New Amazon/Daybreak MMO

Cybsled

That's the only thing?

I like the core aspects of the game, but unless you like running M10s or OPR all day, there isn't a ton to do that interests me besides sporadic wars (if you get slotted) or invasions if you're been playing the game a long time.

It would be amazing if they added naval combat like they had in Archeage, but the chances of that happening are probably nil at this point

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I like Smed from what I know of him. Didn’t always agree with decisions he made back in the day but I definitely know he was a loyal friend to Brad which says something about his character. Amazon chasing lighting in a bottle with games but not sure they have the higher ups that really understand games or are patient enough to let the people in the trenches go. We will see.

It's just a place to get paid the highest in the industry.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the core aspects of the game, but unless you like running M10s or OPR all day, there isn't a ton to do that interests me besides sporadic wars (if you get slotted) or invasions if you're been playing the game a long time.

It would be amazing if they added naval combat like they had in Archeage, but the chances of that happening are probably nil at this point
They are trying to do the most possible to maintain a population without actually doing large stuff. This means fixing a lot of the issues that made the game horrible to play when it released. The expansion was ....fine. It had some good qualities but in the end there is not really any end-game that is exciting. Its all repetition. This is a mechanic that I have grown tired of. The game has a foundation but it desperately needs better high end gear that does not require having multiple sets for certain situations. It needs a real raid system. This will not happen in time as other games will start to be released that will continue to pull the population away from the game.

Naval conflict? Take a moment and realize that this game was so poorly made, that after a year, a player still cannot swim in water. This mechanic existed 24 years ago in Everquest and is usually put into every online game. New World was a great example of how not to release an MMO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I suspect the "no swimming" bit isn't so much as a technical hurdle, but an artifact of the prior PVP centric game. Water is a good way to create limitations on where a character can go in a PVP battle or in general, plus it eliminates the "I'll just hide underwater to avoid dying" tactics that would be much more powerful in a game with limited ranged attack options.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
the no swimming thing is the same as games that don't let you jump. your path gets blocked by pebbles and shit, then they act like they are all slick when they add a button that lets you hurdle over things in a qte.

it's nothing to do with PVP (lol) as plenty of pvp games have swimming. It's called laziness and shitty coding.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
No, it's called budget and priorities. The swimming thing has to do with the devs. not wanting to backtrack when they fully implement navel and water features. Work smart, not hard. You can count on 1 hand the amount of water that actually impedes upon your 1-60 journey currently.

couldnt give a fuck about swimming or being under water though. Too much time spent Kedgekeep for my druid epic

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
New world has like no more than 6 servers on each side of NA. Europe has a lot of servers in NW still. God Bless the NW staff they are still listening to the people and trying anything they want to save the project. Smed was never really in development of New World he was more like a liason for AGS reporting back to the mother ship. He got remarried and has openly admitted to having depression probably due to his gaming experiences. Its rough as a player imagine taking care of the company who runs the game. the reason they never worked on swimming was they did want people glicking the zones and swinning across to new areas of the map before it was released.

• 1Like