New Progression Server confirmed

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Having the "what to box" problem again. Was running ... Mage, Mage, Paladin, Enchanter, Cleric, Wizard. Pretty solid group, but given the chance to reroll on LJ, I can't help but think of ways to change it up.

I'm considering dropping Paladin for Druid, simply for easy PL later, but for at least a year, PLing = level a new mage up with the person you want PLed... so Druid is pointless. So I'll probably just keep it the same.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Having the "what to box" problem again. Was running ... Mage, Mage, Paladin, Enchanter, Cleric, Wizard. Pretty solid group, but given the chance to reroll on LJ, I can't help but think of ways to change it up.

I'm considering dropping Paladin for Druid, simply for easy PL later, but for at least a year, PLing = level a new mage up with the person you want PLed... so Druid is pointless. So I'll probably just keep it the same.
Crone, did you find with the mage pets that the cleric rarely ever needed to heal? Also did you think the Enchanter would have been better off as a third mage?

Stabones_sl

shitlord
I'll be playing. Won't be able to play as much as all of you but will try and hold my own.

Will roll a druid named either Stabones or Cueballer.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Crone, did you find with the mage pets that the cleric rarely ever needed to heal? Also did you think the Enchanter would have been better off as a third mage?
It depends on how ballsy you go with your pulls (what /con you're pulling). If I pulled reds, I found myself healing with the cleric/druid, yellows on occasion, never on blues or whites.

Crone

To be honest, we only got to level 3... ya, I'm that casual. lol...

However, my thought is that pets when you get adds, are annoying as fuck when trying to box. Add gets too close, and now you are scrambling to move that one box far enough away from the pet, so the pet tanks instead of the box. Hence why the tank, or even if not that, Mez. Mez adds, and just rape train 1 mob at a time with all the dps. And cleric was used a few different times, because again, adds. Things don't always go perfect, and with just 2 mages, and 3+ mobs aggroing in just Commonlands, it was nice to have those heals.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Probably fine, but at that point I don't think the 5th mage is really that valuable for more dps as opposed to enchanter or wizard for utility.

Crone

I'd agree with that. I'd rather have ports for getting around, or some other utility rather than the extra DPS.

Eonan, or anyone else, where did you get your Vert UI? Would like to use that as well.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Outside of fear and maybe hate(no clue since revamp), are enchanters just buff bots on raids and if not, I would assume you just need 2-3 per raid max? Counting Classic/Kunark/Velious.

Be better to roll something that really doesn't have a negative aspect the more you bring(not cleric, I found that too boring for me). Maybe bard?Since you ideally want 1 a group.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
In classic you def do not need more than 3 enchanters on even the craziest raids. Between the enchanters and bards you should be able to CC even trains from competing guilds.

Crone

Bard is a good choice in place of an enchanter, but Clarity is pretty damn bad ass. You are right in raids, you'll be a buff bot at least through Luclin, and probably even further. Then again, because of resists, bards are great to have in every single group. But damn, sometimes bards are annoying. lol

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Is there someone that would lend me an account tomorrow for the launch of Lockjaw? Some of the shit I do to get myself set up at the initial open really benefits from having a mule. Normally I'd just use Ronne but he's occupied.

It would be for less than an hour tomorrow at launch.

Crone

Deity's don't seem to matter much in classic, but I don't want to regret something now, come 3 expansions from now...

Like Paladin... go Half Elf or High Elf, and Tunare follower so I can get Nature's Defender, or it doesn't matter?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Another point on the deity thing is that on Fippy/Vulak we ended up having those stat totems for your ranged slot based on deity that you could tradeskill. I ended up using a race change potion on my Monk going from a Human -> Agnostic to a Human -> Quellious just so I could min max it with one.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah torn between bard / chanter . It's rough. Trying to balance group/raid/sol. Chanter offering buffs outside group(good way to make money) + JC. Gah! Competition for caster gear will be intense/expensive.

Was reading on pp99 wiki, is it the same here regarding the 32 mana song, being able to double pulse it?"Cassindra's chorus of Clarity (lvl 32) stacks with all other forms of mana regeneration including itself; you will get mana faster by pulsing it instead of letting it play, and two (or more) bards singing it will mean even more mana regeneration."

Oh well, will have to make a choice shortly ;P