a season-based leaderboard similar to how Diablo 2 operated. Once in a while after the season lasted long enough, a new season would begin and your old characters would no longer be on the leaderboard, and a new season would begin. And you will only be able to access banked items from the character's current season. This means you couldn't pass items forward to the next season (or mail them if that happens).

This way new players could come along and have a reason to jump in to race up the leaderboard, catch up in itemization, and whatever future conquests materialize.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I made subtle mention of this in my Kickstarter video. It's the perfect game to play while bored at work. lol
Your website is listed as "uncategorized" and therefore blocked by work filters. I am sure if you changed it to "games" it would also be blocked. Haha!

Get creative!

Crone

So if I ask nicely I can get a test server account now, because you are so cool and awesome and stuff, and those won't get wiped later? lol

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
You can certainly have a test account, but I will definitely wipe it on April 17th. Everyone server account starts from scratch that day. It wouldn't make sense to launch season 1 with a guy at level 98 on the leaderboard. PM me your email address.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This might be intentional but if you root a caster it fucks up your shit, very bad to root pets because they just cast every round instead of auto attacking with a few spells in between. Most of my deaths have been from rooted pets heh.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it is intentional. I think skeleton pets' fireballs are almost overpowered for this reason. In fact I am probably going to remove that skill from them right now. They didn't have it in classic EQ anyway. Only the enemy mobs did that.

Vitality

HUSTLE
That level 1 chain tho

rrr_img_93605.jpg