Nevergrind Online - 5-player Multiplayer Co-op Dungeon Crawl RPG on Steam

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Noticed when I enter a room or a combat and start to cast a spell as soon as I can that it often fails. Not as in 'fizzles' but rather the whole spell finishes casting and even makes the sound effect (but not the visible effect) but nothing happens.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Noticed when I enter a room or a combat and start to cast a spell as soon as I can that it often fails. Not as in 'fizzles' but rather the whole spell finishes casting and even makes the sound effect (but not the visible effect) but nothing happens.
Yeah there is a split second at the start of combat where casting or using an instant doesn’t work. I just wait a quarter second before clicking anything.

Crusader skill description feedback. The consecrate skill says it buffs all resists 1-5%. It’s actually buffing it 4% per stack no matter what.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I might know what causes that. Is it only specific spells or any spell?

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Happens with Shaman:Scourge for sure.

If you don't wait for combat to start 100%, then as Hateyou Hateyou said, the spell completes but does not land.
I know what it is. It has to do with the battle id not allowing spells from previous battles. I'll increment the id as soon as you enter combat.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I know what it is. It has to do with the battle id not allowing spells from previous battles. I'll increment the id as soon as you enter combat.
Makes sense. The patch that fixed the carry over is when that cast problem started.

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are there keys left for this? I'd like to try this with a buddy of mine.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For those of you joining, try to make a group bigger than a duo. The game drags with just two or three doing a Heroic at times. Four is much better and 5 is probably over kill up until higher level.

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tried it out. No bugs encountered so far. Fun game and I like how you left some of the EQ sounds in. Nostalgia hits pretty hard. When in dungeons and walking down hallways where you can see static mobs standing in the way, is there a way to see what level a mob is before you run into him to engage battle? Also, 9 of the 10 items I received as drops were unidentified. Is that pretty normal to need to carry a buttload of scrolls around with you when they don't stack and I only have one bag?

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Tried it out. No bugs encountered so far. Fun game and I like how you left some of the EQ sounds in. Nostalgia hits pretty hard. When in dungeons and walking down hallways where you can see static mobs standing in the way, is there a way to see what level a mob is before you run into him to engage battle? Also, 9 of the 10 items I received as drops were unidentified. Is that pretty normal to need to carry a buttload of scrolls around with you when they don't stack and I only have one bag
Everything except whites are unidentified. I usually carry a couple identify scrolls in case I get a purple or green so I can use it.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tried it out. No bugs encountered so far. Fun game and I like how you left some of the EQ sounds in. Nostalgia hits pretty hard. When in dungeons and walking down hallways where you can see static mobs standing in the way, is there a way to see what level a mob is before you run into him to engage battle? Also, 9 of the 10 items I received as drops were unidentified. Is that pretty normal to need to carry a buttload of scrolls around with you when they don't stack and I only have one bag?
The amount of item drops you get stays within the realm of your bag slots (16). Could get 12 drops, could get 20 drops. I typically just hoard it all, replacing the whites, then the blues as I go. Then just identify them all in town when I get back. The game as far as I can tell is in a pretty playable state - just a lot of balance type of things with some classes (like the Bard being absolutely atrocious to play in the low levels) need to happen and a lot of classes just play whack-a-mole with their abilities in their current state. Im not a fan of how cloak and dagger a lot of mechanics are and I dont think a lot of people are going to agree with Maelfyn's stance on it, but "it is what it is."

Overall though the game is fun and if you have a group of friends to play with, you'll really enjoy it.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still grinding on my cleric when I can play. I like the damage plus group support that it provides, and the AoE's seem pretty powerful.

Are there experience/item rewards from doing the Tavern missions? I haven't noticed that there is but wasn't paying that close of attention.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Still grinding on my cleric when I can play. I like the damage plus group support that it provides, and the AoE's seem pretty powerful.

Are there experience/item rewards from doing the Tavern missions? I haven't noticed that there is but wasn't paying that close of attention.
Just the exp and items you got in the mission itself. You get a small chunk of bonus gold at the end of the mission. There’s no additional bonus at the tavern or anything.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider

I think what I might do is only guarantee a yellow drop if it your first time clearing the quest. That way there is an additional incentive to clear quests. Diablo 2 had this concept of boosting magic find for "virgin" kills of the bosses. I could boost the magic find when you kill bosses for the first time, too. I like that idea. It incentivizes running through the game again.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just logged in for a couple of minutes to do a dungeon while waiting for the wife to finish some things up before we watch some TV. Perfect!!

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think you’d want to boost yellows power a bit if you did that. Currently blues are 99% vendor trash, yellows are like 95%. For each character I just fill a slot with the first blue or yellow that comes along for it, and rarely replace them unless it’s a purple or green. Even at the current rate of yellows they’re almost all getting vendored, I’m not sure why you’d feel the need to restrict how many drop. Greens and purples I understand.

The skills on blues and yellows are just so low and so random it’s really hard to find one that’s actually an upgrade. The randomness on purples and greens are more dialed back and much more specific so those are a lot easier to find a good home for. I’m guessing I could keep more if I was really trying to min max all the classes I’ve been trying, but the level of effort is just too high to do that for so little gain. One thing I’ve noticed is my teens and 20s characters are all still wearing some blues and yellows they’ve had since levels 1-5, finding replacements doesn’t happen much so far.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I think you’d want to boost yellows power a bit if you did that. Currently blues are 99% vendor trash, yellows are like 95%. For each character I just fill a slot with the first blue or yellow that comes along for it, and rarely replace them unless it’s a purple or green. Even at the current rate of yellows they’re almost all getting vendored, I’m not sure why you’d feel the need to restrict how many drop. Greens and purples I understand.

The skills on blues and yellows are just so low and so random it’s really hard to find one that’s actually an upgrade. The randomness on purples and greens are more dialed back and much more specific so those are a lot easier to find a good home for. I’m guessing I could keep more if I was really trying to min max all the classes I’ve been trying, but the level of effort is just too high to do that for so little gain. One thing I’ve noticed is my teens and 20s characters are all still wearing some blues and yellows they’ve had since levels 1-5, finding replacements doesn’t happen much so far.
Well, if I make yellows+ extremely rare then blues won't be vendor trash. I'm just saying. It's all relative to what is statistically available to players.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well, if I make yellows+ extremely rare then blues won't be vendor trash. I'm just saying. It's all relative to what is statistically available to players.
That is correct. I’d be worried about what that would do to the speed of the game though. Being in majority blues would definitely slow things down across the board. There’s already some classes that perform pretty poorly even with decent gear. The game speed seems good to me at the moment but it depends on what you’re going for, not me. I’d just say that I don’t think people will be getting excited for yellows, even if they become rare. As currently designed the stats are just too random, I’ll vendor 20 yellows over my equipped blue item if the stats don’t line up.

Example would be a blue item that gives me +9 poison spell power on my poison caster. I can get yellows all day that give me +1 evocation, +3 mana, +2 blood resist, +1 double attack or some random combination like that, I’m still going to vendor them over my blue item that’s specific to my classes skills. If they were made to kind of match skills that would tend to go together, or build on that + poison attack in the same slot I could see wanting to make them rarer, but I’m guessing that’s a lot of precise coding to get to that point.

TLDR it won’t matter how rare they are if they’re still random junk that doesn’t match your class.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
That is correct. I’d be worried about what that would do to the speed of the game though. Being in majority blues would definitely slow things down across the board. There’s already some classes that perform pretty poorly even with decent gear. The game speed seems good to me at the moment but it depends on what you’re going for, not me. I’d just say that I don’t think people will be getting excited for yellows, even if they become rare. As currently designed the stats are just too random, I’ll vendor 20 yellows over my equipped blue item if the stats don’t line up.

Example would be a blue item that gives me +9 poison spell power on my poison caster. I can get yellows all day that give me +1 evocation, +3 mana, +2 blood resist, +1 double attack or some random combination like that, I’m still going to vendor them over my blue item that’s specific to my classes skills. If they were made to kind of match skills that would tend to go together, or build on that + poison attack in the same slot I could see wanting to make them rarer, but I’m guessing that’s a lot of precise coding to get to that point.

TLDR it won’t matter how rare they are if they’re still random junk that doesn’t match your class.
Aye, indeed. I'm just being an autist though. I am tuning the drop rates so that even Brad McQuaid and David Brevik would cream themselves with gamer's delight. I want blues to be ok, rares to be great, and set/unique to cause a full-body transcendental orgasm. I also have future plans for white items. And I would like to add socketed items one day. So much fun ahead.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Aye, indeed. I'm just being an autist though. I am tuning the drop rates so that even Brad McQuaid and David Brevik would cream themselves with gamer's delight. I want blues to be ok, rares to be great, and set/unique to cause a full-body transcendental orgasm. I also have future plans for white items. And I would like to add socketed items one day. So much fun ahead.
I think your greens and purple are in a good spot. They are fun to get, aren’t seen often, are usually useful/upgrades. Like I said they’re obviously more specific than yellows. I got the same purple item and it had the same stats, just different numbers within their range. Items like that are great cause you can look at one classes skills, design an item to be for them and throw it into loot pool and eventually someone playing that class will get it and be excited. The sets doubly so with the set bonuses.

Just don’t make them so rare no one ever gets them completed. I’ve got around 50 hours and I haven’t completed a set yet, I have only got two in a set and saw that there was a set bonus when I equipped it. I’m sure a full set will be ridiculous and fun, but I’m already wondering how long it would take for someone to get one complete. 100-150 hours, maybe longer if rng doesn’t like me? How many hours do you expect/want the average gamer to put in? There will be some special autists like me that play off and on for years and put in a few hundred hours but the majority will probably hit max and a few low level alts and be done. I’m wondering if people like that would ever complete a single set, and what are the odds it would even be for their main class? Pretty low I’m guessing.