NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

hats

Molten Core Raider
you know. you can blame me for that death. i talked Maelfyn into removing the auto-pause feature when you shift focus away from the NG window.
noted. blamed. cursed. careful wen u driving

jk tho, thats not funny and i didnt curse u, but rly tho

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I think any mob level... 95 or higher can drop it. IIRC, that's the mob level that can drop absolutely anything. Weapon procs should be finished this week.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for the continued Legendary work.

I kinda mentioned it on the NG forum yesterday, but have you considered another implementaion of armor sets? RNG seems to be pointless, as I think it is absolutely impossible to get all the pieces of 1 class before you actually defeat Hell level game. If you already beat the game on Hell, what the fuck is the point of the armor sets in the first place? I just think you should have reasonable chance to collect most, if not all of them before you complete the game.

I have been banking all the (high level) set pieces I run across for all classes and I do not even think I have more than 2 or 3 of any class, let alone a full set of 6 or whatever pieces.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
just noticed that after i made the account you gave a code for here, oh well are crystals attainable as FTP at all for bankspace?

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
I stopped playing a while back to wait for the character servers. I miss the EQ stuff, Maelfyn. But this game is way more bad ass than before. I missed the code as well.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Just PM me your account names and I'll add the crystals for the promo code. It's no big deal.

Hey, I miss the EQ stuff, too, believe me! It was like ripping off a band-aid at the time, but it was for the best in the long run. There's literally no chance Smedley and friends would allow such non-sense, though. Therecent p1999 announcementwas amazing enough. He's not going to make exceptions for a browser game that's about 1/100th the size of p1999.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Dropped the combo - bards op

Also jesus christ the wood elf racial is OP

rrr_img_97860.jpg

Vitality

HUSTLE
Need a battle time on that report
tongue.png
Did it at work during lunch. 45 mins maybe? Went from 1 - 30. Looks like Mael added in a min xp for mobs under a certain level that you fight which triggers the combo xp bonus.

I think I have 50% increased xp on gear.

Actual Stats: 54 mins played - 62% XP Gain - 1324 Total Kills

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I landed a one shot kill on my wizard yesterday for 14k dps. I should have taken a SS.

Highest chain I have had the patience for is on my 97 Ranger. 350+ mobs in Hell end zone (with Nalatos boss). That put me in the top 10 on the leaderboard. I am sure I can go to some lowbie zones and chain thousands of mobs, but what is the point? I think your bonus caps after so many mobs anyway. You are better off killing higher level mobs (which also yields higher Combo Ratings too).

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah I do it so I don't die later in the game (hardcore) I move areas when the leveling speed dips below 5 levels an hour

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am just put off with the whole Hardcore mode. The only way to level is exactly how you describe by playing as ultra safe as possible. It is very little to do with skill as it is pure RNG. Fight a boss that spawns adds: he summons "normal" trash = fair win / He summons frenzying super buffed champions = certain death. Leveling in the game and get caught out at the wrong time with a double ambush or just get ambushed by champions? High chance at death.

Zero to do with skill, everything to do with RNG.

This is even further complicated by class balance. Wizard is pretty much indestructible 1v1, but get ANY adds without Gnome racial up and you are dead. Absolute definition of glass cannon. Champion or named ambush? Better mash Run and pray or get ready to eat dirt quick.

HC is pointless.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Does hardcore change drastically as you progress? I'm level 30 on HC atm and just killed the first boss. Seems easy so far!

Vitality

HUSTLE
Does hardcore change drastically as you progress? I'm level 30 on HC atm and just killed the first boss. Seems easy so far!
Yeah it's gotten a little more sketchy for me. More champion packs and some wicked fears/stun locks. I wised up an got stun duration reduction boosted pretty high now.

I'm level 60 ish and haven't cleared the first difficulty yet. I'm too much of a puss.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
as you get higher level, you start seeing more ambushes, often times champion mob ambushes. once you make it to nightmare, you start seeing double ambushes. hell has triple ambushes, i believe.... though now that i think about it, maybe triple ambushes were removed? i haven't played hell since beta.