Nevergrind Online - 5-player Multiplayer Co-op Dungeon Crawl RPG on Steam

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The man who started it all!?

Elaborate!
I was active on the NG forums during beta when it was still using EQ assets, mael was struggling trying to figure out where to advertise the game, and I told him I knew just the group of nostalgia addicted degenerates to advertise to. FoH gave him enough of a player base that I don't think he even bothered advertising much of anywhere else for quite awhile after that.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I can't wait to wrap up set items so I can start on the auction house. I think that'll make the economic part of the game more fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
If someone provides a list of every original classic EverQuest best-of-the-best winner, I'll name the elite sets after the winner of each class's BotB contest.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Apparently, the p99 BotB winners are documented, so I can use that as a fallback.

botb.jpg

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently, the p99 BotB winners are documented, so I can use that as a fallback.

View attachment 453665
Pretty massive list here. EverQuest Hall of Fame

Idk if it lists the interserver BOTB winners (big list and I'm lazy lol, haven't scrolled through it much) but if it doesn't have that it at least has the winners from each server.

Some of the championship BOTB matches are on YouTube. Found them pretty easily by Googling "EverQuest" "best of the best" '2000"

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some names on that list I havent seen in years. Pretty neat that they kept that info for nostalgia purposes. The old crotchety part of me realized while looking over that list, that at least on my server, all those names belonged to my guild. We didnt share a single mob with anyone in that time frame. So its not hard for me to see why they won in retrospect. Best gear with tons of platinum to spend on pumice, clickies, potions etc. A popularity contest in a nutshell.

Still though, BOTB evokes the right kind of nostalgia for old timer EverQuest players. So I think its a fantastic idea to name stuff after them. Extra points if you match the gear with the class. I'm unsure if all of the "titles" matched classes. Some of them are pretty vague.

Are you contemplating work on any other projects, maelfyn maelfyn ? As for NGO - did you ever get the talent system in?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Are you contemplating work on any other projects, maelfyn maelfyn ? As for NGO - did you ever get the talent system in?
It'll be easy to match the player's class to set titles. I've no plans to work on a future game, but I always have some ideas kicking around in my head. The talent system isn't in yet. I finished unique itemization and I'm working on set items, now. I should finish set items around the end of February. Then I'll start working on the auction house. Then talents. At least that's the plan.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
In the absence of any other way to pick names from that list, it might be cool to involve servers.... Like, for a Necromancer item, maybe pick the name of the necro that won the BOTB on Innoruuk. For a Druid item pick the DRU that won the BOTB on Tunare. Etc.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I've been thinking about packaging up original Nevergrind and releasing it on Steam, too. A few dedicated players keep DM'ing me to do it. It's just a matter of packaging it up, adjusting a few things, and putting it on Steam. I've already paid the $100 to put it on Steam. It would be a single-player version. No leaderboards. Just single player with local save data.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

I've been thinking about packaging up original Nevergrind and releasing it on Steam, too. A few dedicated players keep DM'ing me to do it. It's just a matter of packaging it up, adjusting a few things, and putting it on Steam. I've already paid the $100 to put it on Steam. It would be a single-player version. No leaderboards. Just single player with local save data.
Think you'll have a mobile port of it at any point? I could see myself playing something like this in short bursts.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
It's on sale this week to celebrate my birthday :emoji_blush: Most of the itemization is completed, so there are plenty of interesting new items to find. I should finish with phase 2 of itemization in early March!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

It's on sale this week to celebrate my birthday :emoji_blush: Most of the itemization is completed, so there are plenty of interesting new items to find. I should finish with phase 2 of itemization in early March!
Steam sent an email about it for wishlist people. Have a good Birthday.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Pretty massive list here. EverQuest Hall of Fame

Idk if it lists the interserver BOTB winners (big list and I'm lazy lol, haven't scrolled through it much) but if it doesn't have that it at least has the winners from each server.

Some of the championship BOTB matches are on YouTube. Found them pretty easily by Googling "EverQuest" "best of the best" '2000"

Who was mainly responsible for the naming in EQ? Brad?

Looking over this list of areas, servers, gods, cities, etc. the fantasy names in EQ were quite well done.

You can't have good lore without good names. :emoji_thumbsup:

• 1Like

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Who was mainly responsible for the naming in EQ? Brad?

Looking over this list of areas, servers, gods, cities, etc. the fantasy names in EQ were quite well done.

You can't have good lore without good names. :emoji_thumbsup:
Vex Thal and GoD expansion would like to have a word with you.

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Game is on sale for $4.91. Talent trees have been getting added the past few weeks. Templar, Warrior, Shaman are in. Pretty fun to play around with builds. Good time to hop in!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users