New Progression Server confirmed

Titan_sl

shitlord
Which makes the server progress sooner? Sharing the first kill or waiting till a solo force has keyed up?

It's not brain surgery. Heck, you expressed yourself the worry of how long keying for VP may take and the impact on progression speed. You already see the problem, just have too much hubris to accept a possible solution.

[Although if they speed up Trak from the get-go/very early on it'll be moot anyhow - as would if you could guarantee 100% of FFA kills if there's a FFA timeframe - but again the latter requires hubris again, considering it's a timeframe when people will care to compete more for FFA]
Its not even a good idea. Players play better when they're amongst their peers. Having a rag tag group of random guilds trying to kill buffed VP? Probably isn't going to happen. People that have been raiding together, and know their strength/weaknesses is a far better solution, even if it takes a week longer.

Swear man, these fucking rotations lol.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its not even a good idea. Players play better when they're amongst their peers. Having a rag tag group of random guilds trying to kill buffed VP? Probably isn't going to happen. People that have been raiding together, and know their strength/weaknesses is a far better solution, even if it takes a week longer.

Swear man, these fucking rotations lol.
I agree it's screwed up, but it's at least a possible band-aid if rotations or FFA ends up splitting the spawns down the middle for a while.

The solutions to progressing the server ASAP are:
1) Get 100% of FFA (dicey when people actually care...)
2) Convince every guild to roll over and ignore Trak until VP is cleared the first time (which requires trust of accurate reporting which isn't there...)
3) Joint it

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
We already had one early vote (where a majority of the server voted for earlier unlocks and we got transfers instead of an earlier Kunark) and I expect another early vote before the official scheduled vote of December 1st. The server is slowly bleeding population and I suspect by October it's going to be low enough for Daybreak to take action.

The one major upside to this absurd unlock timer is that we get to watch Ragefire beta test Kunark and see what they do with rotations.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They've got a vote and if the vote goes through they'll get an unlock on Monday the 7th of September. If the vote fails they'll get another vote every two weeks until it passes.

Given that everyone who wanted Kunark sooner transfered to Ragefire (mostly) it should go through.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Which makes the server progress sooner? Sharing the first kill or waiting till a solo force has keyed up?

It's not brain surgery. Heck, you expressed yourself the worry of how long keying for VP may take and the impact on progression speed. You already see the problem, just have too much hubris to accept a possible solution.
As I stated on the tlp forums. I came back to experience progression. I want to experience Kunark and every other expansiom to its fullest extent and that means racing for server first kills. If the choice is between having Velious unlock two days later or doing some joint raid you can bet I'm going to wait two days.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As I stated on the tlp forums. I came back to experience progression. I want to experience Kunark and every other expansiom to its fullest extent and that means racing for server first kills. If the choice is between having Velious unlock two days later or doing some joint raid you can bet I'm going to wait two days.
Assuming sped up spawns, that's reasonable (part of why I'd personally not put the cart before the horse yet) - assuming your worry of them not speeding up Trak's spawn rate isn't adjusted though, that's probably a matter of extra weeks.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
FFA for September, October, take off the key requirements for VP in November and have rotations, December unlocks Velious.

Some sort of day 1 Trak rotation with shared guild VP raiding is going to result in the first ten keyed players from each guild in that rotation (the leadership and/or the best players running the best classes) leaving and starting their own guild. Other possibilities are people raiding with the intention of failing on purpose until their guild has enough keys to go it alone or mega drama as each guild has to pick who gets to do content and who doesn't get to do content.

I don't honestly know how that's going to work at all. If you're going to be the 60th person in your guild to get a VP key and there's other guilds in the rotation you're going to be salty as fuck. The whole thing could turn into one big popularity contest and even if it doesn't it'll definitely be perceived as one by the dudes getting passed over week after week after week.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
This game just isn't fun anymore. I'm still subbed, but can I be assed to log in? No. I don't have a regular group to level with, and no classes I want can solo to max without massive twinking. I'd gladly play paladin, sk, monk, ranger, maybe a couple others if I had fuckin people to play with...But I refuse to fucking play a mage or necro just to max level and twink the class I want....and I got laid off so theres no fucking way I'm mass buying krono to twink one.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The one major upside to this absurd unlock timer is that we get to watch Ragefire beta test Kunark and see what they do with rotations.
The rotation has actually been pretty quiet on RF and discussions are postponed until after Kunark so at least we get to see who can kill what for a week.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Krassus, come play EQ2 progression server with me bro.
We did for like 2 weeks and came back to EQ1. IMO you and the situation need to come to EQ1, we need more people with experience who don't need instruction. Caspin & Doom are playing as mages right now and were about to go into Kunark =)

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
We did for like 2 weeks and came back to EQ1. IMO you and the situation need to come to EQ1, we need more people with experience who don't need instruction. Caspin & Doom are playing as mages right now and were about to go into Kunark =)
I actually did tried EQ1 not longer ago, but hey guess what, I am too old to camp shit, it wasn't near as fun as 10 years ago on a 800x600 screen. EQ2 on the other hand, is perfect to me. Anyway, hit me up if you ever want to come back to EQ2
smile.png

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The rotations killed it for me. I can't full time that server, and hinge my life around it. So getting 5hrs on a Saturday, logging in, every camp is semi AFK groups farming loot for kronos, raid mob spawns and you don't even get to attempt cause "rotation feels".

Post is disjointed a bit, on a phone etc.

Might pop in for Kunark... See 30 ppl farming Sen, and log. Lol

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah kronos have definitely been bad and good.. bad for socializing and good for maintaining subs or making money.