new Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 cards released

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

TuringVsPascal_EditorsDay_Aug22_2.png

TuringVsPascal_EditorsDay_Aug22.jpg

I’m sorry but I just can’t fucking help myself right now.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
cause i'm gaming on my 2080 ti, what are you doing with your time?

Just booked a vacation instead of buying that piece of shit.

Good to know though that it isn’t selling for ass, and nvidia stock has tanked double digits in the last few weeks. Bastards deserve it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Good to know though that it isn’t selling for ass, and nvidia stock has tanked double digits in the last few weeks. Bastards deserve it.
It's seemingly out of stock in most shops, both in EU and in the US as far as I checked, other than some specific models(Zotac especially).

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So can i get a tldr? If money is absolutely no object whatsoever is this thing worth it or no? I desperately need a new video card for gaming, and while I should go AMD since I can get them dirt cheap thanks to employee discount availability, I would use this in my business as well and for that I need at least decent Open GL performance. Nvidia seems to offer both, where as AMDs seem fine but their OpenGL performance (on their gaming cards) blows donkey balls.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The new cards are lame but in all fairness the stock dip is similar to most other big chip makers right now. The market is pretty bearish on the industry

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So can i get a tldr? If money is absolutely no object whatsoever is this thing worth it or no? I desperately need a new video card for gaming, and while I should go AMD since I can get them dirt cheap thanks to employee discount availability, I would use this in my business as well and for that I need at least decent Open GL performance. Nvidia seems to offer both, where as AMDs seem fine but their OpenGL performance (on their gaming cards) blows donkey balls.

What's your use-case? (Resolution/FPS/games)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

That has nothing to do with the Turing launch.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you want to play at 4k and money is not a problem, then the 2080ti is the best card on the market. You get 25-30% more performance than a 1080ti/2080(which are about the same), for a 500$ or so premium. In terms of value, it's fucking awful, obviously. But in terms of raw power, it is the best for now, for sure. And since at 4k you're mostly GPU bound, it'll be the biggest increase.

If you don't want to do 4K though, it's pretty fucking pointless. You might get 240FPS instead of 200FPS in a 1440p game, but at that point it's really who the fuck cares. You can pretty much run anything at 1440p 144FPS on a 1080ti/2080 and save yourself a bunch of money. I guess it might be ok for ultra wide, but not sure how much better tbh.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
What's your use-case? (Resolution/FPS/games)

I game on 1 4K monitor preferably in windowed mode (and have 2 4x monitors + a 2560x1600 monitor), and games like No Mans Sky, PoE, Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, etc.

I have a 970 GTX right now which is fine for like PoE, even at 4k, but everything else I have to turn shit down a lot.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I game on 1 4K monitor preferably in windowed mode (and have 2 4x monitors + a 2560x1600 monitor), and games like No Mans Sky, PoE, Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, etc.

I have a 970 GTX right now which is fine for like PoE, even at 4k, but everything else I have to turn shit down a lot.
What cpu? I run basically everything full bore at 4K with a 1080ti + 8086K. Monster Hunter is mostly cpu bottlenecked.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

A 1080ti is the minimum that you want for most 4k gaming that isn't a low-spec game (POE runs @ 1400p @ 144hz @ ~50-60% of a 1080ti) and will let you play most titles @ 60fps, usually just with modifying quality settings a bit. A 2080ti would allow you to skip messing around with settings, give you the headroom to avoid droping below 60fps in most games, and give you some wiggle-room for the future. But there's a definite gap in the pricing as there is no shortage of 1080ti's to be found. 2080's are an alternative for the 1080ti as they're pretty much the same performance, but you'll probably find better deals on the 1080ti's.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
nvidia stock has tanked double digits in the last few weeks. Bastards deserve it.

I told you they priced everything to sell their 1080 ti glut, this is an early adopters card

wasn't aware of the stock price good time to buy