Nevergrind Online - 5-player Multiplayer Co-op Dungeon Crawl RPG on Steam

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I like that part, it’s nostalgic. I’d just do backups and patch them in if you get a cease and desist:p

How easy would it be to add some texture differences, maybe even just color, when you’re in different dungeons? I think that would help a little with some of the monotony. Every tunnel is identical looking with identical mobs. Doesn’t really feel like any dungeon is different from one another until you hit the boss.
Yeah bro. You have no idea how long I've thought about the pros and cons of this. You have no idea how nostalgic certain EQ sfx are for me. I'm curious who would even try a C&D. Who owns them? Nobody knows. I don't think Daybreak or whoever owns them. Brad McQuaid personally told me that they bought them as an open source sfx pack.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I like that part, it’s nostalgic. I’d just do backups and patch them in if you get a cease and desist:p

How easy would it be to add some texture differences, maybe even just color, when you’re in different dungeons? I think that would help a little with some of the monotony. Every tunnel is identical looking with identical mobs. Doesn’t really feel like any dungeon is different from one another until you hit the boss.
Yeah that's definitely something I can work on. I can add more texture variety later. That's part of the whole kickstarter effort. I'd love to add background and hallway texture variety.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah bro. You have no idea how long I've thought about the pros and cons of this. You have no idea how nostalgic certain EQ sfx are for me. I'm curious who would even try a C&D. Who owns them? Nobody knows. I don't think Daybreak or whoever owns them. Brad McQuaid personally told me that they bought them as an open source sfx pack.
Right. That’s why I’d just leave them and cross your fingers. I doubt anyone is going to care you have similar sounds in a game that really doesn’t resemble EQ in most aspects. The casting sounds are great, and the nostalgia is what made me crave the EQ ding noise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the keys. I gave one to a buddy who will be able to play with me too and is an avid gamer. (Like all of us).

Going to get some time in over lunch and then beyond.

You should add us all to the QA credits :p "Special thanks to the Fires of Heaven Forum who are truly the greatest among all gamers"

I would also like to request a boss named "Utnayan" - Level 50 troll - hard to beat - spits venom - and then burrows on vacation every 4 turns.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Thanks for the keys. I gave one to a buddy who will be able to play with me too and is an avid gamer. (Like all of us).

Going to get some time in over lunch and then beyond.

You should add us all to the QA credits :p "Special thanks to the Fires of Heaven Forum who are truly the greatest among all gamers"

I would also like to request a boss named "Utnayan" - Level 50 troll - hard to beat - spits venom - and then burrows on vacation every 4 turns.
I plan to add a lot of people to the credits as testers. Maybe anyone that invests more than 72 hours or something.

• 2Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Dumpstered Shiloh at level 2 with my Paladin. No pots needed. Get gud scrubs. Also... Pally OP

1641915839842.png

• 1Galaxy Brain

Rime

<Donor>
I imagine the decision not to show the XP required/gained is a throw back to the way it was displayed in EverQuest, right? So no chance of there being an option to show how much you have/need/gain?

I would like to see the damage break down in the combat log, if possible. So... I have +5 Arcane Damage to Melee from my Bow, +2 Poison from a Buff, +2 Blood from a weapon, then the base 2-6 of the Sword. But it just shows as 10-15. I would like to see it as, say I rolled a 4... So, Rime hits a Giant Spider for 4 Physical +5 Arcane, +2 Poison, +2 Blood.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok I just kicked Peon Magog's ass back to World of Warcraft. Does chat work? Tried a few in general and a couple tells - didn't see anything back.

Also, feedback: Would be nice to tab to change chat channels.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I imagine the decision not to show the XP required/gained is a throw back to the way it was displayed in EverQuest, right? So no chance of there being an option to show how much you have/need/gain?

I would like to see the damage break down in the combat log, if possible. So... I have +5 Arcane Damage to Melee from my Bow, +2 Poison from a Buff, +2 Blood from a weapon, then the base 2-6 of the Sword. But it just shows as 10-15. I would like to see it as, say I rolled a 4... So, Rime hits a Giant Spider for 4 Physical +5 Arcane, +2 Poison, +2 Blood.
Yes. I used to show exp as a bar above the skills, but decided to put it in the character window instead.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Ok I just kicked Peon Magog's ass back to World of Warcraft. Does chat work? Tried a few in general and a couple tells - didn't see anything back.

Also, feedback: Would be nice to tab to change chat channels.
Chat is VERY working. It was one of the first things I finished. It supports guild chat, party chat, emotes, emojis, town chat, different chat channels, whispers, etc etc. Type /help in game.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Chat is VERY working. It was one of the first things I finished. It supports guild chat, party chat, emotes, emojis, town chat, different chat channels, whispers, etc etc. Type /help in game.
Awesome - don't ban me on the first day.

This is actually pretty cool so far. Only played one mission will be back at lunch - controls are super easy. I love the fact I can play it with a single mouse hand and clicks when eating breakfast.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Awesome - don't ban me on the first day.

This is actually pretty cool so far. Only played one mission will be back at lunch - controls are super easy. I love the fact I can play it with a single mouse hand and clicks when eating breakfast.
It's a lot like old battle.net. Can just type /join bros for your own channel. Etc etc. When you go back to town it'll remember your custom channels, too. Or when you log in the next day. You can type /join town to go back to the default.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So real dumb question maybe I am missing. Once I clear a dungeon, and go back to the door icon, is there a way to leave the dungeon and go back to the town? Or do I have to camp back to the title screen.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How the fuck is that possible lol. I used 4 pots and a mana pot, spammed mirage on cd to even further prevent damage, kept poison up always and made sure my fade/haste was at 5 stacks for the entire fight and didn't get him below 40% so I'm super fucking confused.
Dont forget the shrines - I struggled with the guy you're talking about and the lvl 6 dungeon boss as well until I lucked up on a dungeon where I got a good roll on shrine buffs. 20% extra damage for example is pretty OP. I also lucked up on an epic quality 1h mace that has pretty much invalidated any other weapon drop Ive had in the time Ive played this.

maelfyn maelfyn On that same note, is certain armor level gated? Not specific pieces in general "needs level 12 to wear" but for it to drop in my level range and it be a certain type of gear, like plate didnt drop for me until level 8 iirc.
Pretty rough for New World when you have a better chat system than they do.
So real dumb question maybe I am missing. Once I clear a dungeon, and go back to the door icon, is there a way to leave the dungeon and go back to the town? Or do I have to camp back to the title screen.
On the mini map there is an exit button at the top center of it.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There’s a “return to town” button in the little dungeon map.

• 2Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Great question. I suppose I should make it more obvious how to return to town.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Dont forget the shrines - I struggled with the guy you're talking about and the lvl 6 dungeon boss as well until I lucked up on a dungeon where I got a good roll on shrine buffs. 20% extra damage for example is pretty OP. I also lucked up on an epic quality 1h mace that has pretty much invalidated any other weapon drop Ive had in the time Ive played this.

maelfyn maelfyn On that same note, is certain armor level gated? Not specific pieces in general "needs level 12 to wear" but for it to drop in my level range and it be a certain type of gear, like plate didnt drop for me until level 8 iirc.

Pretty rough for New World when you have a better chat system than they do.

On the mini map there is an exit button at the top center of it.
Bro, you have no idea how much modern gaming chat interfaces piss me off. I pretty much made NGO just to show how incompetent modern chat UIs are. I haven't played New World. How bad is their chat? I have seen so many bad modern chat UIs that I figure it must be intentionally designed to limit free communication because of muhhh feelings or whatever.

Yeah, the 20% damage buff is pretty lucky... they also stack. You can potentially find up to five of them. Perhaps it's OP, but it's also fun... so I dunno.

Mob level determines what type of items they can drop. Generally, the higher level the mob, the better quality of base item they can drop.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am in the top 50 of Shadow Knights.

• 1Like