Nevergrind Online - 5-player Multiplayer Co-op Dungeon Crawl RPG on Steam

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
In the past, NGO rogues could only wear leather, but I decided to change it. I decided that they're really, in terms of lore, not so different from a ranger. They engage in melee combat almost entirely. You can be surprisingly stealthy in chain. Even Drizzt wears mithril chain (checkmate!) and is known for his hunting ability (totally requires stealth #GotEm). Wearing leather is for treehuggers and ascetic monks. Rogues wearing only leather is cringe and fake and gay. I rest my case.

View attachment 392904
I agree. I’ve always liked the idea of rogue / highway man / brigand. Dirty nasty bastards that are backstabbing when you aren’t looking, not because they snuck around you quietly or back flipped into place. The fantasy rogues that wear leather and do acrobatics to evade / position is cringe / gay. Just think of how that would look in a real fight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
dot.PNG

Confirmed, it does. Applied mirror image after a battle where I had a dot on.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I agree. I’ve always liked the idea of rogue / highway man / brigand. Dirty nasty bastards that are backstabbing when you aren’t looking, not because they snuck around you quietly or back flipped into place. The fantasy rogues that wear leather and do acrobatics to evade / position is cringe / gay. Just think of how that would look in a real fight.
Its all in the interpretation of what the class designer wants the rogue to be. Thief, Brigand, Ninja etc. are all, at least imo, the roots of the "Rogue" and it can mean any of those or a combination of which. But then it gets weird when the class designer makes a Rogue and a Ninja for example and.. then its just all kind of muddled and weird. I like the older D&D references even though Ive never actually played D&D.
Will fix.
While looking at that, can you check on Meteor's spread? Its my biggest rant about the class.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Literally this? Probably the coolest fight scene in the entire show? Lol...

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Literally this? Probably the coolest fight scene in the entire show? Lol...
Exactly. Flipping around and doing cartwheels like some kind of homo from west side story.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Its all in the interpretation of what the class designer wants the rogue to be. Thief, Brigand, Ninja etc. are all, at least imo, the roots of the "Rogue" and it can mean any of those or a combination of which. But then it gets weird when the class designer makes a Rogue and a Ninja for example and.. then its just all kind of muddled and weird. I like the older D&D references even though Ive never actually played D&D.

While looking at that, can you check on Meteor's spread? Its my biggest rant about the class.
That said, I readily admit that I love the idea of a rogue tank specialization with Mirage Strike. I think that would be a cool talent tree specialization in the future. Ninja tanks in FFXI were cool.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That said, I readily admit that I love the idea of a rogue tank specialization with Mirage Strike. I think that would be a cool talent tree specialization in the future. Ninja tanks in FFXI were cool.
Ninja tank in FFXI and the rogue shadow tank (forget the name) in Rift were some of my favorite classes. Being a good rogue tank in those games was so satisfying, people being shocked you could actually do it. The cost of the ninja tank consumables sucked but it was still fun. The ninja class wasn’t designed to do that like the Rift rogue tank was, people just figured it out and they left it in which I thought was pretty cool.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I noticed you can click the red vagina on the title screen to make it blue. Does that have any kind of purpose or were you just bored maelfyn maelfyn ?

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Meteor should hit the whole screen and have a long ass cast and cooldown and big cost. It should be a “holy shit” spell imo

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How badly did you nerf set item drops? I was getting one maybe every 2-3 hours before. Haven’t had a single one since the patch you mentioned you fixed the drop rate a couple days ago. (Probably 10 hours of game time)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Meteor should hit the whole screen and have a long ass cast and cooldown and big cost. It should be a “holy shit” spell imo
Meteor is just mediocre as it is now, even if it did hit all 5 targets. The class is just not very good in general. Not strictly because of damage, but because its just generally not fun. Put a Wizard in normal gear and make him fight just one single mob, even con, and your best DPS is going to be using your highest spell power single target spell over and over and over and over. Where as like a Monk, you can take off a huge chunk of the NPC's health in a one - two combo.
How badly did you nerf set item drops? I was getting one maybe every 2-3 hours before. Haven’t had a single one since the patch you mentioned you fixed the drop rate a couple days ago.
I knew I wasnt the only one wondering what happened to them. Im not a fan of the severity of the change at all. Sort of like the store never selling anything worth af that I talked to you today about, maelfyn maelfyn . Greens may have been a bit high and could have came down a bit, but with as many different greens as you can get with as many different slots there is to fill, much less that they are level based to begin with, Im just not a fan of the change. You have Heavy Hands bro, and theyre slapping down emergent gameplay in tandem with degenerate gameplay at the same time.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Being an early beta it’s not that big of a deal to me but once this hits mass beta, yeah be careful. Huge swings and nerfs like mana costs and drop rates will drive people away really fast. Smaller incremental changes and awaiting feedback is the way to go. I know if I played a melee main and those huge mana changes hit in a non test environment I’d probably just quit playing.

Just to add my personal feedback I thought the drop rate of greens before the nerf was fair. I think I got 9 greens in ~20 hours. Only two were within the same set. Like Daidraco Daidraco said there are a lot of slots, and a lot of sets. At that drop/match rate I probably wouldn’t start getting a full set until like 50 hours played. As you start finishing sets it will encourage you to make a new class with that set in mind. I think finishing out a character and starting a new one after 50 hours is perfectly reasonable for a game like this. I probably wouldn’t have changed the drop rate much more than 10-15% less than it already was or it would feel too barren, like it currently does.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I also agree about the vendors selling junk. I have only bought one thing off the vendors and am at 30 hours. Maybe skewing it to have more yellow items would help, and refreshing it every so often. Or adding a “restock” button that costs gold that resets the items. I’m not sure if it even refreshes at the moment? Mine has had the same items for a while. The cost of the yellow items makes it so you can’t really twink out just off the vendor.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have a graphics bug where every time a skill hits the mob disappears for a second. Where do I look in the console to show you what’s happening? If something like this show up in the console that is.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I have a graphics bug where every time a skill hits the mob disappears for a second. Where do I look in the console to show you what’s happening? If something like this show up in the console that is.
I have heard some similar reports. You can hit f12 and click the console tab. You might see something in there, but I doubt it. I am thinking that is a platform specific bug. I'm not sure the exact cause of it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have heard some similar reports. You can hit f12 and click the console tab. You might see something in there, but I doubt it. I am thinking that is a platform specific bug. I'm not sure the exact cause of it.
It changed after I posted to where they were just randomly disappearing/flickering instead of on each hit. I found a recording button and recorded an 80 second clip. Does that get sent to you or does it save to a file somewhere?

• 1Like