Nevergrind Online - 5-player Multiplayer Co-op Dungeon Crawl RPG on Steam

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
F12 brings up Elements. How do I bring up console?
Just click the console tab.

1642098021404.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Can we upgrade bag space and bank space? I may be missing where.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Can we upgrade bag space and bank space? I may be missing where.
I plan to make character bag space a gold upgrade later. Bank space will be a cash upgrade later. I can upgrade you for the beta, though. If you want a bigger bank just ask me. I'll look for your account now.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You certainly opened the flood gates with this little project and posting it here and handing out the beta keys!!

Do you have any place you are tracking issues, feature requests, etc? Maybe that's not something you want to share as it's still your pet project? I don't know. Kinda reminds me of Phasmaphobia. Blew up on Steam and it was just like one guy, and his communication to the community, similar to yours, drove even more success to the game.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Your bank is upgraded. Enjoy!
I’d like that too pls, saving gear to try other classes later. aiko_hatesyou is the account

I haven’t played many classes much yet but do any have skills that use weapon or bow damage? So far it looks like skills are all separated from your weapons. Doing some skills like that would help make some skills for classes like Ranger, melee classes feel like your weapon actually mattered. Currently it looks like the weapon damage is purely for auto attack?

Also curious how much control you have over the mob assets. Are those something you bought somewhere? Curious if you can do things like recolor skin, armor, change weapons, etc. to differentiate the mob classes that are within the same race and share models.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You certainly opened the flood gates with this little project and posting it here and handing out the beta keys!!

Do you have any place you are tracking issues, feature requests, etc? Maybe that's not something you want to share as it's still your pet project? I don't know. Kinda reminds me of Phasmaphobia. Blew up on Steam and it was just like one guy, and his communication to the community, similar to yours, drove even more success to the game.
It’s a pretty smart idea. Open up testing to people that are into it and get a shitload of free beta testers and feedback. Ultimately all the decision making for that feedback is in one persons hands so the product will be designed as they want, but with lots of updates they may not have thought of themselves.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider

Well, I'm not sure that every community would respond so positively to my self-promotional shitposts. I think FoH's culture, steeped in an EverQuest foundation, is much different than most places on the web. I made a similar post on the P99 forums and it got no responses. I guess they're already tied up playing actual EverQuest?

Maybe other forums would respond positively also, but I don't know what they are.

Edit: I like "marketing" on old-school web forums. "Social media" is extremely divisive these days.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I’d like that too pls, saving gear to try other classes later. aiko_hatesyou is the account
Since trying other classes with upgraded gear right from lvl 1 - you really get the see the strengths and weaknesses of the class instead of relying on one or two spells to keep you alive. Missed me some twinking lol.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Since trying other classes with upgraded gear right from lvl 1 - you really get the see the strengths and weaknesses of the class instead of relying on one or two spells to keep you alive. Missed me some twinking lol.
Well it kind of made me think Templar was OP when after a while I realized it was just my gear making one skill very powerful. After leveling a bit the skill wasn’t so Uber. Taking the twins weapon off to try something else and suddenly the skill was nearly useless. So, be careful with thinking and giving feedback I guess. I’ll make sure to try the “OP skills” without think gear to see if it’s really the skills problem or the gear.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider

I haven’t played many classes much yet but do any have skills that use weapon or bow damage? So far it looks like skills are all separated from your weapons. Doing some skills like that would help make some skills for classes like Ranger, melee classes feel like your weapon actually mattered. Currently it looks like the weapon damage is purely for auto attack?

Also curious how much control you have over the mob assets. Are those something you bought somewhere? Curious if you can do things like recolor skin, armor, change weapons, etc. to differentiate the mob classes that are within the same race and share models.
Just upgraded you. Rangers use bows. Weapon damage also factors into melee-based skills. It references a ratio based on 1h or 2h weapon types.

I have complete control of the assets. They're unity store 3D assets by Protofactor. I can recolor them easily. For example, I have three colors of goblins (green, blue, and red). Armor and other stuff would be harder. I don't think they can be super customized. But maybe if I spent a lot of time messing with it.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Upgraded your bank also.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
It’s a pretty smart idea. Open up testing to people that are into it and get a shitload of free beta testers and feedback. Ultimately all the decision making for that feedback is in one persons hands so the product will be designed as they want, but with lots of updates they may not have thought of themselves.
It has worked great so far! I have gotten so much good bug testing and feedback! I can't imagine what state the game would be in without the testers. So many bugs squashed and great suggestions have been made. The closed alpha started way back in July. Players that came back six months later were shocked how much had changed.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It has worked great so far! I have gotten so much good bug testing and feedback! I can't imagine what state the game would be in without the testers. So many bugs squashed and great suggestions have been made. The closed alpha started way back in July. Players that came back six months later were shocked how much had changed.
Yeah I watched some of your videos and it looks like a different game from even 3-4 months ago

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just upgraded you. Rangers use bows. Weapon damage also factors into melee-based skills. It references a ratio based on 1h or 2h weapon types.

I have complete control of the assets. They're unity store 3D assets by Protofactor. I can recolor them easily. For example, I have three colors of goblins (green, blue, and red). Armor and other stuff would be harder. I don't think they can be super customized. But maybe if I spent a lot of time messing with it.
I was thinking about the mechanics of the wizard in what would be neat. I built him with +fire/spell power and he's mean. But the kit just didnt work well. The Crescent Blades on the SK is just useless no matter how I look at it. But on that same note, I really like that you can build a character with huge bonuses to specific abilities and they be a monster that way, or you can just do a general build, etc. The game is really neat that way imo.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I was thinking about the mechanics of the wizard in what would be neat. I built him with +fire/spell power and he's mean. But the kit just didnt work well. The Crescent Blades on the SK is just useless no matter how I look at it. But on that same note, I really like that you can build a character with huge bonuses to specific abilities and they be a monster that way, or you can just do a general build, etc. The game is really neat that way imo.
I can't wait to add talent trees. That extra layer of strategy will make it really fun.

• 2Like