Neverwinter: PC

Caliane

heh. I think its funny. narrator mentions wanting to see players needing to march in formations, to make use of the targeting skills, etc.

A phalanx would totally be considered exploiting in a game, that allowed it. If a game has player collision with players and npcs. if you could hold shields up and block npcs or players, so they couldn't get past your shields by lining up 4-6 "tanks". With your dps/healers behind. Would totally get nerfed.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for that. Most questions were impossible, but the one I found was "What is the second class listed on page xx" and the answer is "guardian fighter".

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keep trying to reset my password and it won't let me. /sigh
Had a similar issue. I noticed I had 2 user names attached to the account. I had to use the second name to reset the password.

I noticed you could download the game.. Anyone do that in hopes of an invite? I might just to skip the line heh

Blackwulf

N00b
It looks like it could be a fun game for a while. That vid just seemed more like a Diablo MMO than a D&D game. Personally I wish someone with the license would create an MMO based on D&D where combat was fairly rare and you had a lot of the old RP elements. When my group used to play D&D we spent more time wandering around town buying stuff, playing politics, exploring, building things... yeah, I know lots of D&D groups weren't like that, and I'm not sure how you would put that into a computer game. I guess what I"m saying is that this "Neverwinter" doesn't seem like D&D to me. Not saying I won't try it out for some fun...

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
It looks like it could be a fun game for a while. That vid just seemed more like a Diablo MMO than a D&D game. Personally I wish someone with the license would create an MMO based on D&D where combat was fairly rare and you had a lot of the old RP elements. When my group used to play D&D we spent more time wandering around town buying stuff, playing politics, exploring, building things... yeah, I know lots of D&D groups weren't like that, and I'm not sure how you would put that into a computer game. I guess what I"m saying is that this "Neverwinter" doesn't seem like D&D to me. Not saying I won't try it out for some fun...
The problem is, as you said, that shit is hard to put into a game. Someone has to design and code it all, whereas in a free form tabletop type setting, anything can go if you can imagine it happening in the context of the setting.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
2nd Beta Weekend is coming up. If you're on this list you can login and play.

Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10
Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers
Hero of the North Friend Key
Torchlight 2 pre-orders
RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

I'll be on for a bit testing and seeing how the game handles.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Certainly more and more interested as I learn more. I'm trying to keep myself away from the news sites, though, so that I don't get my hopes up before release.