New Progression Server confirmed

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
yeah torn between bard / chanter . It's rough. Trying to balance group/raid/sol. Chanter offering buffs outside group(good way to make money) + JC. Gah! Competition for caster gear will be intense/expensive.

Was reading on pp99 wiki, is it the same here regarding the 32 mana song, being able to double pulse it?"Cassindra's chorus of Clarity (lvl 32) stacks with all other forms of mana regeneration including itself; you will get mana faster by pulsing it instead of letting it play, and two (or more) bards singing it will mean even more mana regeneration."

Oh well, will have to make a choice shortly ;P
The 32 mana song should work this way as long as no buff appears in your buffs or short duration buffs.

It used to just show the text "Your mind begins to clear." with no buff icon, if this is still the case you should be able to constantly pulse it. ie: /melody 1 1 1 1

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Confirmed casual.

But in all seriousness, when I played this game I was a teenager, and things like remembering how to navigate the maze in CT has made its was into my long term memory. I wish other important information did, like the table of periodic elements, but my memory is filled with an over abundance everquest data.
Fuckin hell I was just thinking about this the other day. I have forgotten so many things... and I remember sooooo much about EQ. Item drops, item stats, spawns, spawn timers, zone names, how to navigate complex zones like deep Skyshrine and Siren's Grotto. It's all still there... but tons of other useful shit is long gone.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Knowing the run to Yelinak is pretty damn impressive. I remember parts of it, but nowhere near the whole thing.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Fuckin hell I was just thinking about this the other day. I have forgotten so many things... and I remember sooooo much about EQ. Item drops, item stats, spawns, spawn timers, zone names, how to navigate complex zones like deep Skyshrine and Siren's Grotto. It's all still there... but tons of other useful shit is long gone.
Back in 99 nothing in life mattered more. Hell,very few things in the entirety of most of those EQ vets lives will ever matter as much as that knowledge did. All that info is going to have staying power.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Knowing the run to Yelinak is pretty damn impressive. I remember parts of it, but nowhere near the whole thing.
Plus quest NPC's, the bank and the entire crazy maze as well as certain named spawns and rare loot such as these Haste boots that almost nobody knew about.

Anyways, I'll be on literally all weekend (+1 UTC) but don't want to do the full on static grind because I want to do some farming and shit around 30-40. Will be rolling Mage/Enc and possibly Dru. Will keep an eye out if any groups need a top up.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Wasn't siren's grotto the zone you could camp through a wall to end up at western wastes or something

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't siren's grotto the zone you could camp through a wall to end up at western wastes or something
Yeah, but it took a few tries and I don't think large races could do it very well.

I spent more time in SG than almost any other zone, certainly more than any other zone in Velious. So much to farm, and it was so challenging in Velious era. Lots of nostalgia there.

Evernothing

Yeah, but it took a few tries and I don't think large races could do it very well.

I spent more time in SG than almost any other zone, certainly more than any other zone in Velious. So much to farm, and it was so challenging in Velious era. Lots of nostalgia there.
So lame that the revamp deleted most of the cool drops. Neriad Shawl, Drums of the Beast etc.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So lame that the revamp deleted most of the cool drops. Neriad Shawl, Drums of the Beast etc.
I'm trying to sell a Neriad Shawl right now to pay for more Kronos haha. Yeah I remember learning about Drums of the Beast and going nuts. That modifier was massively ahead of its time and was just insane. It took me very long to camp it and eventually I already had it when I got it to drop. I can't remember what I paid, but it wasn't as much as you'd think. Lute of the Howler was another godly item (from Velk's), that allowed me to solo Phini because you are neutral to absolutely everything in Kedge as a werewolf and the haste was insane and stacked with everything.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I wish I could apply my ability to remember random EQ fact/details/players to something useful in life too. I could have a PHD, but all I've got is these phat lewtz
frown.png

Crone

Looking at running my group outta Qeynos this time around. It's been like 15 years since I've done that, as Freeport/Gfay have dominated. Looks like Half Elf Bard/Paladin, 2x Human mages (hate Erudite), Human Cleric, and human wizard. As much as I dislike Erudites, I might have to throw one in just to mix it up a bit. That's way too much human.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Public thanks to Zaide for the effort he has put in and coordination he has provided to make this Lockjawn launch awesome.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I wish I could apply my ability to remember random EQ fact/details/players to something useful in life too. I could have a PHD, but all I've got is these phat lewtz
frown.png
Remembering all this shit and organizing a ton of static groups is an applicable adult skill in the workplace.