New Progression Server confirmed

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just started on this and need advice, what race/deity for bards? And general advice after that. Never played eq1

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What predictions do we have for a live release of Kunark from DBG in a few days? I pray to god they did some kind of internal testing on it.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What predictions do we have for a live release of Kunark from DBG in a few days? I pray to god they did some kind of internal testing on it.
All raid mobs outside of VP dead within four hours. Apok spends most of it's time wiping to Gorenaire after narrowly defeating Venril Sathir. At least 30 boxes sit on King spawn in Sebilis while shit crews from any given guild lock down VP key piece camps just because.

All raid mobs are easy. All can be mage walled. Gorenaire is the hardest encounter in the game.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Forgot to add that Trakanon will have his spawn time reduced and will drop more teeth. This change will go into effect approximately 16-21 days from launch.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
People advocating rotated/shared server firsts.
Of course! Daybreak has given everyone who cannot compete a way to legislate equality. It's Harrison Bergeron brought to life. Just keep making rules until things are "fair." I can't wait to see what people concoct for the next set of rotation agreements on Lockjaw. Hell, I'm sure we'll see overwhelming support for Trakanon to be a rotation mob on day one.

I have seen purgatory and it is GM enforced mediocrity.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
People advocating rotated/shared server firsts. It's official, this isn't Everquest.
Which makes the server progress sooner? Sharing the first kill or waiting till a solo force has keyed up?

It's not brain surgery. Heck, you expressed yourself the worry of how long keying for VP may take and the impact on progression speed. You already see the problem, just have too much hubris to accept a possible solution.

[Although if they speed up Trak from the get-go/very early on it'll be moot anyhow - as would if you could guarantee 100% of FFA kills if there's a FFA timeframe - but again the latter requires hubris again, considering it's a timeframe when people will care to compete more for FFA]

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I know, why don't we have GM enforced rotations on day one and then GM enforced rotating sharing of VP because each guild is only going to have so many keys! Each guild will submit an equal amount of players and loot distribution will be GM enforced.

The problem is that the inmates are being allowed to run the asylum. The solution to that problem is to not allow the inmates to run the asylum. The last thing we need in Kunark is a bunch of GM enforced fairness.