Neverwinter: PC

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Kinda sucks. I bought the Founders pack and was all hyped to play this, but life decided to screw me over right before the game came out. Havent had internet for about 3 months except on my phone. Still want to play this since I had a blast in beta.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
I have 3 keys for redeeming a "free In-Game" item in Neverwinter. No idea what it unlocks, but first 3 to PM will get it.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Well, in case it matters today is the official launch day. And apparently they're adding an alchemy trade skill in.

The end of beta even was moderately fun for around an hour. (standard "evil army is creating portals and invading the normally safe city" bit) And the cool prize is a skeletal dog companion, which I named after my dead dog. yay

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This may set a record for being "old and no longer relevant" on the day it launches.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
game's still pretty fun and definitely worth the price of admission (Free). Wish they'd make epic versions of all the skirmishes to give level 60s more to do. mainly because there's achievements which I can't unlock as I skipped all the skirmishes leveling up and you can't go back.

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
I think the game is very entertaining for the price (free) and I dropped $60 on it and I got my monies worth. Got two characters up to 40 before I stopped giving a shit.
This is a fundamental problem in the MMO industry. Well not FOR the MMO industry itself, but for gamers who want to play a lasting MMO. F2P MMO's are developed for exactly this. for someone to spend 2-4 months playing, drop 50 bucks, then move on to the next F2P MMO. One of the reasons we will never see another legitimately powerful MMO.

You'll learn pretty fast to just ignore everything Draegan says, he is just a total dimwit that lives in lala land. I think we'll get another hardcore MMO some day, it just may take a while, and it may end up needing to be low budget and survive off a relatively small population.

Neno

Lord Nagafen Raider
My best friend has gotten into playing this game and I have been thinking about joining him. Only problem is that I live in east Asia and am blocked from creating an account/connecting to the servers. I've been looking into getting a VPN but some seem pretty hit and miss when it comes to online gaming. Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent VPN to game on?

Kazanir_sl

shitlord
This is a fundamental problem in the MMO industry. Well not FOR the MMO industry itself, but for gamers who want to play a lasting MMO. F2P MMO's are developed for exactly this. for someone to spend 2-4 months playing, drop 50 bucks, then move on to the next F2P MMO. One of the reasons we will never see another legitimately powerful MMO.
You'll learn pretty fast to just ignore everything Draegan says, he is just a total dimwit that lives in lala land. I think we'll get another hardcore MMO some day, it just may take a while, and it may end up needing to be low budget and survive off a relatively small population.
Gonna be pretty tough when there are much easier paths to cashing in on the genre. Even moreso now that a new generation is used to this model -- the guys who grew up on paying $15/month for non-WoW games are now all in their 30s, after all.

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
Pretty tough is stating it lightly. When it all boils down to the bottom line, game companies are going to keep doing what works, and if they are happy producing the shittiest of MMO's and making max profit in a very short amount of time then they are going to keep doing it. It is not the MMO companies fault in this case, its the mindless lemmings who try every game and spend money. I guess they are having fun though...whatever. MMO communities were ruined by wow. Nothing is an accomplishment in an MMO anymore, and the communities are full of full blown reres.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Pretty tough is stating it lightly. When it all boils down to the bottom line, game companies are going to keep doing what works, and if they are happy producing the shittiest of MMO's and making max profit in a very short amount of time then they are going to keep doing it. It is not the MMO companies fault in this case, its the mindless lemmings who try every game and spend money. I guess they are having fun though...whatever. MMO communities were ruined by wow. Nothing is an accomplishment in an MMO anymore, and the communities are full of full blown reres.
A lot of it is just our rampant "consumerism", as of late. Trends are rising and falling at faster paces, everybody has to have the "latest and greatest" gadgets, etc. MMOs are becoming a by-product of that.