New Progression Server confirmed

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Everything but opening another server. Must really be incompetent when it comes to merging.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Or they just plain don't have the hardware available and can't/don't have the budget to get more.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The most likely explanation is that their instructions are to do the best with the one and only server they are going to get.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
by this point i bet their server code is such a clusterfuck that they legitimately do need some pretty high end equipment to run it.

especially if its going to have a 4000 character load.

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Or they just plain don't have the hardware available and can't/don't have the budget to get more.
It's probably the merging of the servers later, and the character name issue. My solution to that would not to open a new server, but duplicate the current server. Everybody keeps their names, and nobody has to start over. Most people will pick one server and continue on. Yes, some people will take advantage of having high level characters on two servers right now but the farmers looking to RMT would roll on a new server anyway, and once AA's and racing for boss spawns begins, it's less feasible to raid on two servers.

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Right now everyone is just being bastards to each other with their 4mage box dps racing spawns as soon as they pop.
Heh, the bastard in me is thinking that they should allow you to make any class except Mage for free, with your subscription. Want to play a mage? Unlock the mage class for just $99 with a token from the Station Store!

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
They don't even have race change potions out yet. Hopefully they do for Kunark . I am sure some people will want to change.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i really want to hear what the official word is going to be on race change potions. whether i start my namesake necro now or 6 months from now depends on it.
smile.png

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still annoyed I couldn't start as an Iksar, BST, or Berserker.
I've done a zerk from Kunark to Omens on Trakanon. Group tanks through Luclin, but rarely are worth the raid slot for damage until Time. Rogues without poisons always win until Volley is available.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There really isn't a lot of good reasons for blocking beastlord and berserker. Races are a potion away, shit yeah I'd grab my $25 or whatever every time as them, but classes just let em roll wtf.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I really don't see an extra server happening. Merges/transfers are tons of CS work and they only have 1 GM and 1000 trained monkeys for CS right now.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Where is a good spot to be for a guild invite? I know myself and several others have been trying to get one the last few days without any luck.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
They took away most of our invite ability but around the commons seems solid most of the time .

Zaide

TLP Idealist
If you get a tell to someone we can temporarily raise permissions to tag you. So any tfo member can do invites. Sorry you've still been waiting. Try shooting a tell to Kaliea, Depredation or any forum bros here.