New Progression Server confirmed

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I remember that on P99, they would start/stop that song, and it was pretty crazy mana regen. However, I don't remember that being the case last progression server, but just a P99 thing.

Leaning towards bard I think... auto follow isn't that bad, and melody is in. I know so much more can be done with a bard if you actually play it, but right now, Selo's is too awesome to pass up!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This better fuckin work out tomorrow, cause i'm giving up a booty call for this shit.

Eonan

Doer of Things
I remember that on P99, they would start/stop that song, and it was pretty crazy mana regen. However, I don't remember that being the case last progression server, but just a P99 thing.

Leaning towards bard I think... auto follow isn't that bad, and melody is in. I know so much more can be done with a bard if you actually play it, but right now, Selo's is too awesome to pass up!
Selos is damn near the only reason I run the bard, makes traveling sooooo much more bearable.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Selos ruins EQ for you. Transportation is never the same after you've played a bard for a while.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Hmm that's a let down. Able to keep up with clarity if you can pulse it.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I picked up another monitor, and want to run three accounts this time. The current options are Druid/Shaman/Monk or Druid/Shaman/Mage. I'm leaning toward the Monk version just because I want to main the monk, and everyone is going to have Mages.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Can anybody confirm that enchanter pets with a petamorph, allows you to control them? If so im just going ench/mage/druid tomorrow since imma rock 2 pet classes with polar bear petamorphs anyway lol

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can anybody confirm that enchanter pets with a petamorph, allows you to control them? If so im just going ench/mage/druid tomorrow since imma rock 2 pet classes with polar bear petamorphs anyway lol
Not on this server no, On the regular servers yes.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We had petamorph wands on Vulak. I remember "exploiting" the hell out of that. If you look at old Nagafen poopsock screenshots you see like 40 Aviak things that were all chanter pets.

P.s. We're getting close to launch here, I need Pharmakos and Fiyero to get back to me asap if you fools read this, check your inbox.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can have and use the wands, but you can't control the Enchanter pet's like you can on live with them.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Selos ruins EQ for you. Transportation is never the same after you've played a bard for a while.
Running through Oasis and Ro so fast that you kill yourself from falling damage on tiny hills, bahah.

Trying to sell my Halfling mask for a Krono cos I am too cheap to sub. Camped that shit for 54 hours (well... something did... he...he...he...). Don't remember how my char ended up on FV tho. It's annoying because a Krono is only 1.5 mil on FV and I know I have 10x that on one of my accounts I can't remember :O

Anyone still play on FV or have a Krono on FV and want to trade it for x5 100% exp pots? They are 345k atm. Annoying you can't /bazaar on a free account lol.

Wow. The last 3 years of Veteran Rewards are hilariously bad. I somehow have 12 years of Veteran Rewards even though I haven't activated since the last Progression server and that was only for a month.

Sweet, I got a few Kronos. Count me in for tonight. Still not sure on what I'll roll. I guess I could box since I have a few Kronos now.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
It really won't - more money in the system with more players will buoy any loss of value from extra drops.
Without knowing how well this instancing works, we have:

Unknown variable heavily influencing drop rate (instancing)
Known variable increasing customer-base (2-3x more players than vanilla)
Power creep influencing drop rate (GL actually used to be hard in vanilla).

I'd be astounded if the economy for all items from instanced zones isn't cratered after a month or two.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Maybe it is a sign that I am going to get dementia at an old age but how do you people remember so much from all them years ago? I was never really that hardcore back at orginal launch and only made max level in Kurnak but reading all your posts and people mention running from Freeport to Qeynos etc I could not even tell you one zone you would need to cross. People remember the named mob locations and best xp spots. I played a fair ammount when I did finally get hooked but i could not tell you any of this.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Maybe it is a sign that I am going to get dementia at an old age but how do you people remember so much from all them years ago? I was never really that hardcore back at orginal launch and only made max level in Kurnak but reading all your posts and people mention running from Freeport to Qeynos etc I could not even tell you one zone you would need to cross. People remember the named mob locations and best xp spots. I played a fair ammount when I did finally get hooked but i could not tell you any of this.
Confirmed casual.

But in all seriousness, when I played this game I was a teenager, and things like remembering how to navigate the maze in CT has made its was into my long term memory. I wish other important information did, like the table of periodic elements, but my memory is filled with an over abundance everquest data.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol. Ya, it all comes rushing back. For the most part, EQ is the one game that I never forget. And plus, I've been playing EQ on and off ever since "quitting". So it's always a great refresh. I keep it fresh in my mind how to make those runs.

Vitality: I could use some hustlebucks! hook it up!

See you guys all on LJ!