NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
On "High" graphics and "Long" tooltips.

I see them in the floating text, just not in the window.

Remember good old "a skeleton says HIT FOR NON-MELEE 48 POINTS"
biggrin.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why can't I see my attacks in the combat window?
Never had my hits show in my window no matter what settings I changed. I just assumed they didn't by design for some reason. I also didn't realize until level 46 that my pet health bar was behind my exp bar. So it definitely could be user error.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
When you say see your attacks, what do you mean exactly? You don't see a slash at all? You're only supposed to see a short animation representing your weapons' actions. Maybe you were expecting to see 64-bit graphics with a 3d character model made of a thousand polygons slashing or something? Check the videos in the first post if there's any confusion about what you're supposed to see.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
No he means he can't see the damage he's doing to the mob. I have the same problem. There's no combat text, for myself or my pet.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
On the first page, first screenshot (fighting Nagafen), in the bottom right window it says "You pierce Nagafen for blah blah blah." I don't have that text, just the monster hitting me.

I'm talking about just the text in that bottom right window. Not graphics or anything. I see the monster hitting me, and it's damage, just not me hitting the mob.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Oh, that got removed from the game. It was decided to be exceedingly redundant since it pops up too. Plus it was spamming too much crap and you could barely tell when you were getting your ass kicked. It's more important to see the damage you're receiving in there because you can't really see yourself getting hit.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is it intentional that there are no exceptional or elite versions of amulets, rings, and maybe trinkets? Or is it that way because they have no armor or damage?

Altaruk_sl

shitlord
Not seeing it. Browser? Did refreshing magically fix it?
I've always used Chrome to play and never had an issue with it. I just tried straight up IE and it works... Wonder why Chrome all of the sudden won't let me click abilities/ won't let me see tooltips from hovering with mouse pointer...

Is there any way I can copy my char over so I can use it in IE, or are the two not compatible on that level?

(No settings changed in between Chrome games or anything like that btw)

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Is it intentional that there are no exceptional or elite versions of amulets, rings, and maybe trinkets? Or is it that way because they have no armor or damage?
There are exceptional versions of everything. Elite items aren't done yet. I can ask on my forum to see if anyone found one.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I've always used Chrome to play and never had an issue with it. I just tried straight up IE and it works... Wonder why Chrome all of the sudden won't let me click abilities/ won't let me see tooltips from hovering with mouse pointer...

Is there any way I can copy my char over so I can use it in IE, or are the two not compatible on that level?

(No settings changed in between Chrome games or anything like that btw)
I'll check this in chrome tonight.

Flinger

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there a way to copy a browser cache to another PC so I can play from work and home on the same character?

Altaruk_sl

shitlord
I'll check this in chrome tonight.
Just grabbed Firefox and trying that out. So far, no problems. IE likes to delete my characters in a seemingly random fashion and kills music/sounds all together.. also seemingly random.

If Firefox continues to work, I'll just use that. Did not have any very high characters before browsers started acting up, so, I'm not that concerned.

Anyway, having fun regardless. Great game. Just enough nostalgia for me

Great Ogre Dictator

Golden Knight of the Realm
It is pretty similar to live, except the water pet got a boost: it freezes the target in place for a few seconds. Overall, I would say it is a toss up between water and fire; water takes less damage, fire gets a DS. I could also see going earth because of the root; while rooted, the mobs can't hit you. Air seems a bit lacking; maybe it has a high cold resist like in live?

Edit: Oh, I want to redact a statement I made in my SK review: I broke out my stopwatch and found that cast haste does work, it just doesn't update the tooltip.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I know a few people were affected by the NaN bug when upgrading magic items. I believe I just found the cause of that bug and it has been fixed as of now. The good news is if you kept those "broken" items in the bank, they will now be fixed the next time you log in too.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Your computer is possessed. Try holy water. Honestly, I have never seen that happen in any browser. Sounds like a virus.