New movies that dont deserve their own thread.

Goatface

noticed 2 shitty vampire movies just came out

Kurt is an outcast in a conservative town who dreams of moving to the city to be a famous drag queen. When he is kidnapped by a predatory old vampire and killed, he is rescued just in time to be resurrected by a gang of rebellious vampires who feed on bigots and abusers.
"how have you been getting by?"
"steady diet of racists and psychos"

• 2WTF
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Identity politics in vampire films now . . .

Rings Thanos
Lord help me, I actually watched both those trailers. The drag queen one...yeah, not even worth trying to articulate how stupid that one is.

The second one could have been somewhat ok if they left out the identity politics. Girls were ok looking, although I'm positive they won't get naked. I can even accept the whole "black girl is the little sister to two white girls" if I go with the whole "vampires are our family now" aspect. But even the big bad vamp is made out to be some kind of misogynistic oppressor that you just know will get his comeuppance from those empowered womenz!

Fuck. I think I'd rather rewatch the entire Twilight series than watch that drag queen one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Girls were ok looking, although I'm positive they won't get naked.
from imdb
Rated R for bloody violence, language and sexual material
No nudity in this movie.

figured there would be at least dick

• 1WTF

Goatface

i know i have watched 50+ variations of this, and will still probably watch this one too

• 1Like

Caliane

theaters only

killer cast. this looks great... kindof think this might deserve its own thread.
looks like the directors first movie though. a bunch of british TV series previously.
same for the writer I suppose.

• 1Like

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Have 3 good films that I've stumbled upon in the past few months:

• 1Like

Goatface

2144, A young girl raised by a polar bear pursues her destiny after escaping capture by brutal warriors intent on killing her mother.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
imagine having an uncontrollable thirst that makes you kill every night, but you have a creed of only killing those that cable news says are bad.
The sad part is I could picture it happening if Vamps were an actual thing.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Ultimately, there need to be decent scripts for black, female, and trans actors so the lazy option of reusing classics as an easy way to bring in the bucks while meeting bullshit arbitrary diversity quotas dies a long overdue death.

Bullshit

If you're a black trans midget with polio then there's a really good chance you're not going to be needed in very many movies.

Thinking like they have to create roles for the sake of giving every checkbox an equal amount of work is a really dumb fucking take

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
this is out on VOD and torrrents today or this week

A platoon of U.S. soldiers are ambushed by the Taliban becoming trapped in a cave of Afghanistan. As they make there way through the maze of tunnels to find a way out, they are hunted down by a deadly creature the locals call Karnoctus! The Predators have now become The Prey!

feels like an Asylum rip off of the upcoming Predator movie lol

spronk

FPS noob
new a24 movie way too zoomer for me trigger warning has pete davidson

• 3Garbage
Reactions: 2 users