New Progression Server confirmed

Zaide

TLP Idealist
bUudWhB.png

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The list for instanced zones does say basically everything but Solb/Perma. Pretty cool.

High Keep
The Liberated Citadel of Runnyeye
The Western Plains of Karana
The Northern Plains of Karana
The Southern Plains of Karana
Eastern Plains of Karana
The Gorge of King Xorbb
Blackburrow
The Lair of the Splitpaw
Kithicor Forest
The Lavastorm Mountains
Solusek's Eye
Befallen
Najena
The Qeynos Aqueduct System
The Feerrott
Temple of Cazic-Thule
The Rathe Mountains
Lake Rathetear
The Lesser Faydark
Crushbone
The Castle of Mistmoore
The Estate of Unrest
The City of Guk
The Ruins of Old Guk
Dagnor's Cauldron
Erud's Crossing
Freeport Sewers
North Desert of Ro
South Desert of Ro
Highpass Hold
The Ocean of Tears

Although I bet everyone will be eating their words when people are more easily geared and have nothing to do next month. Seems like a big guild could exploit the hell out of it, particularly Lower Guk, if the threshold is low enough. New instances are kept open as long as 1 player remains. So you zone 40 into Lguk, as a guild, it creates a 2nd instance, you zone all but 1 over, and on and on, till you're farming 20 frenzied camps and just bouncing back and fourth with 5 minute timers. At least there's no CoTH lol.

Still glad they are instancing everything, regardless of whether I play or not.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Dude these are not like WoW dungeons. We're talking 3 instances each with 150 people in them. Have you ever seen 150 people in North Qeynos? It's insane. Without instances the zones lock up and no one can even zone in.

A few days ago we were grinding in SRO with like 180 people in it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
zaide with that 1999 screenshot tech

i'll fire up Lockjaw and see if i can stomach playing these progression servers.. definitely glad i just stopped leveling though on ragefire, figured this would happen lol

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I'm quite fine with it. It's not like its instancing 1 group per instance. It was insanity the numbers you saw in zones.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Instancing is going to have huge effects on the economic side of things.

Needless

Toe Sucker
well at least they shouldn't be instancing sebilis come kunark since they're ignoring dragon zones it seems.
that would destroy the economy come kunark for sure

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Great call by daybreak to do this. Who fkin cares if items are a bit more common than classic. We have 5x the population of a classic server, probably 10x the number of hardcore people who will reach lvl cap (remember in classic actually being 50 wasn't that common) and we have 1/2 the time in classic, so by my math we need 10-20x the loot to end up with the same loot/player we had in kunark. I don't think 4 instances of LGUK is going to ruin that. And if DBG is smart they will realize that instancing the planes and eventually VP/TOV won't ruin that either. That still leaves you with some mobs like the naggy and vox to poop sock and get that old feeling from but won't end in 90 percent of the server seeing 0 raid content until velious.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm curious how the instance spawning works. Will a guild be able to pile 40 people in to lguk, get lguk2 to spawn, pile everyone in to lguk2 and get lguk 3 to spawn etc? Cascading out 5+ instances so you can run half a dozen frenzied ghoul camps?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm curious how the instance spawning works. Will a guild be able to pile 40 people in to lguk, get lguk2 to spawn, pile everyone in to lguk2 and get lguk 3 to spawn etc? Cascading out 5+ instances so you can run half a dozen frenzied ghoul camps?
Yeah I guess you just have to hope Daybreak had the foresight to prevent a new instance from being created if there is another one with only a small population in it. But I doubt they have.

Vitality

HUSTLE
On the topic of item pricing, with more people being able to actually play due to instancing I'd imagine more items get purchased and consumed. Sure market volatility on things like HQ cat pelts might drive them down pretty low. But shit like Glowing black stone or fishbone earings will still be gated by their rarity and spawn windows.

It really depends on how many instances get opened up and when.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
See if any of you guys could help me... Long story short, I was playing Ragefire over the weekend and was having my PC completely freeze up in game, had to cold boot multiple times etc... Started running Win EQ in the background the freezing stopped happening, and I was able to play (although the game seemed a bit choppier than usual.

What is Win EQ doing to cause that to stop happening? Is it an issue with newer CPU's? Also since it was a patch day, Win EQ has not been updated yet, any work around so that I dont constantly crash? Thanks

Vitality

HUSTLE
Probably running at max FPS? Win EQ normalized FPS via Vsync maybe? go into your graphics settings and drop max fps to 59 (below 60) the older version of the eq client was made for lower end tech.