New Progression Server confirmed

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I felt this way quite suddenly after a couple of months. I was enjoying it, and then I wasn't, and then I hated myself even for what few parts I did enjoy.

The social aspect of the game was down to one, sometimes two nights of raiding a week. The rest was just grinding AA by yourself because it's just too much fucking trouble to do it any other way. You think you are making things more convenient for yourself, but that shit is a trap. Even with "new" content, that was some lonely, depressing and boring shit.

Everyone has their own version of what "killed" EQ for them. I say it was AA. No game should encourage its player to sit in one spot killing the same shit over and over again ad nauseam.
I enjoy AA myself, but then again - I bounce around a ton doing it all over the damn place rather than just min-maxing my ideal spot. I'll use it as an excuse to help people out farming something I've got no personal stake in because I'll get AA doing it, etc.

AA does feel terrible when you're doing it solo with all boxes though.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah last progression was stupid, having you respawn with your items on corpse? dont need to look at book to med? random quests that were in game that shouldnt that made people rich.. etc. didnt feel like progression at all.

Evernothing

And all those same things will be in again this time.

Also:
  • Crescent Reach OP newb armour
  • Zonewide random Hotzone drops likeSilverwing Circlet
  • OP pets and Monk fists
  • Likely potions and poisons

Needless

Toe Sucker
wait wat, they kept rogue poisons in on the previous progression servers? those things were like god damn wizard nukes that procced like crazy lol

Evernothing

Possibly, depends on how wrapped up in Witcher 3 I am.

Currently playing on Blood of Turmoil with some old TFO folks. Citidal, Mezzo, Arandris etc.

qxx_sl

shitlord
Everyone has their own version of what "killed" EQ for them. I say it was AA. No game should encourage its player to sit in one spot killing the same shit over and over again ad nauseam.
This. I felt physically assaulted when they introduced AA. I hit max level. Just let me sit in the EC tunnel all day crushing it in my NToV gear.

Truthfully, the concept of AA was a necessary addition; something to keep us engaged with the game. As much as I honestly would have been satisfied to sit at the EC tunnel all day clowning on Kangs, I probably would have given the game up along with everyone else since there wasn't anything new to do. Again, theconceptof AA is what I'm talking about. The actual implementation of AA was atrocious; they were gained slow as balls, tedious activity for almost unnoticeable gains outside of some activated AAs. And even the activated AA were marginally useful. Worse of all, this had to be done in fucking Luclin zones.

Dat gain tho - slow as fuck and you had to do it in shitty Luclin zones (Fungus Grove). A perfect shitstorm of uninteresting bullshit. This is why I would never enjoy a Progression server. I lose interest post-Velious, though I enjoy PoP. Unfortunately you have to fuck your ex on Luclin first, have an enjoyable affair in PoP and then get married to the cunt in GoD. OoW is the kids you don't want. Send those germs to college in PoR but at that point you'll never enjoy your life again like you used to...constantly yearning for that feeling of being single and free that you once felt during Original thru Velious. Sure, you'll get glimpses of it but it will never truly be the same.

I just realized why I still play this game. I want to die.

Vaclav

Poisons were not in. Just the old shitty single proc ones starting in POP or whatever.
Nor was most of the rest of his list.... one item on the list was actually on 2.0 (unless he means newbie armor in general, but that's not CR)

lost

<Bronze Donator>
And all those same things will be in again this time.

Also:
  • Crescent Reach OP newb armour
  • Zonewide random Hotzone drops likeSilverwing Circlet
  • OP pets and Monk fists
  • Likely potions and poisons
oh yeaah that newbie armor too, that shit was RIDICULOUS for starting off. And yeah the pets were crazy, and they also zoned over with you so you didnt have to resummon them, even logged out with you. The server was still fun after everyone got through the "beginning grind" I suppose.''

Also I think the pets dual wielded sooner? And you could find the researchable pets on SK vendors (was that classic? I forget)

Vaclav

oh yeaah that newbie armor too, that shit was RIDICULOUS for starting off. And yeah the pets were crazy, and they also zoned over with you so you didnt have to resummon them, even logged out with you. The server was still fun after everyone got through the "beginning grind" I suppose.''

Also I think the pets dual wielded sooner? And you could find the researchable pets on SK vendors (was that classic? I forget)
Yea. SK vendors always had the overlapped pets even in Classic - not that many necros bothered checking.

And been testing the "early pet dual wield" - they show the offhand really early (I think first or second SK pet does? So L4-9ish for a necro) but the actual DW rate looks absymal watching their attacks even on the L22 one. (Again probably 12-15ish necro)

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
This. I felt physically assaulted when they introduced AA. I hit max level. Just let me sit in the EC tunnel all day crushing it in my NToV gear.

Truthfully, the concept of AA was a necessary addition; something to keep us engaged with the game. As much as I honestly would have been satisfied to sit at the EC tunnel all day clowning on Kangs, I probably would have given the game up along with everyone else since there wasn't anything new to do. Again, theconceptof AA is what I'm talking about. The actual implementation of AA was atrocious; they were gained slow as balls, tedious activity for almost unnoticeable gains outside of some activated AAs. And even the activated AA were marginally useful. Worse of all, this had to be done in fucking Luclin zones.

Dat gain tho - slow as fuck and you had to do it in shitty Luclin zones (Fungus Grove). A perfect shitstorm of uninteresting bullshit. This is why I would never enjoy a Progression server. I lose interest post-Velious, though I enjoy PoP. Unfortunately you have to fuck your ex on Luclin first, have an enjoyable affair in PoP and then get married to the cunt in GoD. OoW is the kids you don't want. Send those germs to college in PoR but at that point you'll never enjoy your life again like you used to...constantly yearning for that feeling of being single and free that you once felt during Original thru Velious. Sure, you'll get glimpses of it but it will never truly be the same.

I just realized why I still play this game. I want to die.
You absolutely did not have to AA in Luclin. I got plenty of AA in Velks soloing spiders at 60.

Vaclav

You absolutely did not have to AA in Luclin. I got plenty of AA in Velks soloing spiders at 60.
I seem to remember Quarken doing a shitload of Velks during Velious era, he was probably burned out on Velks too. [I remember intimately him doing a TON of tizmaks out there in GD - think I even grouped with him once doing them the first and last time I bothered with them]

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
And been testing the "early pet dual wield" - they show the offhand really early (I think first or second SK pet does? So L4-9ish for a necro) but the actual DW rate looks absymal watching their attacks even on the L22 one. (Again probably 12-15ish necro)
rrr_img_95374.jpg

Vaclav

A quarter to a third (I was using identical weapons in each hand so no DW/DA distinction) looks about right, yea. Nice to see the parse confirming it's abysmal.

Just seems to smooth out their progression from the charting.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If anyone decides to make a troll a big pile of the items you'll need for your newbie armor quests are in the Rathe Mountains where the Froglok town is. The quests were put in after the trolls were exiled from Grobb and never changed around once the trolls retook it. It's probably correct to just run there at level 1 as the frog newbie area has much higher monster density on top of drops you'll want.

I don't know how long this has been the case but you can just hand in full stacks of shit to quest givers and it works out. Here's me handing a full stack of 100 bone chips to Gunlok in Kaladim and being instantly level 5. After that I'd probably afk in front of a snake until my defense was maxed.

rrr_img_95383.jpg
rrr_img_95384.jpg

Vaclav

Arb: Too lazy to check it right now, but last time I'd done stacked quest turn ins they capped at 20 - and I always remember the XP on that quest being absolutely ridiculous on top of that - I wouldn't be shocked if they never fixed that and you'd actually have a ton more XP there in that test.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, I have no idea how things work right now. I was turning in shit for something else and saw it was now forgiving. I'll have to track down exactly how it works.

Also, this should be a clusterfuck of a camp for literalyears.Not pictured, three more giants behind me -

rrr_img_95391.jpg