NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maelfyn is there currently a known bug where you can't mouse click anything or hover for tooltip? I was making Rangers to see which racial ability I liked the best and suddenly I can't click actions on the toolbar (can only press hotkeys to activate them) and I can't interact with anything in my inventory or equipped on my characters.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I sometimes hear problems about hover behavior breaking, but I have not ever duplicated this. I'm sure it happens sometimes, but I don't know how to duplicate it. Refresh fixes it?

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've also been having that problem for the past few days where I can't click or see any tooltips. Refreshing doesn't fix it and neither does playing a different character. (This is on Chrome)

edit: switching to firefox seems to solve the problem, although obviously my characters aren't stored in that browser.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I sometimes hear problems about hover behavior breaking, but I have not ever duplicated this. I'm sure it happens sometimes, but I don't know how to duplicate it. Refresh fixes it?
Refresh didn't fix it. Nothing seems to fix it (even turned off laptop for the night, like usual, but today it is still broken. Any character I log in is unable to click things or hover for tooltip. Using Firefox.

edit: Tried creating a new character...still broken. Deleted that new character and logged in my ranger, and now ranger tooltip and mouse click is working. No idea what is causing it to happen, but it seems to have corrected itself for the time being.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay that worked. I created a new character with the same name as my ranger, logged him in then logged out and deleted. Now it's fixed. Good find Talenvor!

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
If this happens again in Firefox please pull up the error log and hit ctrl+shift+J. Report any errors to me that you see under javascript. Ignore the warnings and log messages. This is some kind of weird bug that requires a specific process.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok will do Maelfyn.

Also, are unique drops from named completely random? Ill kill a low level named and sometimes get a unique that's near that level requirement, but occasionally get an item with a level requirement much higher than me or the named I just killed (like just now I got a level 32 required item and I am level 10 and it dropped from a level 7 named).

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Totally random. Granted that odds are better on rare mobs. I'd say the head slot drop tables are particularly f'd up. Most of the rest are pretty reasonable. I saw a level 15ish summoned wolf pet drop a crown of king tranixx before.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So if it's completely random and not tied to the mob level, I could potentially get a level 5 required item from a level 30 named mob? (I already got a level 32 required item from a level 7 named and I was only level 10....seems like a bug to get something to drop that is 25 levels higher than the mob)

Lodor_sl

shitlord
So if it's completely random and not tied to the mob level, I could potentially get a level 5 required item from a level 30 named mob? (I already got a level 32 required item from a level 7 named and I was only level 10....seems like a bug to get something to drop that is 25 levels higher than the mob)
Yeah you get lvl 12 and no lvl req items all the time from lvl 40+ named.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
I havent been able to spawn singe in sols eye 2 for the quest kill for the last 4 days now.
Yeah I came here to post this exact same bug. I am on Nightmare level, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Very fun game by the way Maelfyn, it is pretty much all I have been playing lately lol. My ranger, Kalmah, has been eating up all my free time.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Aw, shit. Sorry about that. Typo broke the quest. Singe is spawning now, guys. Glad you guys are enjoying the game! Not too bad for beta, eh!?

Lodor_sl

shitlord
You know in real eq1 you can equip items on summoned pets.

Have you thought about allowin that in this game considering right now casters are wimpier dps wise than melee and pets for most part are gimpy here too since none of the pets seem to be casting the spells they did in eq1 also.

By allowing pets to gear up it would also make the tons of spare loot we get a little more usefull.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
If this happens again in Firefox please pull up the error log and hit ctrl+shift+J. Report any errors to me that you see under javascript. Ignore the warnings and log messages. This is some kind of weird bug that requires a specific process.
Is there anything you need from Chrome if/when this happens again?

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Btw, pets were buffed yesterday.
What changed with pets? Only thing i noticed is it lost a few levels when summoned. Was still a speed bump that didnt cast spells and didnt notice any blocks, multi attacks, or even hit any harder. (This is as a necro with the skeleton pet, pet should turn into a spectre now but im guessing that is being saved till talents?)