new Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 cards released

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I ran like 30 feet of hdmi / usb from my office to my living room. It's a little unwieldy but it works.

Turns out my three year old doesn't want to watch his old man play video games, wtf?

Drop him off at a fire station.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Love my 1080

My monitor is a 4k one with a refresh rate of 30Hz, so it can't display FPS beyond 30.

While I'm sure that sounds terrible, its fine for the stuff I play, which is mostly slowpaced games and absolutely no competitive ones.

Being able to run every PC game including MH:W (everything at max, volumentric rendering off) at a consistent 30 FPS in 4k reso is awesome.

Drop him off at a fire station.

Thats pretty harsh.

Decide after the DNA test.

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My monitor is a 4k one with a refresh rate of 30Hz, so it can't display FPS beyond 30.

While I'm sure that sounds terrible, its fine for the stuff I play, which is mostly slowpaced games and absolutely no competitive ones.

Being able to run every PC game including MH:W (everything at max, volumentric rendering off) at a consistent 30 FPS in 4k reso is awesome.

Thats pretty harsh.

Decide after the DNA test.

Yep I got the 4k monitor and 144 Acer both ready to go. Just change display settings for if I wanted to do what you suggested. However I find myself more on Xbox X for single players and this rig for insane frames.

spronk

FPS noob
I don't get it? RDR2 was confirmed for PC last month.

not true at all, while its 99.99999999% likely RDR 2 will be released for PC in 6-12 months Rockstar has publicly said absolutely nothing about it, other than "We don't have any info on it for now". The leak was from a rockstar programmer who had in his resume that he worked on RDR2 for PC, so its a pretty safe bet it'll happen but R* and Take Two want people to double dip for the holidays, and I think most people gladly will.

and yeah I have a 144 gSync monitor and my 65" LG OLED attached to my PC and also my ps4/xb1/switch in my office, but most games make it hard to change the primary display so you have to fuck with changing your windows primary display to drive gaming output to the TV. Its a minor pain, plus fuck having to update video drivers for every goddamn new game (why is that still a thing I will never understand). DICE/Frostbite is really good about it though, allowing you to configure each game to have a primary display. Too bad they don't make good games anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>

TuringVsPascal_EditorsDay_Aug22_2.png

TuringVsPascal_EditorsDay_Aug22.jpg

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I have no fucking idea; I think I saw a few pics of Seans entertainment system and it just looked like a generic white trash walmart setup to me (though Sean would likely argue that point, I'm sure)

I didn't even catch the HDD RPM drama until after the fact, because Sean was already at the point that his spastic emotional postings conjured up this mental image of an asthmatic man running a marathon while trying to breathe through his own urethra

how dare you make fun of sean's DISABILITIES, he posted even today on RERA in bold that HE IS DISABLED. not being able to talk to people is a disability, right

IUwD8AJ.jpg

also his TV was a panasonic plasma, it was super easy always to get him to blow up if you said that plasma sucks compared to LCD/OLED

RIP MoviePass, people living on welfare like sean will have to use welfare bux on movies again

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I am going to wait for some 3rd party test results before i make $1200 purchase on a new video card.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I am going to wait for some 3rd party test results before i make $1200 purchase on a new video card.
Yeah those nvidia provided graphs are always handpicked bullshit. That said if the game does support their different deep learning AI AA shit it seems you'll see a very noticeable gain, but from what I understand it's not necessarily something you can use on everything.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
how dare you make fun of sean's DISABILITIES, he posted even today on RERA in bold that HE IS DISABLED. not being able to talk to people is a disability, right

IUwD8AJ.jpg

also his TV was a panasonic plasma, it was super easy always to get him to blow up if you said that plasma sucks compared to LCD/OLED

RIP MoviePass, people living on welfare like sean will have to use welfare bux on movies again

Can you get one of those handicapped parking passes for being lazy and feeling like you're entitled to special treatment?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Just gonna wait, bout time for a system rebuild for me anyway, and honestly anything that will be using RayTracing is probably gonna be a way's off, still will see improvements on current games just cause of better speed/RAM support. It's gonna be awhile till we see games really pushing these new cards.(Unless Sony/MS dump AMD and swap too Nvidia GPU's)

Last edited:
  • 1Like