New Progression Server confirmed

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Man, I can't decide if I box my Shaman with an SK or a Necro. SK seems like it would be better for dungeon rares, but necro would obviously be better for outdoor rares. Help me decide, forum bros!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I really want to roll a tank box but it seems like its going to take a bunch of years/expansions for the 3 tank classes to really come into their own. Rangers are good right now but their tankability gets really iffy as things go on.

Also Necro's farm gangbusters in this time period.

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
Zaide, do we have to apply on the forums also? Was in guild on ragefire and moving to lockjaw (was even a officer somehow...probably because no one else on gfay to invite)

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Paladin is a really solid class in this era, good stuns with so many healers around, good pulling ability, high durability. SK also has alot of things in its favor.

For the first couple weeks ya ranger tank is about as good as warrior cause everyone is in banded anyway so the AC advantage is minimal, but give it another week or two and plate armor will be much more common.

I think warrior is really the odd man out right now, the complete lack of utility is pretty brutal at this stage.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
It's going to many years until Warriors start getting their utility as well. I mean its what 2 years until PoP even?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Their utility was aggro procs and defensive. They'll be dual wielding aggro in Velious and they get defensive in Kunark.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Paladin is a really solid class in this era, good stuns with so many healers around, good pulling ability, high durability.
has anyone found a vendor selling Instrument of Nife scrolls? out-of-era, but if its in-game it makes paladins super OP against undead. adds a 270-ish HP undead DD proc to their melee.

Their utility was aggro procs and defensive. They'll be dual wielding aggro in Velious and they get defensive in Kunark.
quoted for truth. though, with only 32k HP on Kunark raid mobs, you don't really need Defensive discipline until the longer battles start in Velious.

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been playing on P1999, but I'm at the point where I want to jump ship. What are the rules of the new progression server? I have heard no exp loss on death, no leaving corpse on death. What about exp penalty for classes? Are any of those classic mods still in place on Ragefire/Lockjaw?

Eonan

Doer of Things
So ive been looking to get into isboxer and doing a typical mage box ( probably 3 not 6 ) was looking to be able to basically keep my game time free with krono. Can some one pm or direct me to a really good how to guide to get some mages going?
PM sent.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
I've been playing on P1999, but I'm at the point where I want to jump ship. What are the rules of the new progression server? I have heard no exp loss on death, no leaving corpse on death. What about exp penalty for classes? Are any of those classic mods still in place on Ragefire/Lockjaw?
There is an XP penalty on these servers. Think it starts at level 6.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
has anyone found a vendor selling Instrument of Nife scrolls? out-of-era, but if its in-game it makes paladins super OP against undead. adds a 270-ish HP undead DD proc to their melee.
If the frogs are in rathe mountains they should have it. If freeport is the new version they may have it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
if you want to play a warrior, you better really love the class. they really won't be relevant for like a year.

paladins have enough in their toolbox that they are useful now, though, imo.

If the frogs are in rathe mountains they should have it. If freeport is the new version they may have it.
gukta is completely gone, i ran a newb ogre over there to check it out. freeport is new version, paladins should check there. seriously OP spell for the era. still won't be as strong as a mage pet, but it'll bridge the gap a bit. =p

Instrument of Nife :: Spells :: EverQuest :: ZAM

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think Pallys are pretty great but I slightly prefer not to have to med plus I dont see a need for either class for at least a year with the way mage pets are. Could still box Mage+ enc or druid and twink a tank later.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
paladins are great for dungeon crawling since they're decent at pulling and CCing. sure, you don't need good pulls or CC if you have four mages in your group, but with the new expanded instancing after today's downtime you might be able to get some dungeon space mostly to yourself, away from roflstomp mage groups?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
paladins are great for dungeon crawling since they're decent at pulling and CCing. sure, you don't need good pulls or CC if you have four mages in your group, but with the new expanded instancing after today's downtime you might be able to get some dungeon space mostly to yourself, away from roflstomp mage groups?
Yeah, Knights > Warriors until atleastVelious. Warriors are basic bitches, yo.