NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Great Ogre Dictator

Golden Knight of the Realm
Btw, ever try going below 20% health and using gasping frenzy with the biggest 2H sword you can find?
Not intentionally.
smile.png
I've been pretty careful about running when I get in over my head, but a juggernaut and summoner ganged up on me in Lguk; my only death so far. I tried out the frenzy and put a dent into the jugg, but it clearly wasn't enough to buy me enough time for another fear/life tap/feign death.

Still, it sounded like I was wailing forever before death claimed me.
biggrin.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game started hanging up on me tonight when trying to travel to different zones. Just sits at the loading screen forever. Or seems like forever, sometimes it starts working after like 5-10 minutes.

But then it's buggy, no monsters or health bars visible. All damage shows up in the top left corner floating over nothing.

Grundge_sl

shitlord
yea there is a bug with the latest update. All mobs are invisible with the damage just showing up in the left corner.

Plaid_sl

shitlord
Any way to recover an accidentally deleted chrome cache file fromNeverGrindBeen looking online for some info but not coming up with a way to recover them.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Game started hanging up on me tonight when trying to travel to different zones. Just sits at the loading screen forever. Or seems like forever, sometimes it starts working after like 5-10 minutes.

But then it's buggy, no monsters or health bars visible. All damage shows up in the top left corner floating over nothing.
Game was bugged last night.

Great Ogre Dictator

Just for fun, I decided to parse some of my kill times. All tests were done with a L48 bok ghoul (L3 lower guk), all of whom had a fire weakness tag. I was a L54 sk all throughout the tests, with no variance in gear or abilities used; I only used the melee skills (so cleave, frenzy, death strike, and slam), plus the dot being tested. Only the tests where I was not stunned were counted, and I was fully buffed for each one.

With only melee; no dots
45 secs
44 secs
42 secs
42 secs
43 secs

With BB; a 77 - 79 fire dot
45 secs
43 secs
42 secs
41 secs
40 secs

With DD; a 59 - 61 magic dot
41 secs
41 secs
41 secs
43 secs
42 secs

With BB & DD
40 secs
40 secs
40 secs
40 secs
40 secs

Well, I was wrong: using both dots could save me 5 seconds of kill time. Oddly, the fire dot didn't really help me, even though it was the more damaging dot (and against a fire weak mob no less). Yup, I think Quineloe was right: something's fucky with the resists.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Sure, you can.
How? When you enter combat, your spells automatically change and there's no option to summon pets again??

Keep running into a bug where my spells just randomly stop doing all damage. I mean they do 0. I'm a Mage and suddenly I can lava bolt 20 times and do nothing, my pet still does damage, but my spells do none. It happened in the same zone (this last one was in Unrest) without anything changing, no level up, no item changes, etc. Only way to fix it is to relog, but when you're 75% thru a quest and relogging cancels your progress, that's not exactly a great option. Anyone else had this?

Also wow does conjuration have a huge bonus. Popped on a +4 Conjuration from a Shimmering Orb and my pet level jumped by 3. Problem is, those conjuration items seem to trigger the above bug and make your nukes do 0 damage, so you have to constantly swap them out. The bonus is fun tho, casters need it.

This is really good stuff though Maelfyn, thank you for working so hard on it, lots of good fun. Since you're here, another bug I discovered (or not implemented?) is upgrading certain weapons, particularly those that give you a choice between magical/physical. Did a bunch of tests with Stoutmail for example, got 1 of them to 5/10 Magical, and not a single stat upgrade anywhere and another to 4/10 Physical and nada. Also lost a Runed Cowl on a 1st upgrade which was odd and sad
frown.png
. Also wondering if perhaps Unique drops should be tinkered with, as my first 10 quests awarded the same 2 uniques 5 times each. Another thing I find a little silly is that as a Mage, when your alteration gets high enough, Renew Elements actually starts to suck because it's less versatile in the sense that it does way too much damage to your pet and is harder to juggle with Burnout. Otherwise I am loving the abilities and rotations, there is more skill and fun in these than most freaking MMO's.

I also think you should consider tinkering with the undercon mobs in normal (blue highlighted nameplates). It's one thing to randomly get a named, which is exciting and fun, but when you're trying to challenge yourself and do a nice chain and pull 3-5 mobs at once in a lower zone and you get a blue undercon as your 3rd mob or something and it fucks everything up, it's not that fun, just annoying. A named is a nice surprise because they drop loot, but for normal mode, the undercons just reduce my ability to have fun doing chains and AoE.

Also the gold penalty for dying seems a little insane considering you can't bank your gold and your death takes a set % of your gold. It makes you just want to blow your gold instead of having the fun and excitement of saving up to browse/instance hop merchants to find some cool stuff. 15% of your gold is too much for normal imo.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I think the 0 damage thing must be caused by a corrupted item from an upgrade attempt. I am having a pesky bug that refuses to go away. "Fixing tonight". I will smite all of these damn bugs if it's the last thing I do. Thanks for the good feedback. You make a lot of valid points.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
At level 31 with max natural Conjuration but no bonuses to Conjuration via items your pet is level 26, but with +12 Conjuration it jumps up to a level 32 pet. Massive difference. So now I'm just going to spend 30 minutes hopping merchants trying to find Conjuration items to swap in for whenever I summon my pet. It's a fun bonus though.

I think the 0 damage thing must be caused by a corrupted item from an upgrade attempt. I am having a pesky bug that refuses to go away. "Fixing tonight". I will smite all of these damn bugs if it's the last thing I do. Thanks for the good feedback. You make a lot of valid points.
The item that in particular is doing the 0 damage bug for me is a 2/10 Shimmering Orb, but other Conjuration items seem to have done it for me as well and it's weird cos it can happen randomly.

@Bracelet of Woven Grass being Chain is cruel ><. Was a classic Int caster Bracer from Guk. It even has Int on it in NeverGrind, but is chain. Maybe mistake? The irony is I have a unique cloth bracelet with +10 wis (Gilded Jade Bracelet).

Oh and btw the ability to queue a 2nd spell would be. nothing short of. orgasmic. Even a third wouldn't be absurd given the nature of this game. Also, can you tell me how "+all skills" items work?

I've found all of the dungeons and their respective quests to be really enjoyable except for Lower Guk. Something is fucked with Lower Guk. Even with an Earth Pet, I get adds and adds and adds before I can ever finish any mob. it's like the only way to end a fight is to die or eventually run. it's worse than actual Lower Guk haha. Not sure what the deal is with that. No matter how much you kill, more come, it's like it's programmed to not let you end a fight? Died 5 times before I gave up, was a bit ridiculous. I am 2 levels above the mobs and yet I can't finish the first mob before 2-3 more come. every time?

Are Bladed Thulian Claws bugged? Won't go in any weapon slots. Sad, soooo good.

Great Ogre Dictator

I've found all of the dungeons and their respective quests to be really enjoyable except for Lower Guk. Something is fucked with Lower Guk. Even with an Earth Pet, I get adds and adds and adds before I can ever finish any mob. it's like the only way to end a fight is to die or eventually run. it's worse than actual Lower Guk haha. Not sure what the deal is with that. No matter how much you kill, more come, it's like it's programmed to not let you end a fight? Died 5 times before I gave up, was a bit ridiculous. I am 2 levels above the mobs and yet I can't finish the first mob before 2-3 more come. every time?
Do you have something giving you negative light radius, like a ringwraith's amice? Even at 0 light radius, I get ambushed heavily; if it dipped into the negatives, I can imagine getting a constant stream of adds like what you're describing.

Haha, damn I am glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Another oddity was quillmane having the sprite of a unicorn from lfay.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Good point about the bracelet of woven glass. I made an adjustment to it. Will affect future drops
redface.png
Haha wow. literally just as I read this, I tabbed back, killed an Imp Familiar that spawned, got excited when I saw another Woven Grass, and yet it was still chain for me :*( Must be because I haven't logged out and back in.

Got my pet up to 5 levels higher than me atm, woot woot.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Also, can you tell me how "+all skills" items work?
Exactly what it says. Open your character sheet and look under SKILLS.
This is not normal at all. Either a bug or God hates you today.
Are Bladed Thulian Claws bugged? Won't go in any weapon slots. Sad, soooo good.
If your class can't use 1-hand slash, you're doomed. On the bright side, you can bank and share it with alts.