New Progression Server confirmed

lost

<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_98433.png

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
More screenshots/random info/gossip please. Don't have the energy or time to play, but I enjoy living vicariously through the people that do. I have a lot of nostalgia from the first 2 progression servers. God I remember being so rich on the first, because I was the first person to get the faction for Stein of Moggok (Alliance was broken) and I quested like 10 a day, and then with that money, maxed my JC before anyone else and sold a shit ton of Platinum Amber rings and such. It was good fun.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Zaide, if Kylo is on let him know I got his 22 water pet spell ready to pickup when I get home from work (5pm pst), I don't know what his RR board name is.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
More screenshots/random info/gossip please. Don't have the energy or time to play, but I enjoy living vicariously through the people that do. I have a lot of nostalgia from the first 2 progression servers. God I remember being so rich on the first, because I was the first person to get the faction for Stein of Moggok (Alliance was broken) and I quested like 10 a day, and then with that money, maxed my JC before anyone else and sold a shit ton of Platinum Amber rings and such. It was good fun.
rrr_img_98437.jpg

That is what 70+ in Crushbone looks like. 3 groups trying to out DPS each other in TR. We gave up after a mage-bot crew rolled up and dominated.

These queue are insane. I'm busy the next two weeks, only being able to hop on here and there. That's not viable if I have to sit in the queue for 2+ hours.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Screenshots like that make me happy I quit after all the login queue bs.

Cancelled the accounts yesterday.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After playing a shitton of Ragefire this weekend, I have a few thoughts.

Before the server even launched, it was pretty obvious that the biggest problems were going to be over-powered Mages and overcrowding. Well, what do you know... Mages, server queue's, and zones with 140 people in them put a bit of a damper on what otherwise is a great experience. The danger factor of dungeons is non-existent. Two reasons: If you die, you do not have to recover your body. Second, the dungeon crawl aspect of EQ classic was really unnerving. Pushing deeper into a dungeon might mean you find yourself trapped between respawns and new mobs that you could not handle. On Ragefire, pushing deeper into a dungeon just finds you the next 6 box of Mages with 100's of dead mobs at their feet.

It is not all bad though. When you strip away the years and years of expansions and reset EQ back to classic, there really is something magical about it. Going from rags and a splintering club, to making enough money to get your first suit of banded armor is an amazing feeling. Watching a Sand Giant train run through 30 noobs in 30 seconds is beyond hilarious. Dinging level 9 and being the most popular SoW caster around is pretty cool. Finally putting together a well balanced group and grinding out 4-5 levels in a couple hours like a well oiled machine is one of the best feelings an MMO can offer. The races, cities, and classes are the best. Period.

When you are away from it for so long, you forget just how this game just busting at the seems with personality and immersion. There is not a storyline pushed down your throat, but the quests and content are there to make your own if you want it. I really think that is one of the reasons EQ is so appealing to return back to, time and time again.

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Zaide, if Kylo is on let him know I got his 22 water pet spell ready to pickup when I get home from work (5pm pst), I don't know what his RR board name is.
Can you make the enchanter level 16 AE mez? If so, how much is it gonna cost me?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Can you make the enchanter level 16 AE mez? If so, how much is it gonna cost me?
Need Dropped Raw hide from equal level caster mobs. I actually might have one. Vendor purchased mats run about 30p.

lvl 16 spells are within trivial range of my current skill so I won't fail the combine.

Contact me on my mage (Hustle) tonight after work ~5pm pst.

Needless

Toe Sucker
"Windstalker_EQ2: We are working on instancing higher level zones today and tomorrow. Will be a server down when it's ready."

They're streaming stuff atm onTwitch

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So the solution is instancing? Nothing about the waiting we have to do?
This is just a test bed for their newEQueue?code for when EQNext comes out and it's so massively popular they can't rent enough servers to house everyone!

It's all part of The Vision.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah I wonder how instancing is going to affect server capacity and wait times. I'm doubtful they'll raise server cap when they implement this. Very doubtful.

They'll also have to go against their original ideal voted on by the people for Max Nostalgia of lack of instancing bringing back that oldschool feel.

I'm divided on the subject. Right now everyone is just being bastards to each other with their 4mage box dps racing spawns as soon as they pop.