<Silver Donator>
t3KrUwM.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Dude, all this talk about the 1080ti, as if it's the end all be all of computing performance. It's not. nVidia really has no competition right now. I can still play everything I want to on an AMD 480 right now. And that's two generations ago as far as AMD goes.

Only speed freeks and wanna be harckerz bois need those 300 FPS in CS:GO. Pro players don't play at anything higher than like 720, so they definitely don't need it.

Everybody just needs to calm the fuck down when it comes to this "1080 ti or nothin'" type talk.

Hehe!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok goishen goishen was hammered last night so I can relate. :) @Dom is awesome.

Being cucked by nvidia brings out the worst of us all. Let’s hug. And then, while we are hugging, flip the middle to a shit company that doesn’t deserve our dollars what so ever. I’m starting to think this entire launch was meant to sell way more excess 1080 stock at this point.

Buy 1080!

Love you guys.

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That picture in the Hardocp article has me rolling. If shit keeps on this track this will be my last brand new PC build, gonna have to step back to used or stay a console pleb.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
This chart is meaningless.

Inflation adjusted performance per watt might be slightly meaningful.

That said, these launch prices are stupid. Hopefully no one but a handful of idiots buy them and the prices come down a lot over the next quarter.
Depends how they handle coin farming, honestly.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Depends how they handle coin farming, honestly.
No one is buying a 1200 dollar GPU for coin farming at this point. Even if this was somehow twice as good at mining coins as the 1080ti (it won't be) the price would have to double.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This chart is meaningless.

Inflation adjusted performance per watt might be slightly meaningful.

That said, these launch prices are stupid. Hopefully no one but a handful of idiots buy them and the prices come down a lot over the next quarter.

Yeah, I'd think that a chart that has nothing to do with performance would be meaningless in relation to performance per watt. Its meaning starts and end at what it was made for: comparing the price of the top end cards across the generations (minus the Titans)

I'm seeing as much purchaser feedback on the cards across the web that I saw during the 1080 & 1080ti launches, so I'm guessing there's no shortage of idiots. The tariffs are probably going to give Nvidia yet another excuse to raise or maintain MSRP down the line as well, so I wouldn't bet on a decrease. The reduced mining influence and the lower-end Turing cards not being that great in comparison to the glut of Pascal cards are going to be our only chances.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
its not even good at that since it's using founder edition prices

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. The FE cards are just vanity items. Personally, I think they look exceptionally nice, but they're a fucking stupid purchase.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Ended up going with a 1080Ti for a good price to replace the 1070's i had in SLI. Wanted to go single card as there seems to be less and less SLI support especially with games moving to DX12. Sold one of hte 1070's to recoup some money, not sure what to do with the 2nd as both kids already have 1060/1070 and the MSI 1070 I still have wont even begin to fit in the prebuilt machine i got the wife a few years ago. Also got a 1440p 144hz monitor to pair with it and its faaaaantastic.

You could sell the extra 1070 and put the cash towards one of these for the wife.

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 DirectX 12 GV-N1080IX-8GD 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16 SLI Support ATX Video Card - Newegg.com

14-932-009-V01.jpg
14-932-009-V01.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah. FE is going to be $600 which puts it between the 1080 and 1080ti in both price and performance. Raytracing on the card will be pointless, so the only thing it has going for it is the potential for DLSS (which is an unproven thing thus far)

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Boy, am I glad I bought a 1080. Now I can skip this shitty 1st gen tech and get 2nd or 3rd gen pixelracing or whatever.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah. FE is going to be $600 which puts it between the 1080 and 1080ti in both price and performance. Raytracing on the card will be pointless, so the only thing it has going for it is the potential for DLSS (which is an unproven thing thus far)

DLSS might sell me on it since I can't justify the cost of the others, but want to upgrade my 960. That's where my holding pattern is right now, especially since PUBG is supposed to support DLSS and it's one of the main games I play. Hopefully the performance comes out decent, and DLSS doesn't suck

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
lol this is fucking garbage and a clownshow, I would be super pissed.

NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti Pre-Orders Further Delayed Until October | eTeknix
Following the news of delays on RTX 2080 Ti shipments last week, it appears that more waiting is in store for those who pre-ordered. Now NVIDIA informed buyers that they can expect the card to arrive around October 5th to October 9th. They did not even put that specific date on the original GeForce forums. Instead opting to e-mail them discreetly.
those who ordered the top-end Founder’s Edition version of the RTX 2080 Ti are understandably miffed. Especially since many other users who did not pre-order are able to just grab them from retail stores instead. Since the point of pre-ordering is to get it ahead of everyone else to begin with.

Last edited:
  • 2Like