NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Yeah it's pretty much the equivalent of loading up on pure MF gear and killing newbie mobs in Tristram in Diablo 2. It's perfectly okay to do that as a strategy if you want to load up on uniques. This could be a great strategy for safely getting through the game on hardcore mode.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah it's pretty much the equivalent of loading up on pure MF gear and killing newbie mobs in Tristram in Diablo 2. It's perfectly okay to do that as a strategy if you want to load up on uniques. This could be a great strategy for safely getting through the game on hardcore mode.
It's a strategy used in almost every game that has a hardcore mode to be fair.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't think it needs a nerf. You are farming the noob zone. That skill is fairly useless later on (currently a 75 SK). You can spec Harm Touch to hit 3 targets too and even that gets useless as the mobs scale up in power. You need to see the later game before you start calling for class nerfs. I think the SK is far behind the DPS curve of other classes at the high levels.
Ok then the power curve needs to be evened out. Because the SK and also the Rogue are the only classes that I've played that can come even close to doing that. So the beginning needs nerfed, the end needs buffed a bit. Sounds like a reasonable fix.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Well it sounds like each class has a different trade-off as far as when they peak power wise.

Not only that but you hit a threshold where chaining Act1 L1 into 300+ starts to be a waste of time both inventory wise and xp wise.

It started to flatten out around level 10 where it wasn't an efficient means of xp

I think it's fine for now.

Edit: Hopefully we'll see some racials get some love because right now the Troll hp regen (paired with female +hp regen) and Dark Elf racial are extremely more powerful than the other racials.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ok then the power curve needs to be evened out. Because the SK and also the Rogue are the only classes that I've played that can come even close to doing that. So the beginning needs nerfed, the end needs buffed a bit. Sounds like a reasonable fix.
My wizard is a beast, have to manage roots and extra damage abilities but I feel over powered as fuck at level 30 unless I am fighting 3+ mobs.

Well it sounds like each class has a different trade-off as far as when they peak power wise.

Not only that but you hit a threshold where chaining Act1 L1 into 300+ starts to be a waste of time both inventory wise and xp wise.

It started to flatten out around level 10 where it wasn't an efficient means of xp

I think it's fine for now.

Edit: Hopefully we'll see some racials get some love because right now the Troll hp regen (paired with female +hp regen) and Dark Elf racial are extremely more powerful than the other racials.
Leave shit broken just like in EQ, the second you focus on balance and not cool shit it isn't EQ anymore.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Right, leave it as is until we get a good sample size on the leaderboards.

I'm only really concerned with HC cuz standard is for casuals. If the SK starts getting RIPpy at level 50+ etc in the endgame that's a trade-off I'm fine with for it being so starter friendly.

Honestly the fact that the SK is so newb friendly makes me not want to play it.

Crone

Honestly the fact that the SK is so newb friendly makes me not want to play it.
You fucking hipster! Go play a bard! lol

Rolled up a Wizard, and they are squishy, but being smart with the root, can make for some decent combos. Loving it pretty good so far.

mukkel

Trakanon Raider
Hardcore in this game will be so RNG - once you get to the higher tiers (Nightmare / Hell) some of those bosses have such a range when it comes to their difficulty and sequence of abilities they use.. You'll need to go into those fights with a giant level advantage to not risk getting some BS ability combo. ie. Fighting a dragon one time he'll breath, breath, breath, breath, breath and you're dead within seconds.. the next he'll not breath once and only melee you which is still a crapload of damage.

Maelfyn can attest to my bitching as a warrior while I was grinding up to L.98.. I think I have around 50 deaths on that character and 40 of them are from two encounters..

Still a pretty fun, addictive game to play
smile.png

Vitality

HUSTLE
Being over leveled for the current content is Rule #1 in any hardcore game.

Rule#2 is stack effective health(Resists/Armor/Hp/Evasion) as much as possible

Crone

Bug! Alert alert! lol...

Everytime I log in, after timing out... which is still happening, my hotkeys are all re-arranged. Doh.

Vitality

HUSTLE
My biggest tip for Hardcore players in this who aren't playing an SK or Rogue is to get 400 gold and refresh the starting town merchant until it has +HP/Tick rings/neck.

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
Enjoying the website version of this so far...just had a good little time...

Backed for a legend tier, good luck and hope this thing goes well for you.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Thought about @'ing Smedley. He might be too high profile and he wouldn't give a fuck. He's too busy with that z1n1 project. I don't know what Brad is up to after the failed Pantheon KS. It'd probably be more effective to target lower profile EQ team members. I wonder if they even feel the same way players do about their own game.