NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hey Mael, thanks a lot for the game, I have been really enjoying playing it. I just have one question for you, I seem to recall someone asking about mobile platform support for the game. Is the game supported for iOS? On my iPhone 6 I can log into my account, but when I try to enter the world it just hangs and never loads up. On my iPad, I was able to enter the world and was also able to enter an area and pull a monster, but the game was very unresponsive. I would click on a few skills, nothing would happen for a few seconds, then it would all update at once and the monster went from full life to zero instantly.

I have a pretty long commute on the train everyday and I would absolutely love to be able to grind away the hours with your game. Any update you could give me with regards to the compatibility would be greatly appreciated. Have you also considered releasing an app version of the game? I think your micro transaction model is perfectly suited to mobile gaming and I think you could have a lot of success with an app. Thanks again for the game, it really is a great time waster.

Sirocco

Molten Core Raider
I remember seeing this a long time ago and just restumbeled upon it today. Looks great man, keep up the good work.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Hey Mael, thanks a lot for the game, I have been really enjoying playing it. I just have one question for you, I seem to recall someone asking about mobile platform support for the game. Is the game supported for iOS? On my iPhone 6 I can log into my account, but when I try to enter the world it just hangs and never loads up. On my iPad, I was able to enter the world and was also able to enter an area and pull a monster, but the game was very unresponsive. I would click on a few skills, nothing would happen for a few seconds, then it would all update at once and the monster went from full life to zero instantly.

I have a pretty long commute on the train everyday and I would absolutely love to be able to grind away the hours with your game. Any update you could give me with regards to the compatibility would be greatly appreciated. Have you also considered releasing an app version of the game? I think your micro transaction model is perfectly suited to mobile gaming and I think you could have a lot of success with an app. Thanks again for the game, it really is a great time waster.
Originally there wasn't much planning for mobile as I was mainly designing for a desktop or a laptop. Honestly, I never thought it would work on a mobile, but the code has become more and more efficient. As a result the playability on a mobile device has become better over time. There are also screen size (responsive design) considerations that I would have to work on for mobile. I definitely want the game to be more playable on a mobile device. I have a kindle fire hdx and an ipad air myself and they sometimes play okay on those devices. It seems hit or miss.

I think I would have to dedicate about a month of time simply focusing on performance in order to get it where it needs to be. I'm certainly not ruling it out, but I would have to get to this at some point down the line.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What is the next things you are working on right now? I assume having to get all the legendaries done? What's on the "PTR" right now? lol

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Trying to wrap up all the Kickstarter stuff. Still making legendaries... I want to make the Hall of Champions when I'm done. It's likely it will be called "The Nevergrounds" or something like that. A Magelo type of site.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trying to wrap up all the Kickstarter stuff. Still making legendaries... I want to make the Hall of Champions when I'm done. It's likely it will be called "The Nevergrounds" or something like that. A Magelo type of site.
Throw a party with your new found money and fame!? lol

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Throw a party with your new found money and fame!? lol
I'm still in the red! lol! As long as I have enough money to create a new game, I have no plans to stop developing games. I'll either continue improving Nevergrind or work on a few of the ideas I have kicking around in my head. If I could manage to create something with viral success, I could think about doing it full-time, but that's incredibly difficult to pull off. You'd have to do everything perfectly for years. Or blow someone at Kotaku.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
A couple minor bugs I've found:

When you level up and learn a new spell it can move some of your existing spells to different hotkeys sometimes. For example, I have spells on hotkeys 1-4, 5 is empty and my root spell is on 6. Whenever I learn a new spell from leveling up it puts that spell in the empty slot 5 (as it should) but it pushes my root spell to hotkey 7 and 6 is empty now. Not a huge deal once you notice it but I've had a few cases where I was mashing 6 and wondering why root wasn't casting, until I figured out what was going on.

The other bug involves withdrawing gold from the bank. Say I have like 837 gold in the bank, when I first enter town and open the bank window I can click on the 837 and the little window pops up for the amount I want to withdraw. If I deposit say 100 gold from my inventory though, clicking on the 937 does nothing and it's not possible to withdraw any gold. After leaving town, killing a mob and returning to town I'm able to withdraw again.

Neither of these are a big deal but figured I'd put them out there if they're an easy fix. I'm using Firefox with noscript (nevergrind.com is whitelisted) if that makes a difference. Keep up the good work!

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
1st one would require quite a bit of work to fix... definitely wouldn't design it that way a 2nd time. Second thing is getting fixed in 1-0-5.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
maelfyn set up a promo code for you guys. enter "rerolled" when you sign up for your account and you'll get 250 free nevercrystals.

hats

Molten Core Raider
Got too drunk

Pro tip don't pull more than 3 mobs if you've been on the drank for more than an hour.
Same thing happened to me with Cosmos at 97.. more or less. Was moving confidently then got a phone call, minimized the browser... usually pauses it in my experience, although there is much more effective 'pause button' (who'dathought?). Talked for about 15 minutes then opened up the window to be greeted with a big ol death. I don't play drunk anymore... mostly. Well sometimes, eh.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Same thing happened to me with Cosmos at 97.. more or less. Was moving confidently then got a phone call, minimized the browser... usually pauses it in my experience, although there is much more effective 'pause button' (who'dathought?). Talked for about 15 minutes then opened up the window to be greeted with a big ol death. I don't play drunk anymore... mostly. Well sometimes, eh.
you know. you can blame me for that death. i talked Maelfyn into removing the auto-pause feature when you shift focus away from the NG window.