Nevergrind Online - 5-player Multiplayer Co-op Dungeon Crawl RPG on Steam

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
That's amazing !!

Bug: I've hard-locked twice now during a dungeon. Unfortunately, I can't look at the console to find out what's causing it because I'm hard locked. Have to hold my laptop power key down to hard shut down. Doh!

Doesn't look like Windows Event Viewer is showing me anything either.
Definitely all of the crypto malware you installed. NGO is bug free.

• 2Worf
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Definitely all of the crypto malware you installed. NGO is bug free.
Haha for sure!!

So I'm noticing on my laptop that the intel UHD GPU is maxed at 100% and it's not kicking in my discrete GPU? I know nothing about programming to know how you kick that in?

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Haha for sure!!

So I'm noticing on my laptop that the intel UHD GPU is maxed at 100% and it's not kicking in my discrete GPU? I know nothing about programming to know how you kick that in?
I'm not sure about that. I'll have to do some research. Might be a stupid question, but is your gaming monitor plugged into your GPU or your motherboard?

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Haha for sure!!

Go into Windows Graphics Settings. Run menu > Graphics Settings and browse for Nevergrind Online. You can choose which card from there.

1642055663650.png

Crone

Go into Windows Graphics Settings. Run menu > Graphics Settings and browse for Nevergrind Online. You can choose which card from there.

View attachment 392683
Thanks! Switching to windowed mode allowed me to go for a long time, before crash. Will adjust the setting this time and see if that lets me play longer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Thanks! Switching to windowed mode allowed me to go for a long time, before crash. Will adjust the setting this time and see if that lets me play longer.
Please let me know. Meanwhile I'll see if there's a better way to detect the real graphics card. That's not good.

Crone

Please let me know. Meanwhile I'll see if there's a better way to detect the real graphics card. That's not good.
Seems to be working just fine now.

So I thought I read here that it saves dungeon progress? Guess not? I cleared the Level 6 Prophet Uzeroth dungeon, died, went back to town to restock potions, and came back and it was all reset. Doh! Lesson learned.

Level 8 cleric now.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Seems to be working just fine now.

So I thought I read here that it saves dungeon progress? Guess not? I cleared the Level 6 Prophet Uzeroth dungeon, died, went back to town to restock potions, and came back and it was all reset. Doh! Lesson learned.

Level 8 cleric now.
Sounds pretty unusual... I've never seen quest progress not save. Nobody would get anywhere in the game if it didn't save...

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I've had one issue w/ graphics too. I was going to stream this during raid downtimes the other night but found OBS can't seem to hook into the windowed game, if I want to stream it it looks like I'd have to full screen it on another monitor and capture that display rather than the game window. Haven't tinkered with that since, I typically play it windowed 1080p.

Got a couple friends in and we plowed through a few heroic missions on fresh characters. Only feedback so far was one mentioned here previously about a better call to action about exiting the dungeon. He said he ran back to the front of the dungeon to leave when he'd played solo earlier.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I've had one issue w/ graphics too. I was going to stream this during raid downtimes the other night but found OBS can't seem to hook into the windowed game, if I want to stream it it looks like I'd have to full screen it on another monitor and capture that display rather than the game window. Haven't tinkered with that since, I typically play it windowed 1080p.

Got a couple friends in and we plowed through a few heroic missions on fresh characters. Only feedback so far was one mentioned here previously about a better call to action about exiting the dungeon. He said he ran back to the front of the dungeon to leave when he'd played solo earlier.
Sounds good. I'll think about it. I just patched the client with a juicy update. Enjoy!

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider

I have no issues doing a Window capture on NGO. I've done display capture, too.

1642061170185.png

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Had one instance yesterday where the mobs showed up but I couldn’t do anything to them. Clicking them, Auto attack, casting anything just said something like “You don’t have a valid target” even though they were right there beating my ass. Didn’t realize the console command was a thing so not sure what was going on. Will check it out if it happens again.

• 1Like

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
I’ve been not able to see mobs during combat this AM. Didn’t reboot the game to see if it was local, but did a number of quests and all encounters were that way.

QoL suggestions:
I’d like to be able to close any active window with the escape key, that seems to work on merchant windows in town but not inventory or character windows.

When using the camp or exit button in the top right there was no confirmation button, just straight exit.

Would be nice to have the ability to right click for selling/buying.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think this is a bug related to jewelry and charms. Because they only drop as magical items they are not getting filtered in the same way as armor. I'll look into this.
This reminds me to ask, is jewelry not supposed to show up in shops? The description when you hover over the apothecary says it has jewelry but I’ve never seen any for sale, ever. Rings or necklace.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I’ve been not able to see mobs during combat this AM. Didn’t reboot the game to see if it was local, but did a number of quests and all encounters were that way.

QoL suggestions:
I’d like to be able to close any active window with the escape key, that seems to work on merchant windows in town but not inventory or character windows.

When using the camp or exit button in the top right there was no confirmation button, just straight exit.

Would be nice to have the ability to right click for selling/buying.
Space bar closes things.
I have no idea why mobs are not visible. That's a new one.
Camping fast is awesome! I don't think logging out is serious business like it is in EQ.
You can CTRL+left click to fast buy/sell anything.

Never played Diablo 2?

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Space bar closes things.
I have no idea why mobs are not visible. That's a new one.
Camping fast is awesome! I don't think logging out is serious business like it is in EQ.
You can CTRL+left click to fast buy/sell anything.

Never played Diablo 2?

Shit I didn’t know about control left click lol

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds good. I'll think about it. I just patched the client with a juicy update. Enjoy!
You have any patch notes so we know what to test? I did notice the quest complete check marks, that’s much better.

I also noticed you tied auto attack to attack skills, that’s much better, thanks. It may have introduced a bug though, not sure. On my Templar I open up with fire wall skill. I’ve had 3-4 times where the skill doesn’t actually go off. It turns auto attack on, and triggers the skills cooldown, but doesn’t actually go on the mobs. One time it went off on the back row, but the mob i auto targeted was in the front row. Maybe it’s firing to the back row and there aren’t any mobs on the times it’s not actually triggering. It happens maybe 1 in 5 or 6 casts, I can’t reliably repeat it. I just click the skill without targeting anything as my opening to every battle if you want to try to repeat it. I tried opening with other skills to see if it happens with them too but haven’t seen it with other skills yet.